Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-10-20, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program Day 2 - Upper Body. This was a very straightforward upper body workout. 10 exercises done circuit style - repeat the circuit once. no cardio. She used the same warm-up and cool down as in the first video and, like the first video, the second round of the circuit was just the same footage as the first. Can't complain - the workout is free. And, it was low dread and I got my upper body training in. So far, so good.

I also did Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Days 1 and 2. I really do like Kassandra's yoga. She doesn't talk too much and feels relaxing.

Sherry- I think everyone is different re: weight gain and workout intensity. I think you just have to find what works for you. I feel that overall I have been babying myself for one reason or another - and while I don't necessarily want to do super advanced workouts, I feel like challenging myself from time to time is a good thing. So, I'm going to up the intensity here and there. Not going crazy and certainly mixing harder days w/ easier ones....

Nice work, Pam!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 12:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Tone and Flow from WS3 and I also went for a walk. I might go for another walk later after I finish laundry. I didn't do any workouts yesterday because I took the day off and met up with a friend I hadn't seen since March! It was her birthday so we went out to lunch, went to a pumpkin farm and did some shopping. It was great to get out, see a friend and do something normal for the first time in months. We wore masks the whole time, but we've both been very careful so I'm not sure we even needed to, but best to be safe.

I agree with Donna about weight gain and intensity. I've noticed when I do intense exercise on a regular basis, it ramps up my appetite and I start gaining weight and end up looking and feeling crummy. So I really have to mix it up which is why I stick with Jessica. Her combinations seem to work for me and keep my appetite in check.

Back to the laundry...
Old 10-10-20, 03:34 PM  
Leonana

Today was a two mile bike ride. The weather is nice in the mornings, so I can get out again. I also did some house cleaning and laundry.

Donna, I definitely agree, I don't want to go crazy. I'm not sure my body is up for it anyway!

wishiwasinhawaii, Jessica works well for me too, her workouts are pushing it for me, but not too much.
Old 10-11-20, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program - Day 3 - step cardio. This one has the same warm-up and cool down as the others (I suspect they all do!) and this one also is done circuit style where the second round of the circuit is the same footage as the first. It was all basic step moves done for one minute and then switch to another movement pattern - it wasn't a choreographed step class. But, this no frills thing is working for me right now. Tomorrow is Lower Body, assuming I don't lose momentum.

I am glad I overcame my fear of Angie and tried some of her workouts. She has quite a variety on her channel.

I also did:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Day 3 and Yoga Stretch.

I'm enjoying Kassandra, too!

I think Jessica's rotations offer a great balance of easy-hard days!

Sherry - your bike ride sounds nice.

wishiwasinhawaii - sounds like you had a nice day out -

waves, Pam!

Donna
Old 10-11-20, 02:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Saturday we went hiking, so that was my activity for that day! Sunday, I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes, and will add some yoga before bedtime tonight!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it for a new week!

Today was:

Blessful Body (Ky Autumn) Fall into Balance Challenge Day # 1 - I have subscribed to her site on and off and I do enjoy her workouts - they are not very difficult but are definitely 'feel good' - she does a free challenge a few times a year and then opens up her membership - I will probably subscribe for a month or two after this challenge since I do enjoy her stuff. Her membership fee is $18/month which to me is a bit high - but a month or two here and there is ok.

Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Day 4 - Lower Body - this was all floorwork -thankfully! Yesterday DD and i volunteered at the horse rescue in the afternoon and I mucked stalls and handled big draft horses....so I was not up for a ton of squats and lunges this morning. So, I was glad to see floorwork on the agenda. This was set up as the others - circuit style, repeat footage, etc. Angie's cat made an appearance so that was nice to see.

It is raining now, but if it clears up later, hopefully I can get out to walk!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 10-12-20, 08:01 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was riding my stationary bike for 35 minutes in the evening while I watched tv.

Today I tried Fitness with Cindy from You Tube. I guess I found her on GD, or maybe a search I did for over 50 workouts, I can't remember. She specializes in senior workouts, and she moves slower. The workouts seem effective, but too short, so I did two: 18 minute Split Training Exercises for the Upper and Lower Body, and 10 minute Medicine Ball Workout. I followed that with Jessica's 16 minute Total Body Standing Strength Circuit, and her 8 Minute Stretch. The workouts made me feel better and relaxed me.

Pam, hiking sounds nice, I want to start doing that. I'll have to go by myself though, dh has a very active job and is too tired on the weekends. I think it will still be fun, I'm sure there will be lots of people around.

Donna, mucking stalls and handling big horses sounds like a good workout. I am envying your rain!
Old 10-12-20, 10:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Got a late start this morning so only had about 30 minutes on the treadmill before I needed to get on with my day. ;-) Tomorrow I'm planning on some more yoga with Rodney or Dean.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's nice that you were able to get together with a long lost friend. DH bought some board games from someone he's gamed with before and we met up on Saturday to pick up the games. While they don't know each other that well, we stood around in the parking lot for over an hour just chatting and it was nice that they have a lot of common interests. I think everyone is feeling the loss of friends and family during this time so it was a nice exchange/conversation.

Sherry, hiking with DH is not as nice as it could be. He walks super fast and we are there to seek out a certain point of interest (rock, location, marker, etc.) It might be something with a historical significance and he's just there to snap a picture and move on, not to get lost in the woods and soak up the atmosphere. When I'm by myself it's a different experience, not that I don't enjoy the company of my DH.

Donna, I caught Faithful Workouts on DirecTV today. I wish I could remember the channel it was on, but one of the religious ones. She was doing strength training with tubing (tricep exercises.) I didn't follow along but it looked pretty good. I didn't realize it was on the telly, LOL!

Hope everyone had a good Columbus Day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, was a stretch day on Angie's 30 day challenge, but instead of that I did:

Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 2 - Booty Blast Barre Fusion - this wasn't quite barre - there was only a brief standing period. It was mainly floorwork focusing on the back of the body.

Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Arm Workout w/ Weights - this was a nice quick routine

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Scoliosis - this is a new scoliosis routine on her You Tube channel. She now has three short routines on You Tube and one longer routine on her paid site. I really should make it a point of doing them every week - they are really good for mobilizing the spine.

Yesterday I did walk the doggie - a short one as it was drizzly and damp. Hopefully today will be better!

Tomorrow I may go back to Angie, unless this little distraction has veered me off course...LOL!

Pam - it sounds like your DH is a Type A hiker! LOL!

Sherry - good for you for using your bike. I really need to use mine more, it would be a way for me to up my cardio intensity w/out impact. Cindy sounds interesting. I have watched the Fabulous 50s lady and some of her walking workouts look interesting - at least the music sounds good!

wishiwasinhawaii - waves!!! Hope the weather clears in NJ!

Donna
Old 10-14-20, 08:26 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Upper Body Strength from WS1. It was tough! The optional workout for today is Lower Body from WS1 so I might do that later. Have to start work soon so I don't have time now. I also want to go for a walk, but I have so many meetings today that it will have to be much later.

I'll be back later with more...

Tags
jessica smith get strong