Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-20, 08:07 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was a Leslie Mile form one of her 5 Mile dvds and IDTV Yoga For Beginners Day 5 Sun Salutations Bs.

Terri - great job getting on your treadmill 4 times!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 02:11 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cher, I think I actually did 5 miles with Leslie once or twice back when I used to be serious about exercise. Now, I love her, but in smaller amounts.

Pam, walking to the PO is great! Our weather is great today, too.

Yesterday I did Jessica Smith 1 Mile Walk & Talk for a new year, several treadmill walks of 20+ minutes, and after dinner Leslie Walk 15, which took me 22 minutes, somehow.

All I've done today is the treadmill, but 30 and 40 minutes. I do enjoy the YT walks, because you use upper body, and like they say, you use inner & outer thigh muscles, and hamstrings, too. They seem more like "exercise" and my treadmill times like just movement. It's all good.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 05:41 PM  
Cher

Workout this morning was IDTV Day 6 Yoga for Beginners Balance workout and about a 30 minute walk in the afternoon.

Terri - I’ve done all 5 miles of a couple Leslie’s maybe a couple times in the past too but not too often and not anymore! . This might be a numb question but, what are YT walks?
Old 09-27-20, 02:11 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cher, sorry - YT is my abbreviation for YouTube. I find almost everything I do on there now. Leslie or her team, Jenny Ford, Gina B, Jessica Smith, and sometimes just music videos.

I only got on the treadmill twice yesterday, but did do part of a Leslie after dinner.

Today I've worked in the yard some, and done a bunch of treadmill reading walks. I got up way too early today, so I have had time to exercise, but I've also been eating more than normal. It seems to happen most times I don't sleep enough, I'm hungrier than usual.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 03:02 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

DH and I took advantage of a beautiful evening for a 1.3 mile walk yesterday.

Today was Tom Hollnd Total Body Workout.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 03:45 PM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was the first 38 minutes of Step Sync and the cool-down with a few added stretches and today’s workout was IDTV Day 1 of Flexibility and Beyond.

Terri - After I got off VF, I kind of thought you might’ve meant YouTube.
Old 09-30-20, 06:07 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Prevention 321.
Old 09-30-20, 09:58 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Richard Simmons Disco Sweat! I've never done his workouts before. He's a trip and loves people and is fun, but he can't cue to save his life. But the weight loss success stories were inspirational at the end of the video, some people losing over a hundred pounds.

While Richard wasn't my cup of tea, I can see why his workouts are so popular with people who have a lot of weight to lose.

What's great about this workout is the music and setting. He actually goes to a Brooklyn club and has the disco ball and even a John Travolta DJ look-a-like. That was the best part, ha ha.

Anyway, the workout barely got my heartrate up, but was okay for a very light day for some fun entertainment.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 06:19 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was IDTV Flexibility and Beyond Hips. My hip felt so good after this one!

We are getting my SIL’s puppy today and she’s staying until tomorrow. First time she is staying over night. I’m not to thrilled about the overnight part. We’ll see how it goes.

Pam - I remember doing Richard Simmons workouts years ago (like 30+ years ago). I liked him then.......probably because that was all I had. I tried doing one of his workouts again about 5 years ago and his cueing just drove me crazy and didn’t get my HR up either so ended up giving it away.
Old 10-01-20, 09:21 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Greetings!

I got in a good workout yesterday with Kathy Smith's Great Buns and Thighs, plus added PT exercises for my shoulder. I like this workout to strengthen my legs for the activities I like to do.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile