Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-07-20, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden again. It is nice to be getting outside regularly again -

Today, so far has been:

Jessica Smith - HIIT For Beginners Walking Intervals
Fruit of the Spirit - Unshaken Yoga/Faithful Workouts - Week 1, Beginner Yoga, "Love"

The yoga was a pretty standard flow, but it was nice to listen to Denika's thoughts and comments on the theme of love.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to doing the FOTS program, but I'll see how it goes.

Pam -are your libraries open? I believe ours are only open for pick up of materials that are on hold. I have mainly used the library to borrow electronic books, but I still used to go in and browse from time to time. I wonder when our libraries will open??? Or when anything will get back to normal!

wishiwasinhawaii - I think being a massage therapist or taking the training would be really interesting.

Sherry - I think I have that yoga practice, it is an old one, but I recall enjoying it - nice beach scenery. Good job on your morning workout!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 10:00 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today's workout was from a DVD I don't have, so I found an old Jessica youtube workout: Standing Abs - Burn Fat & Sculpt Your Abs in Less Than 15 Minutes! Full 13-Minute Workout. I really liked this one and don't think I'd ever done it before. It's from 2012. It was short, so I also added a walking workout that was 15 minutes long. I will probably go for a walk during lunch.

Donna, I think taking massage training would be fascinating. I have no desire to be a massage therapist (as a job), but just for my own knowledge would be great. There is a massage school right near me but it's around $8,000. They used to have another class that did not lead to certification and was cheaper, but they don't seem to have that anymore.

Pam, Have fun on your walk! The library here is open. A book I put on hold has come in, so I'll have to go there maybe tomorrow.

Sherry, I always see Jillian and Leslie DVDs at discount places. Not sure why. Maybe it's because they both have so many.
Old 10-07-20, 12:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello Ladies,

I did more with Dean today from BodybyYoga Yoga Fix (Day 4), which had a back and shoulder focus, along with some standing poses. Then began with Rodney's Yoga for Your Week (Standing Poses.) Each yoga session only twenty minutes, so a good overall stretch for total body.

Planning to get a short walk in this afternoon, but looks like rain is in the forecast soon!

Have a good day everyone!

Yep, library is open with regular hours now. This Summer they had shorter hours for pick up only.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 03:31 PM  
Leonana

Today was 21 Day LI Hiit. My favorite HIIT workout, it gets my heart rate up.

Donna, our library in Tempe is partially open. I found this from the website:

Social distancing, wearing face masks required, and short visits are encouraged in accordance with CDC guidelines. Library services available: The Library is open for HOLD pick ups only with the Library’s open lobby and touchless checkout.
Customers are able to return items and pick up their holds from the lobby Mon-Fri 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Old 10-08-20, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got my walk in w/ DD and doggie. So far, so good on the daily walking!

Today, so far, has been:

Faithful Workouts/Fruit of the Spirit - Cardio/Sculpt Beginner workout - "Love" - I enjoyed this one - it was an endurance workout w/ light weights/high reps and it felt somehow more "organized" than some of Michelle's other workouts where sometimes i feel like she tries to do too much in too little time. But this one seemed well thought out. I don't know if it is available on her premium site or if this is just available to those who purchased the FOTS program.

I am still not sure if I'm going to follow this program all the way through, taking it one step at a time.

I also did:

Trifecta Pilates - Short Classic Flow
Jessica Valent Pilates - Routine for Neck Pain

I'm in a workout slump - nothing really appeals to me - I want something different, but i"m not sure what that is - I was looking at various Gilad rotations, but nothing is really speaking to me these days.

Sherry - that is a good one!!

Pam - that sounds like an interesting yoga practice.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-08-20, 12:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Today I did Day 5 of Yoga Fix with Dean Pohl of BodyByYoga. Also, added the Twists segment of AM Yoga For Your Week (AMYFYW) with Rodney.

Will walk at some point today. We're supposed to get high winds this evening, so hoping I can get out after lunch! Otherwise, I'll do a short video of Jessica's or Leslie's.

Have a good one!

Current Rotation:
Old 10-08-20, 11:25 PM  
Leonana

Today was filing, then yoga this evening. I did the Stability and Abs 20 minute workout from Yoga Fusion Fix. I really enjoyed it. Nice stretching with some balance and ab moves that didn’t bother my lower back. Although, perhaps using the massage bar every night is helping with ab moves too.
Old 10-09-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I decided to try someone new today - Angie Fitness TV on You Tube. I have seen her before but her workouts always intimidated me for some reason - they look hard! But, I found an "over 40" program she did in April - so I decided to try the first workout which was low impact cardio. It wasn't bad or scary. I suspect is is easier than many things on her site, but that is ok. It was 30 minutes of low impact basic aerobics. After a warm-up you do one circuit of exercises, each for approx 1 minute, you then repeat that circuit (Angie doesn't do the second round live with you - it is repeated footage from the first round) and then there is a cool down. She offers options for adjusting the intensity throughout. At the end of it, I felt like it was a decent workout. For the second round, I followed her advice to increase intensity by holding light weights (1-3 lbs - I used 1 lb). So overall it was a good choice. I may give Day 2 a go tomorrow (upper body). I do feel that I baby myself too much sometimes and, let's face it, if I keep doing that I won't get stronger. The trick is figuring out what is enough, but not too much.

I finished up with yoga- Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga

I am taking the afternoon off today - yay - and I'm down to two weeks before I switch jobs again.

Oh, yesterday DD and I walked our Golden, too.

Sherry - glad you got your yoga in!

Pam - did you get to walk?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-09-20, 03:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was another day with Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week (backbends.) Also added Jessica's Gentle Yoga Stretch (Flexibility and Relaxation.) Both wonderful, though Rodney's Backbends are a little more strenuous, but not hard. Interesting to note...Jessica has two workouts with this same title. Both very good but the other titled workouts are only twenty minutes in length and target specific parts of the bod!

Have a beautiful Fall day!

Current Rotation:
Old 10-09-20, 05:32 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's you tube Ballet Body Barre workout. This is a good one for the triceps and arm work. I used four pounds, but had to modify at the end, and keep my arms down during the leg work!

I've been reading the thread in GD about overdoing it and causing weight gain. But I've discovered I have to push myself to some extent. I sleep better and it relieves stress, and I'm more toned. The weight loss is always about the eating, per usual. Although, I think I do better with that when my stress level is lower. I've been pushing myself more the past couple of weeks, and I do feel stronger and I have more energy.

Donna, I think that Gaiam yoga dvd was the one on the beach. I'm going to give it back to Goodwill. It won't let me fast forward through the Gaiam introduction, and it annoys me too much to sit through it each time.

Pam, I love Jessica's yoga workouts, they always hit the spot for me. But I can't keep the names straight! OTH, it's probably hard to come up with different names for yoga, lol.

Tags
jessica smith get strong