Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-12, 05:14 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I always like Ellen but can't tell her workouts apart! This is EXACTLY why I'm looking forward to this new 30min workout. There are bound to be fewer reps for one thing, but I bet it'll include Ellen's usual stuff so it'll be great to have a studio workout to rotate with the Self workouts. (Maybe two if her other forthcoming workout is 30mins as well.) How nice to have a rich but concise variety of 1/2 hr Ellen workouts in the morning. She's such a warm, sunny person to wake up to - I look forward to alternating Ellen with Miranda.
I was going to buy Ellen's Grace & Gusto. It looked like a good workout. But when I watched it, it looked similar to the other Ellen workouts that I have. So I didn't buy it.
Old 11-27-12, 05:25 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyfit View Post
[FONT="Times New Roman"]...of the majority of posts here - I've fallen back in love with Cathe, especially with the Cross Fire and To the Max DVD's! It may have to do with the fact that I'm really enjoying Tabata training and HiiT (anything that gets my metabolism cranking works for me these days), but I also love the musical choices Cathe is making, as well as the production quality, outstanding form and variety of body types among her background exercisers.
I like Cathe's newest stuff too, but I agree with others that her matching outfits, the makeup, and the over-rehearsed delivery needs to change.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:30 PM  
Judy W.

Chalene. The workouts are great, and I found her to be very encouraging, giving me the drive to push on. She said I could do it, and by golly, I could!

But eventually the "party party people" stuff started wearing on me. It just seems so fake.

I wish her well! And I haven't gotten rid of her workouts yet -- they are quite good, and I'm hoping I'll like them again!
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:41 PM  
dela

Amy Bento. I'm just not interested any longer in her workouts. I don't know what happened.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:43 PM  
brownie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conni View Post
Amy Bento. Not crazy about her work. Used to jump on the bandwagon, but lately I don't want to do any of her dvds...
me, too. I sold all of mine.
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:54 PM  
Victoriap

Chalene.
Victoriap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:56 PM  
KathAL79

I'm in the not-who-but-what category, as I've lost that loving feeling for spins. I still love my choreography, but my migraine brain doesn't like twirling around, so I have to take out the spins I used to like doing. So I guess since I'm not reaching for those instructors who refuse to provide modifiers for such things I could say I've lost some of the love for some of my old favorites, although I can't bear to take a closer look at my collection even though I should. Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:13 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

Chalene. I'm not quite ready to get rid of the workouts I still have but she will never get another dime of my money.
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:13 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
I'm in the not-who-but-what category, as I've lost that loving feeling for spins. I still love my choreography, but my migraine brain doesn't like twirling around, so I have to take out the spins I used to like doing. So I guess since I'm not reaching for those instructors who refuse to provide modifiers for such things I could say I've lost some of the love for some of my old favorites, although I can't bear to take a closer look at my collection even though I should. Parting is such sweet sorrow...
This is me, too. I don't have Cathe's newer stuff - they don't interest me. But in the past few weeks I've pulled out Step Works, Step Heat, Power Max, and Pure Strength. I like those workouts, and I like Cathe in those workouts.

I want to get another Ellen or two from the Studio Series. But yesterday, while doing Fat Burning Fusion, I was wishing that she would make something that would clock in around 30 minutes.

It seems I can't stick to any one thing (although, interestingly, I've been pulling out older step tapes lately and just doing a half hour or so), whether it's the instructor or the type of workout. I just try to not do any one type of workout too frequently, even though that makes it difficult to get consistent training.
Old 11-27-12, 08:47 PM  
RedPanda

Amy Bento - I used to gag with excitement at every one of her new offerings, but her personna in Cardio Karate put me off. I hope she was just putting on some tough girl schtick, but it's still annoying.

KCM - another instructor who got me gagging with excitement when a new DVD was coming out, but not so much now that her workouts are geared more to intermediate, rather than intermediate/advanced exercisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
I like Cathe's newest stuff too, but I agree with others that her matching outfits, the makeup, and the over-rehearsed delivery needs to change.