Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-20, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for extra activity I did a short outdoor walk w/my DD and doggie and after work I did the Essentrics Live workout for yesterday. A nice feature of the Essentrics subscription is that they put out 2 live workouts a week - they are usually at noon on Tuesday and Thursday but they are available for 48 hours afterwards so you don't have to do it "live". It was a good workout -by an instructor I hadn't seen before and whose name escapes me.

Today, so far, I did:

Trifecta Pilates - Full Body Weights class - I enjoyed the variety in this routine - the pace was good - not painfully slow or too fast. It did seem to hit the whole body, too. It was 43 minutes, so that was all I had time for today, but I will add on a walk or something later today.

Sherry - yes, I suppose that is one of the downsides to masks, everyone thinks it means you can get close to people again. It is funny you mention WS1 and 2 - I was thinking in the new year of going through WS1, 2 and 3 - after I pare down my subscriptions....it is bugging me to have these subscriptions and then not use them....

wishiwasainahawaii - we were supposed to get rain yesterday, but none came and today it is sunny - not complaining...I have more energy when it is sunny. I don't mind cloudy days when I'm off work, but when I have to work, I need sun.

Pam - good job w/ all the housework!!

I start my "new" job on Oct 26th - everything "official" came yesterday. I would love to start sooner, but timing...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 10:02 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Richard Simmons Disco Sweat! I've never done his workouts before. He's a trip and loves people and is fun, but he can't cue to save his life. But the weight loss success stories were inspirational at the end of the video, some people losing over a hundred pounds.

While Richard wasn't my cup of tea, I can see why his workouts are so popular with people who have a lot of weight to lose.

What's great about this workout is the music and setting. He actually goes to a Brooklyn club and has the disco ball and even a John Travolta DJ look-a-like. That was the best part, ha ha.

Anyway, the workout barely got my heartrate up, but was okay for a very light day for some fun entertainment.

I have been so busy cleaning, as of late. My stainless steel stove needed a deep scrub and I let that go for far too long. Embarrassment would be an understatement if anyone were to see the sticky, greasy mess.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 10:06 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

Happy 24th Anniversary!

April Focus:
Old 09-30-20, 11:05 AM  
Leonana

Last night I did one of Jessica's you tube 15 minute stretch workouts, 18-Minute Total Body Stress Relieving Dynamic Stretch. It did work out the soreness in my shoulders. I did WS1 today, with five, six and eight pound weights. I forgot how much I like this one, it's just the right speed for me.

On a positive note, my right glute is feeling better, I guess adjusting my car seat did the trick. The PF in my right foot doesn't bother me, unless I do a lot of walking. I keep forgetting to wear tennis shoes instead of sandals.

Thanks, Pam! Good job on the deep clean. I try not to look inside of my oven, lol.

Donna, I'm glad you got the official paperwork. I hope the time goes fast for you. The days seem to be flying by for me!

wishiwasinhawaii, you've inspired me to pull out WS1. I really love that set.
Old 10-01-20, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The nice sunny fall weather has inspired me! Yesterday afternoon I did:

15 Min Standing Cardio Strength, with Jessica Smith (You Tube) and yesterday evening I walked my doggie.

This morning, I did:

Jessica Smith: 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio
Jessica Valent: Full Body Opening Routine

So much for sticking with Trifecta Pilates, LOL! I have decided to just go with the flow and continue to mix things up. I think the instructors I will workout with this month are Jessica V., Jessica S, Beth (Trifecta), Ellen and maybe the Fabulous 50's lady - she has a new 7 day challenge coming out on Monday that I could mix and match w/ Pilates...

https://fabulous50s.co/challenges/

I haven't worked out w/ her before but she seems to be nice and use good music..so we shall see.

Sherry - I like WS 1 too - I am thinking of going through all the sets at some point. There is a lot of variety.

Pam - I can see how that would be a fun workout! My house needs a deep cleaning, but I'm never in the mood to do it, LOL!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 10-01-20, 04:45 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

No workout today. I had a doctor's appointment during the time I normally work out and then I had a lot to do for work, so I just went for a walk and that'll be it for today because I'm feeling kind of drained today. I think it's the weather. It's cool now and it makes me sleepy! Tomorrow is Barefoot Fusion Sculpt also from WS1.

I spent the summer doing Jessica rotations that used all her DVD sets and it has been a lot of fun revisiting those. There are so many workouts I had forgotten about. For example, yesterday was Interval Mix from WS1, which is a very good workout, but I hadn't done it in at least a few years. After I finish this rotation, I plan to do Jessica's holiday one and then I'm thinking of doing WS1. If Jessica comes out with her new release by then, I will of course drop everything and get that one, LOL!

Sherry, Glad to hear your PF and glute are better. Sometimes just making minor adjustments makes all the difference. My PF usually starts acting up when the weather changes, but it's been ok so far.

Donna, It's good at least they gave you a date for when you start your new job. I'm sure the next few weeks will fly by. The CEO where I work is having a meeting with all of us at the end of the month to give us an update on the status of the office, so I'm thinking he's going to say we're reopening in January. I hope I'm wrong because I really don't want to go back!

Pam, I don't think I've done any Richard Simmons, but I remember when he had a TV show. My mom used to watch it and was a big fan. I guess he has retired now.

Waves!
Old 10-02-20, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - Leg Power Workout
Jessica Smith - 12 min Upper Body Circuit Walk
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility routine.

Although it seems contrary to my workout style, I really like the leg power workout -I do skip the pistol squats and just do my own thing then - I don't see that move in my future ever - but, I just really like this routine -

I balanced the lower body w/ some upper body work w/ Jessica Smith and then followed up w/ the hip mobility routine.

I know I need to fit in some CS as tightness is creeping back in. I may do something this afternoon unless the weather is too nice to stay inside...then I'll do a walk this afternoon instead, but I do need to find a place for some regular CS...too many workouts, too little time.

wishiwasinhawaii -the change in weather, particularly when it is overcast makes me tired, too.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 10-02-20, 05:34 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was filing for the Hospice. I should have done some cardio on my bike in the evening. I found it hard to sleep last night. But my sinuses were really bothering me too.

Today was Jessica Smith's Cardio Abs Transformer strength workout. It's been awhile since I've done that one. I like it better than Better Body Blast, and it's easier to modify. This is the one where Jessica does one arm burpees. I obviously didn't do those, lol

Serious news, hard to believe. I'm keeping them in my prayers that they both recover.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm so envious of cooler weather. It's 104 here today. Forecast doesn't show us dropping below 100 for another week. Normally, we'd be in the 90's by now. At least our lows are in the 60's, so the mornings and evenings are cooler.

Donna, I need to do more stretching or yoga, and forget. Then I get really sore and stiff, and I'm forced to do it! I checked out Fabulous 50's, but didn't jive with her for some reason. Someone in GD posted about Fitness with Cindy, workouts for over 60. I'm going to check it out.
Old 10-03-20, 07:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was my Ellen fix - Walk with Weights and Sunrise Stretch. Neither was a sweatfest, but I enjoyed both. I like the music in the walk w/ weights workout.

I also walked yesterday afternoon w/ DD and doggies and today will probably also get out for some outdoor walking.

Sherry - I know, the news was shocking, although, not entirely surprising. I think it just throws more chaos into the already chaotic election season. Hopefully everyone affected will recover fully. I wonder if Biden will get it - they were not super close together at the debate, but they were yelling...I know he tested negative, but, that could change as more time passes. This year is one for the history books, that is for sure.
There is something very specific to me about CS, it works for me better than other stretching/flexibility routines, yet, I do struggle to stay consistent with it b/c I crave variety.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Pam.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 10-03-20, 12:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I tried to post yesterday and got an computer error, after my long rambling.

Friday, I did Paul Katami's Perfect 10. Good and just the basics. Paul was great with form pointers!

Wednesday and Thursday, I did Leslie's Walk Aerobics "Older Adults" and "Seniors" workouts. Too many Leslie workouts for me to keep these, that are early Leslie and very basic. Neither held my interest for long, so will be donating these soon!

Will be back to post something for today!

Have a good weekend!

April Focus:

Tags
jessica smith get strong