Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-23-20, 05:57 PM  
Leonana

Today was Fusion Sculpt from WS1 rotation. I really enjoy that workout. I used four pounds and it was a good workout.

One positive about the pandemic is that I've been pushing myself to workout more because of stress. I am getting stronger and my endurance is also increasing. So that's good to know.

Donna, Pahla certainly has a warm, relatable personality. I appreciate all of her information on growing older.

wishiwasinhawaii, oh how I wish that would work for me! I have problems at home too. The only thing that works is ten minutes of meditation and deep breathing. The doctor's office accepts my lower numbers because of my echocardiogram, which showed no signs of sustained high bp. But my lower numbers at home do give me the self confidence to be more assertive about my treatment and what I want to do.

Waves to Tracy!
Old 10-24-20, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - Zombie Step - my DD may be going to another horse show next weekend, which is Halloween, so I decided to get Zombie step in today, just in case I can't get to it on Halloween, LOL!

CS 1024 - this was all floor work.

I decided to get consistent w/ CS again. It makes a difference for me, yet, for some reason, it is hard to stick to. Since we are going to change the clocks next weekend, it is going to start getting dark earlier in the evening, so I was thinking of going for my walk mid-day and doing some CS in the evenings after work. That may help w/ being consistent.

Yesterday afternoon I did get out w/ my Golden.

Sherry - I find that I enjoy pushing myself a bit, too, today I felt great after Zombie step, it was longer and harder than my usual workouts. Now, I don't want to do it every day, but a few times a week...

wishiwasinhawaii - I have bad reactions to many vaccines, so when my Dr. brought up Shingrix, I declined, but I may consider it at some point. This year's flu shot went ok for me - I took ibuprofen before and after and that kept my usual side effects at bay. I have to take my DD in to get hers this morning. She and my DH don't react much to it at all. For my glasses/contacts I just correct for distance. If I'm wearing my contacts, I just use reading glasses - the ones you get in the drugstore. For my glasses, I just fiddle with them until I can see up close. Agreed about the glasses fogging up w/ the mask!!!

Waves, Tracy - I hope the weekend is calm for you!

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 09:56 AM  
TracyQ

Hi Ladies—things have quieted down a bit with my aunt. My cousin took her to her house for the day today. We got her some services a visiting nurse, PT and Meals on Wheels. My cousins have agreed to help us with her care. Eventually she may have to go into some kind of nursing facility but we all agree we want to try to keep her home until after COVID at least (fingers crossed longer).

I finally have some workouts to report. Yesterday I did a 40-minute YouTube Pilates workout. It’s by Move with Nicole. I love her workouts. Here’s a link if anyone may be interested. https://youtu.be/0zjiVQ950EE

Today was a Peleton day. I did a 15-minute challenging core workout and a 45-minute cycling. I finished with Jessica’s WS3 15-minute Full Body Stretch.

Donna—I am retiring after almost 33-years at my job. My last day is Nov. 3rd. My short term plan is to take a couple months off and then start looking for something part-time. I’m a worrier and am concerned that we will run out of money. My husband thinks I’m nuts because he says we will have enough as long as we don’t live extravagantly (which we won’t). But I worry about inflation and the cost of living and especially the high cost of health insurance. I always seem to find something to worry about.

Waves to everyone. I have to run out and do some errands before it gets to crazy out there on a Saturday. I hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 01:34 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Total Body Training, the 15 minute version from WS3, followed by 1 Mile of Motivation also from WS3. I didn't want to do too much since I had the Shingrix shot yesterday and don't know how I'll react, but I've been feeling normal so far, other than a sore arm, lol.

Donna, Unlike most people, I'm farsighted so I need to correct more for up close than distance. The prescription I have now is fuzzy in the distance and it really messes me up, so the optometrist did another exam and gave me a new prescription. Now if I could find a way to get back there to pick them up, that would be great. I was supposed to dog sit today, but that has been cancelled so it kind of messed up my plans. I'm going to try to go tomorrow morning when they open.

Tracy, Glad to hear your family came up with a care plan for your aunt. I'm sure that helps with the stress. Congrats on retirement! I'd love to retire, but I'm 54 and I've been at the same boring, but low stress job for 15 years, so I think I'll just stick with it as long as I can. Health insurance is really the biggest obstacle to retirement, for me. I don't want to work until retirement age though so I'm trying to figure something out.

Sherry, It's great you've been working out more and getting stronger! When I was at the doctor yesterday, my bp was normal and the nurse remarked how it's normally high when I'm there, so I told her I've been working on getting over my white coat syndrome. She laughed, lol.
Old 10-24-20, 04:02 PM  
Leonana

Today I rode my bike for a couple of miles on the canal path. It's nice day today, nice weather for it. Then I did some yard work pulling weeds and grass out of the front yard.

Donna, I feel so much better when I do yoga, but I can't be consistent either. That's great that you felt good after the Zombie step.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's awesome you are overcoming the white coat syndrome. I was doing some googling, and I think mine is really a phobia, because I have it at home too.

Tracy, I'm glad your family is pitching in to help with your aunt and you have some services. Congratulations on your retirement!
Old 10-25-20, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Simple, Essential Strength Training for Women Over 50
CS 1025

Nothing really remarkable about either workout - Pahla's was all strength, no cardio and CS was all barre work. Season 10 did all standing, all barre, or all floor for each episode rather than mixing it up.

Yesterday DD and i walked outdoors.

Today we're scheduled to volunteer at the horse rescue - it is going to be chilly and rainy though.

wishiwasinhawaii -glad no reaction to the Shingles Vax! I can buy health insurance at a reduced rate when I retire from my employer, but it is still a lot of money if you are not earning an income. But, I don't want to wait until I'm 65 and eligible for medicare to retire. I'm hoping that by 60 I can retire. Or maybe 62....I dunno. It isn't so bad w/ working from home, so that may make it more palatable to go longer.

Sherry - I know, I can't understand why I am not more consistent w/ CS. I don't dislike it - but I have a hard time doing it even though I know it is good for me - I can tell almost immediately that it has helped. And, it makes all my other workouts better...so why do I struggle to do it???

Tracy - glad things have settled down.

Waves, Pam!

Donna
Old 10-25-20, 08:52 PM  
Leonana

I had some soreness last night from my bike ride, and did some stretching and massaging before bed. The massage bar has been a lifesaver for my right glute and the PF in my right foot. I guess a tight piriformis can really affect the muscles of the legs and feet. This evening, I did Jessica’s Yoga for Stress Relief from the Yoga Fusion Fix dvd. Then I did some Dr. Joe stretches from you tube, Relaxing Stretches, 10 Best Neck Pain Relief Stretches, and Stress and Anxiety Relief with Breathing Exercises.

I found a kettlebell dvd at Goodwill that I am going to try. It's called kettlenetics by Michelle Khai. Four dvds and they look brand new. It says a 5 pound kettlebell is required, and I don't have a kettlebell. I did see a 5 pound one a few weeks ago at Goodwill, but passed on it because I thought I should get a heavier one. Now I'm regretting it! But I can use a dumbbell. The description says it is unique, dance inspired exercise program with flowing moves. Sounds interesting.

Donna, I hope the horse rescue wasn't too cold for you. Our temps have finally gone down to normal for October, the mid-80's. But tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be in the 60's, which is really unusual for October. But nothing has been usual about the weather this year! Fortunately, it will warm up by the end of the week. Halloween usually has a high in the low 80's.
Old 10-25-20, 09:51 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Cardio Core Flow from youtube. The schedule had a flow workout from a DVD I don't have, so I found the closest substitute on youtube. I also raked the leaves and fixed a gutter. I wanted to get that done before the rain started.

Donna, It's great you get the reduced health insurance. Before COVID, I was trying to find ways to semi-retire next year when I'm 55, but like you said, working from home makes staying more palatable, so if I can continue to stay home even after whenever COVID ends, I'd stick around a lot longer. My boss is so busy with her kids that she doesn't have time to be her usual micromanaging self, so that's been one silver lining to the pandemic for me, lol

Sherry, That kettlebell DVD you found sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it.
Old 10-26-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the spur of the moment this morning, I decided to try Lucy Wyndham Read's challenge for this week - she made a schedule with several workouts spread throughout the day for those who are back in lockdown. I have wanted to try doing something like this - so I figured, I'd give it a go for this week (or however long it lasts, LOL!)

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

So, i started the day off with:

Walk & Ab Toner Workout - this was fine and approx "1 mile" indoor walk w/ a bit of toning thrown int.

CS 1026 - all standing

Around lunch I will do the calorie burning workout and after work I will do the love handle workout. The weather is gloomy today so probably no walk.

Yesterday in addition to my morning workout I did an outdoor walk in the gloom and Adriene's Yoga for When You are Dead Inside -she has a bunch of Halloween themed practices scheduled for this week.

We did not end up going to the horse rescue, I got a cryptic message about the exec director having to cancel an event b/c people in her social circle had tested positive for COVID - she said everyone at the farm was well - but I felt it was too risky - and for the most part the volunteers and workers there do NOT wear masks, granted, most of the work is outdoors - but you are still not socially distanced when - and we all have to pile into an ATV to ride around the property - so DD & I decided to reschedule our session for another time. I feel that I have been cautious too long to slip up now....

wishiwasinhawai - that is good that your boss is busy w/ her family!!

Sherry - It is amazing how tightness in one area impacts so many other areas.

waves, Pam and Tracy.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-26-20, 12:21 PM  
Leonana

Today was a Jessica You Tube workout, Knee Friendly Barre. I knew it was upper body focused, but boy my arms were burning! I had to skip the last set of tricep dips.

It's very cool today, cloudy with wind. I hope we get rain, but nothing so far. Forecast says 0% precipitation and 12% humidity. We really need some rain. I will actually have to wear a jacket today, it's chilly with the wind blowing, and 61 degrees.

wishiwasinhawaii, I meant to do the kettlebell dvd, then promptly forgot, lol. I will try it on Wednesday.

Donna, being safe sounds wise. I worry about my friends, who have decided to open an ice cream shop. She's a smoker and he has health problems. But they think they will be fine with masks and limiting indoor dining. But it seems risky to me to expose yourself to the public, if you aren't healthy.

Tags
jessica smith get strong