Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-20, 08:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The weather here is so cold and gloomy. I went out to put out the recycling and couldn't believe how nasty it was. Yuck.

Donna, thanks for the link to Lucy's advent workouts. I did the Winter Wonderland workout today and it was so cute! That was all I had time for because I've been swamped with work lately. December is usually slow so I don't know why it's busy this year. I've been feeling gloomy the past couple of days too, but I think it's the weather plus the COVID situation. Sorry to hear about the horse situation. This too shall pass!

Pam, Welcome back! I've never been brave enough to attempt a Cathe workout. Her stuff looks too intimidating!

Sherry, Neck pain is the worst. I know for me a lot of times it is caused by tensing up the muscles in the upper shoulder (traps, etc) and once I can get those to relax, it goes away. Glad to hear it's feeling better.
Old 12-03-20, 01:15 AM  
Leonana

Nothing today, but another Goodwill run. I found two Leslie's I will try out. Walk Slim 4 Miles and 30 Day Weight Loss (or something like that). I have the Walk Slim 5 Miles, so will see if I like these also.

My neck is still sore, but getting better. I also think it is partly to do with not sitting properly, since I'm hunched over my phone or computer. I noticed it would hurt worse while sitting on the couch. I put a pillow under my neck for extra support, and that has helped a lot.

Donna, I'm so sorry about the horse. Sending good thoughts your way that it all works out.

wishiwasinhawaii, I think you are right about tensing the shoulders. I noticed when I took the Tylenol that my neck felt a lot better the next morning. I think I might have been tensing my shoulders through the night, and taking a pain reliever relaxed them.

Pam, I think I'd probably stick to Cathe's WU and CD too, lol.
Old 12-03-20, 10:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got off to a late start today and then had to jump into a meeting for work. Ugh.

Yesterday I went out for a short walk and it definitely helped to get some perspective and sunshine. I even solved a work problem while walking! I plan to get out again today - even if it is chilly it is good to see some sunshine particularly with working from home and not getting out much at all.

On the horse front - well, it is what it is. What makes it difficult is my daughter is very attached to him, having been leasing him for 4 years. It would be a lot easier to walk away if he wasn't such an important part of her life. If we can't come to an agreement, she can continue to lease him the question is, if she goes away to college, she would not be able to do that since she wouldn't be around to ride him. He really is an emotional support animal for her as she has had a miserable time in H.S. and during the pandemic - but as I tell myself and tell her - we will all survive no matter what happens. But, I think for teens/young adults, they don't have that perspective that only comes with age.

Anyway....my workouts....

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 3 - 10 min Cardio workout and I added on a 10 min HIIT. Her stuff reminds me of Pahla B's to an extent - she moves a little more quickly and doesn't chat as much but there are some similarities in terms of the types of exercises she does.

Blessful Body - Hip Balancing Relief - this was a nice routine for strengthening and stretching the hips.

Thank you all for the horse thoughts, LOL!

Now, on to another meeting..my "new" new job is very interesting that way - very little quiet time....lots of meetings.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:00 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a stretch workout on Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays schedule so I did that but will probably do something else later, if I can find the time.

Donna, I've had a lot more meetings since COVID started. No idea why, but I think some people really crave interaction and since we're all home, they come up with dopey excuses to have meetings! Re: the horse situation, this is just my 2 cents as someone who knows nothing about horses, but maybe you should wait and see what your DD is doing for college before you buy. If she goes away, I don't see how owning the horse will be of any benefit if she's not around anyway.

Sherry, you sure have a lot of workouts available at the Goodwills near you! I haven't been to Goodwill lately, but I don't remember seeing too many when I've gone in the past.

Gotta run to yet another meeting...
Old 12-03-20, 01:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was Cathe's LITE PHA 2 (Timesaver #2 premix.) This is one of my favorite DVDs from this set. I love alternating LB and UB exercises. I also really like her Bodyweight and Bands DVD from the same series. Both so good! I might end up ditching Cardio Parties, but it's hard to break up a set when the DVDs don't have individual cases.

I have to go out today to return some library materials/books. Hoping I can convince DH to join me so we can grab tacos and eat by the waterfront, if it's not too cold outside!

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 01:08 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far has been:

Pahla B - 20 Min Weight Loss Low Impact Cardio - this was probably filmed just as Pahla was turning the corner and focusing more on moderate workouts. Just guessing by the date of the video and her chat throughout. it is funny how I miss seeing her after a few days! Lucy's workouts are somewhat similar, but her chattiness during the video is not as personal - if that makes sense. Both instructors can definitely be muted and you could add your own music or something else to listen to since they are pretty easy to follow.

Blessful Body - Pilates for Hard Days this was a restorative practice - a little Pilates, a little yoga....

Glad it is Friday!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sorry for not posting personals - it has been one of those days!!

Donna
Old 12-05-20, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Grace & Gusto - I was missing my Ellen workouts...

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday. The weather is clearing here, so that is good.

Donna
Old 12-05-20, 01:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was MetCon 5 from youtube. I don't think I had done that one before and it was tough, but I liked it!

Not much else is going on. The rain finally stopped but I have too much to do indoors.

Have a great day!
Old 12-05-20, 04:21 PM  
Leonana

Nothing on Wednesday and Thursday. I was busy both days, but I should have worked out. It helps relieve the soreness in my neck.

Yesterday was Justina Ercole's Functional Full Body at Home Workout. I liked it. It seemed more upper body focused, but I did feel it in my glutes and the front of my thighs. It gave me DOMS in my triceps and chest, and I felt it was an excellent workout for those areas. It was a slower moving heavy weights workout. She recommends 8-10, 12-15, 18-25, and she uses 10, 15 and 25. I used 6, 8 and 10's, lol. But I think I could do 8, 10 and 12's, once I get some 12's. More dumbbells to buy! I would do more of her workouts, but she doesn't have much on you tube, and promotes her live workouts. I'm not that interested in lives.

Today was Jessica's 21 Day Walk and Stretch workout. That really hit the spot, the neck moves relieved so much of the soreness in my neck. I also like that you walk the first 15 minutes, and warm up and loosen the muscles.

I went to Walmart on Friday. Boy was it busy. I think people in my area are handling pandemic fatigue by shopping, especially now that Christmas is coming. I think I might look into pickup again. Although, I guess I shouldn't talk since I was there too! I ordered all of dd's presents online, and dh and I are going to skip, since we redid the bathroom. He bought himself a lot of tools, and I'm going to get Jessica's new set. If it appears, lol.

Pam, I hope you got your tacos! My birthday is Monday, and I want fish tacos from my favorite hole in the wall place.

Donna, that's great you solved a work problem while walking. I need to get out and walk, the weather is nice. But it's more crowded on the canal path, so I want to time it when it's not as busy.

wishiwainhawaii, MetCon5 is tough! Now I want to do it again! I've been enjoying upping the intensity. It does give me some soreness and aches and pains, but I enjoy the relaxation I feel after a tough workout. Well, a tough for me workout, especially after modifying. My Goodwills have always had exercise dvd's, but the prices were around $3. Now they are $1.29 and I get 25% off on Tuesdays. I guess dvd's are not selling like they used to. However, most of the dvds are Jillian Michaels, Gaim and 10 MS. I don't find other stuff as often.
Old 12-06-20, 04:55 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's video workout was Ellen's Fusion Flow and then I did a long outdoor walk w/ my DD.

I may do some yoga later or something relaxing.....

I have fallen behind on LWR's Advent workouts, but may pick up some this week.

Faithful Workouts is also doing a free 12 days of Christmas w/ workouts (looks like her 10 min workouts), songs and prayers...so that may be a nice thing to look into, too.

wishiwasinhawaii - MetCon 5 is tough - I think it is one of Jessica's tougher workouts -- that one, and leg day, just kill me!!!

Sherry - I also feel good from pushing it sometimes. It does release a lot of stress.

Waves, Pam and Tracy!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong