Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-20, 08:26 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - She Who Laughs Last Didn't Get It. November 15

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diver

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 08:32 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Going back to The List for this week's theme. It has come in handy.

It looks like another sunny morning. They say that clouds and rain are coming along with temps into the 70s.

Today I have nothing on the calendar. I'll cook and wash laundry most likely. I may go over to Mom and Dad's this afternoon. Another lazy-ish day sounds good.

Paula - My tutoring has grown recently, but it's mainly due to one person with whom I've been meeting every day 1-2 times a day. He has a deadline of the week after Thanksgiving to learn how to use Word and Excel. So once I get him to that point, things should die down soon. And that's fine because I'm tired. I know he has to be because he's the one actually learning and doing homework between many of those sessions.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-15-20, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura!

We're having winds, winds, winds - temps are just above freezing, but with the winds feels like it's in the teens. I'll be getting together with some friends to give Gus his walk - trying to decide a more wind-sheltered path to take Gus. Cloudy also so far.

Laura, glad you're able to accommodate your student's schedule and help him out with his goals. I'm trying to imagine your Christmas cards from the Kleenex boxes - are they already printed with something good? Or are you using some of the box thin cardboard to provide support for stuff you're gluing onto the card? I've found doing laundry in the evening works better than in the morning as I can sit in my PJs and watch TV while the laundry gets done without waiting on clean clothing being ready in the morning before I take Gus out.

Paula, your day sounds a lot like my day . I haven't tried playing with strangers yet, but my friend learning the game did and had a participant from Latvia join her - I think that would be kind of interesting to talk Latvian to him during the game. I think it's just a bunch of enthusiastic players, nothing bad.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 03:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - I glue paper to the Kleenex (Puffs in this case) boxes. I posted a picture in an album in my profile. They are upside down (even though I turned the picture upright before I saved it ) but you can get the idea. I glue paper to the outside and inside and find something to go in the circle. In this case, the paper I was using had vintage pictures of random people and I used those. Your wind is headed our way. I hope it all dies down soon!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-16-20, 09:16 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around. I'm going through a file cabinet and decluttering files that no longer need to be held. I might make a run to the grocery store also either today or tomorrow.

Laura, Weird about the upside-downess of your photo . Nice to use the hole as a frame for your photos. Our winds have died down now, so hopefully it won't bring the temps down too badly when walking out there.

Anita
Old 11-16-20, 06:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I needed a day with a big chunk of time for me to run errands. This morning, I took a book back to the library. This afternoon, I went to the chiropractor, Whole Foods, and Publix. I have a tutoring session in about 20 minutes. Tomorrow, I'll get back to tutoring sessions during the day each day.

Anita - Hopefully, your paper decluttering went well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-16-20, 09:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Yoga Day 16 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

My baby brother just turned 66 - gosh we've gotten old!

I spent the day working on tax problems. Back in Oct 2019 we bought the boat and paid what we thought was the correct Use Tax (same as sales tax). We received a Demand for Immediate Payment from the state saying we underpaid and needed to pay the difference and interest and penalties. So spent about four hours trying to sort that out. I ended up sending more money and completing a form asking for a penalty waiver 'cuz gosh we paid what we thought was right and if we made a mistake shouldn't they have told us before they assessed a penalty? So we'll see what happens.

Anita, good luck with your paper decluttering. I did that back in January and it feels good getting rid of some of that stuff doesn't it? Hope you and Gus got a nice walk before it got windy and cold.

Laura, always nice to have a day to get errands done, isn't it?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 08:55 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, putzing around and doing more work with those file cabinets.

Laura, sounds like you checked off a lot of those little errands. Have fun tutoring!

Paula, I feel like an ovum at 59 compared to your brother being considered a baby at 66! Oy, I'd have no idea about your boat taxes!

Anita
Old 11-17-20, 08:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 11 - Moderate Weights followed by Yoga with Kassandra Day 17.

We took the boat out today - beautiful day on the water.

Anita, guess it's just you and me tonight. Glad you were able to get out with Gus. I have a collage of family pictures in the back bedroom where I work out and I look at them as I am trying to balance or whatever to help me focus. There's this one picture of the four of us kids. My older sister and I are holding the hands of the twins who are maybe a year old, in matching outfits and looking terminally cute. One of those twins has passed on the other just turned 66. Lots of water under that bridge.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 09:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's Latvia's birthday today! 102 years old today! I've been tracking that date for all my life. Unfortunately due to Covid, celebrations aren't happening this year other than recorded videos... Years ago I had hoped to get to Latvia to celebrate, and still hope to do so - weird that Covid is stopping all travel.

My plans for the day include walking Gus and doing more putzing around with my file folders. The hardest one I have is a folder full of career papers - graduation diplomas, letters on accomplishments through work, etc. Frankly I don't need that stuff any more, but am trying to cut down a bit. Is it safe to trash them all? Or does one keep them for my future death notice or something like that? I did ask in the declutter group here also and didn't get any response yet.

Paula, My family photos are framed in my office area at home - it's the only place in the house like that showing pictures. I'm looking to add a picture of Gus to this collection - just trying to find a good frame that works. I have a doggie frame, but the photo needs to be a weird size... I'm sorry for your loss of a sister twin.

Anita