Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-18, 04:31 PM  
Lilypad

Seriously???Unbelievable
Old 07-06-18, 04:36 PM  
sherry7899

If someone is not comfortable with a post, then please just do not read it. I do not see why the title of the thread should be changed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-06-18, 05:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Lilypad, please know that you are among friends here. ((hugs))

If anyone find this thread problematic, please just avoid it.
Old 07-06-18, 05:13 PM  
cpcathy

That's what I was thinking. A lot of us have been through this kind of thing (myself included). Have a heart, if someone needs a little help, we should be there. If you don't care for the subject matter, don't read the post.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
Old 07-06-18, 05:28 PM  
Luv2WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
That's what I was thinking. A lot of us have been through this kind of thing (myself included). Have a heart, if someone needs a little help, we should be there. If you don't care for the subject matter, don't read the post.
Agreed.
Old 07-06-18, 06:14 PM  
Sara1000

We will all face all kinds of challenges as we go through life. Many of us have been on this board for many years and feel a bond with our fellow VFers.

IMO we should feel comfortable asking for help and support here.

If a topic is upsetting to others on the board surely they can find a way to avoid it, or depart from it quickly. Have a heart, folks.

Lilypad, you ARE among friends here. I am SO hoping this turns out well.
Old 07-06-18, 06:21 PM  
margaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
We will all face all kinds of challenges as we go through life. Many of us have been on this board for many years and feel a bond with our fellow VFers.

IMO we should feel comfortable asking for help and support here.

If a topic is upsetting to others on the board surely they can find a way to avoid it, or depart from it quickly. Have a heart, folks.

Lilypad, you ARE among friends here. I am SO hoping this turns out well.
So sorry Lilypad for what you are going through but happy to see such support here. Sending hugs and best wishes.
Old 07-06-18, 07:25 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If someone is not comfortable with a post, then please just do not read it. I do not see why the title of the thread should be changed.
+1

I have read many posts of the years here that have been quite personal. ( marital, children, mental health issues) If you are not in a place to help then move on to another topic. No one is forcing anyone to read this thread. Lilypad my hear goes out to you. This is a safe place. You will get a lot of feedback from women who have been in your position and can offer a shoulder to cry on or solid advise. I thought this community was about wellbeing and fitness.....I feel that they both go hand and hand.
Old 07-06-18, 07:52 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaplyn61 View Post
+1

i have read many posts of the years here that have been quite personal. ( marital, children, mental health issues) if you are not in a place to help then move on to another topic. No one is forcing anyone to read this thread. Lilypad my hear goes out to you. This is a safe place. You will get a lot of feedback from women who have been in your position and can offer a shoulder to cry on or solid advise. I thought this community was about wellbeing and fitness.....i feel that they both go hand and hand.
+9

I prefer to be kind but I that doesn't mean catering to the unreasonable all the time, especially at the cost of people in true need.
Lilypad---I sincerely hope your family finds peace.
Old 07-06-18, 08:10 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

How is it considered an attack to ask for a descriptive thread title so that we would know what we are getting into for clicking on a thread? If I would have known I would have either avoided the thread or braced myself so as not to get drowned and washed out by someone's problems. The thread title says nothing about the content.

I don't know why asking for such a small thing is considered an attack. Orr why respecting this as a really simple easy to achieve boundry would be so offensive. But now i know what is in this thread and I know better than to expect to be respected by fellow VFers. None of you know what I am going through right now, and it doesnt seem like you care even enough to expect a thread title modified.

Thank you. Good bye.
Closed Thread

Tags
off topic, sensitive topic