Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-03-20, 02:25 PM  
Leonana

Today is house cleaning. I did some neck stretching from Dr. Jo's new video. It worked really well, my neck feels looser and less tight. And I feel less stressed, I think I carry stress in my neck. And of course, I plan on doing some stretching later, but you know how that goes, lol.

Donna, I feel like we are in the Twilight Zone. I keep expecting Rod Serling to show up! Humor has been my biggest coping mechanism.

Pam, I need to check out Paul Katami, basics sounds good.
Old 10-04-20, 02:11 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1302 (just the standing portion)
Trifecta Pilates - Yoga Pilates Fusion

I will take a walk or something later today, it s just too nice out not to!

There are things I should be doing around the house, but don't want to! LOL!

Sherry - I know this year has just been too much!

waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii

I'm not sure what I'm doing this week or tomorrow, LOL! I think just bouncing around seems inevitable to me. I am a bit inspired to do some of Pahla's workouts this week, I watched her live Q&A and she inspired me...but you never know what I will feel like doing tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 03:55 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did some house cleaning, and rode my bike in the evening for about a half hour. My husband brought home a dozen and a half Krispy Kreme donuts and I had two! I thought I needed to ride off a few of the calories, lol. I put some in the freezer. I hope my husband and daughter eat them all.

Today was WS 1 Fusion Sculpt. I really enjoy that one, and love the Tai Chi at the end. Jessica doesn't seem to repeat many of the moves in this one, it seems really varied. There is also no floor work, so yay for that.

Donna, there's a lot around the house I don't want to do, lol.
Old 10-05-20, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on Pahla's 20 Min Total Body Toning for Beginners - it was unweighted and good for beginners, I also walked my doggie.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen's Slim Sculpt

I was going to do a Pahla B workout this morning, but I like Ellen's mix of workouts for this week....Slim Sculpt is sneaky, too, lots of reps w/ those light weights.

I may take a walk at lunch today - it is nice out and we have to take advantage of it when we can...I'm dreading the winter months with COVID, at least during the spring/summer we have been able to get outside.

Sherry- those would be hard to resist - can you freeze them???

Waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 10-05-20, 10:40 PM  
Leonana

Today was one of Jessica's Yoga workouts, Gentle Yoga, the first session for relaxing and flexibility. I also did some foam rolling type of massage with a massage bar.

My right glute bothered me last night. Maybe the fusion workout from yesterday aggravated it, or the combination with the exercise bike. I read that a tight piriformis can squeeze the sciatica nerve, so perhaps that's my problem. My piriformis was really tight and sore. The yoga and massage helped quite a bit. I need to do more massage with the massage bar. I had forgotten about it, because I usually use it for lower back soreness. But it works great for the sciatica too.

Donna, I read online that you can freeze Krispy Kreme donuts. I put four in the freezer. My husband took the last four to work today, so we got rid of those thankfully!
Old 10-06-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday DD and I took a walk in the afternoon, so that was my "extra"for yesterday.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Dancing Barefoot - this is one of her "older" streaming workouts, some say it is repetitive, and it is, but that is sort of what I like about it - you get into a zone. It isn't a super challenging workout, but good for some gentle movement.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Hips & Low Back Release - this was "scheduled" today on her October calendar, and I did it not too long ago and enjoyed it, so I put it in for today.

Hope to walk later, too!

Sherry - glad the massage and yoga helped and glad the donuts are in the freezer! LOL!

Waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 10-06-20, 12:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I've decided that for October my workouts will be yoga focused. I'm also going to try to get some walking in, as well.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I did Yoga Fix with Dean Pohl. He has five days of yoga on this DVD that are only twenty minutes in length, and while each one is a total body workout they each have a different focus. One might work the hips more, another the shoulders, and another the back. All very gentle and slow paced.

Today I did Yoga Works for Everybody, Beginners Class. This is much longer at 45 minutes but is very thorough. It also has shorter ten minute AM/PM workouts.

I'm planning on a walk to the library later on to pick up some books, so that will be about three miles for me!

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 01:59 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Pam - so funny, after saying i haven't been in the mood for yoga lately, i'm suddenly interested in it again - yoga and walking sound good to me right now w/ maybe a smidge of Pilates or weights.

Maybe it is the fall?

I was thinking about doing Adriene's monthly calendars or one of her January programs...as my yoga and then filling in w/ some walking and a little bit of strength w/ Pilates or weights....

We shall see.....LOL!

The weather is nice though and I have been managing to drag my DD out with me, and it is good for her, too, to see some sunshine.

Donna
Old 10-06-20, 07:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm on week 3 of the WS master rotation. Today was Steady, Ready, Go, which is one that I had completely forgotten about. I also went out for a couple of walks today because it was so nice out.

Sherry, So many issues are caused by tight muscles. I considered becoming a massage therapist at one point just so I could learn all about it, lol. I have to keep my calf muscles from tightening up or else it aggravates my PF.

Donna, I was reading a book about a guy who is an ultra runner (extreme distances) and he had knots all over his body and thought he had a horrible disease. Doctors couldn't figure it out, so he happened to mention it to a friend who is a massage therapist who told him it was from too much running without any stretching. So his friend stretched him out and he's fine now. It reminded me I need to do some yoga now and then, even though I dislike it!

Pam, The beginners yoga you mentioned sounds like something I should try!
Old 10-06-20, 11:10 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Back Friendly Strength workout. And also Goodwill day. We only did two Goodwills today, but I got some walking in.

I was proud of myself for getting a workout in earlier in the morning. I decided to workout, take a shower, then eat breakfast. Usually, I eat breakfast, and get distracted by my phone, and end up having no time for a workout.

Speaking of yoga, I found a Gaiam Stress Relief Yoga dvd with Suzanne Deason, at Goodwill. It has one 20 minute workout, and also an instructional section on how to use props. They also have an interview with Suzanne, although I would have preferred another workout! I see a lot of Gaiam dvd's at Goodwill, along with Jillian Michaels.

wishiwasinhawaii, although it's not a full workout, I do pretty good at remembering to stretch every day. I just need to remember the massage too!

Pam, those workouts sound relaxing.

Donna, the yoga for hips and lower back sounds like a good one.

Tags
jessica smith get strong