Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-16-22, 01:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kate, my goodness, so sorry about the bug and injury! I so understand that frustration. I laughed when you said you were feeling 'puny' though because that's just not a word I associate with ANY of the amazing things you do, hah!! Definitely take it easy (though I know that's not really in your wheelhouse either)!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 03:35 PM  
lavna

Wow, Kate. That's a lot. I hope everything gets better soon.
I'm sending healing thoughts and hugs your way!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 12:07 AM  
LizEMA

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming

Breaking my lurker status to send support, hugs and healing vibes to my sweet Kate!

It is SUCH a bummer when injuries happen and can really do a number on you, mentally so I understand your frustration. (I can sympathize, too. I'm working my way through my own peculiar injury and being pigheadedly impatient about it. LOL So I WANT to tell you to be patient with yourself and your body, but that would just make me a hypocrite. )
It sounds like you're doing everything right, though, continuing to move while respecting your current limitations and dialing things back a bit. I hope things resolve themselves quickly for you.

In the meantime, I just wanted to send you a little extra love.

In true Kate fashion, though, I see that you are still rocking your WOs.

(I loved CL 407, too! Such a great WO!
While you're looking to step away from your streaming, the universe has been sending me messages to expand my options and sign up for LMOD. $5/month is awfully hard to resist!)

Keep us updated on your healing journey.
Old 08-17-22, 09:01 AM  
ChelePA

Hi Liz…so nice of you to check in on Kate. Love this board.

This morning I did a live cycling class with 80s rock music. Think I’m going to try to conquer the lawn right now. Hopefully it won’t take very long since the grass isn’t really growing on the slope/hill on the backside with all the heat. That part of the yard gets sun all day so it would need lots of water, which isn’t happening these days.

Happy Wednesday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 12:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh, no, Kate! Try to take it a bit easy! It may be a sign for a reevaluation of your current workout schedule. Our bodies let us know! (((HUGS)))

(Waves to Liz!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 03:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Wow, Kate! Be careful and take care of yourself! AdultW is correct--our bodies let us know even if our minds want to push through anyway!

bee, lol about the ukulele. My grandfather played it and my mom sewed him a personalized case with his initials on it back in the day.

FN1/SHW, I've come close to talking to myself as well. And yes, you are not the only one who got so used to starting with my left foot for CL that it was an adjustment to start again with the right one in the DVDs!

Liz, good to "see" you and please feel free to post and join whenever you like! And so nice of you to comment about Kate! She really is amazing, isn't she?

And speaking of amazing, Chele, you are doing so well with your Peleton workouts and working so hard in whatever you do! Oh, and when I was working I really struggled to get up in the morning. I didn't stay up as late as I do now, but it was tough for me to fall asleep before midnight, so I identify with your husband's dilemma.

Waves and hugs to our busy Watulans!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 03:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Haha forgot to list the workouts I've done in my MOL (more or less) Cathe August rotation!

Cardio Leg Blast (from Xtrain) and I subbed CL #407 Build it Burn It Bootcamp for the cardio day (yes, not really a one to one substitution, but it looked good and I wanted to try it and who's gonna stop me?? ). I also LOVED #407---not exactly sure why---it moved fast, was a good variety, just liked it!

Yesterday was a needed rest day since I didn't take the one in the rotation. As I said, it's a MOL Cathe rotation.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 09:34 AM  
horusosiris

Chel- we have season tickets to the Mets and Yankees so we automatically qualify. I wish I had some tips to give you. The Yankees re no falling apart!

Still no workouts for me! I am still trying to pack in NY , speak with contractors and unpack in MD. I hope to be able to come up for air soon.

Keep rocking the workouts!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 09:42 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict and Kittybug… Peloton doesn’t mirror so when they’re explaining a move or calling something out, I have to remember I’m opposite what they’re saying. Drives me insane. Cathe has spoiled me.

This morning I did 20 minutes of core and barre with light weights. 20 minutes of a yoga flow then 10 minutes of foam rolling and stretching focusing on the hamstrings. Loved it! I was going to add a recovery cycling class on afterwards but when I went to take Winston for his walk in between, I realized he vomited during the night Not sure if it’s something he ate or what. Fingers crossed he feels better today. He has a very sensitive stomach ever since he needed that emergent surgery when he was a puppy.

Kate… how are you feeling today.

Manleym… I’m sure the beginning of the school year has you quite busy. Hope it started off on a positive note.

Bee… when do your boys return to school? My daughter is in the countdown now. Saturday is official move-in day for the freshman.

Kim… are you in Florida these days? If so, enjoy!!

Horusosiris… did you decide to retire from teaching? I may have missed that post. I wasn’t sure with the move if you had different plans this year.

Nathalie… are you still on staycation? That’s my mom this week. We have been doing day trips here and there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 08-18-22, 09:45 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Chel- we have season tickets to the Mets and Yankees so we automatically qualify. I wish I had some tips to give you. The Yankees re no falling apart!

Still no workouts for me! I am still trying to pack in NY , speak with contractors and unpack in MD. I hope to be able to come up for air soon.

Keep rocking the workouts!
That’s awesome that you get first choice for the tickets. My husband mentioned that to me when I said I was going to see if you had any tips.

Just had to ask if you watched that Yankee game yesterday. They have been playing awful but what an exciting end with that grand slam!

Also we are big on the Little League World Series. Don’t know if any of you ladies watch? Pennsylvania plays this evening. We usually try to go every year to at least one day of games. Not sure if it will happen this year.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in