Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-08, 08:46 PM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin4425
Did anyone else hear OBOS mentioned on the NBC show "Kath and Kim" last night? Kath was doing a home workout and said she was proud she still had "buns of steel". Good to know that we aren't the only ones who enjoy this workout! NBC writers must find it enjoyable too! Greg must have loved the plug! Anyone else watch the show?
Erin, I did! lol That was the first time I'd seen the show (thought it was hilarious, btw), and I heard that too!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 07:22 PM  
erin4425

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia
Erin, I did! lol That was the first time I'd seen the show (thought it was hilarious, btw), and I heard that too!
I also thought it was hilarious (especially the workout attire worn by Kath as well as her boyfriend when they were power-walking)! Good to know that "buns" never goes out of style!

I hit a snag in my weekly "buns" routine (I am a bit under-the-weather). I can't wait to start working out again! My body and mind need it! What does eveyone else do when they are under-the-weather but are desperately missing their fitness routine? Any suggestions? I have missed almost a week of workouts!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
erin4425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 10:34 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
What does eveyone else do when they are under-the-weather but are desperately missing their fitness routine?
If I'm not absolutely too sick to do anything, I'll do some gentle yoga. It almost always makes me feel better and the movement is great for my body.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 09:19 AM  
Gardengirl

Erin, hope you feel better soon and can get back to using BOS! Lol!

Leslie's workouts are usually good for me when I'm feeling less energy, but sometimes a rest day is a good thing!
Old 10-26-08, 09:30 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
I also thought it was hilarious (especially the workout attire worn by Kath as well as her boyfriend when they were power-walking)!
LOL!! Yeah!! The boyfriend character is too funny!!

Hope you're feeling better!!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 02:50 AM  
erin4425

Thanks (to everyone) for such great workout suggestions when I was not feeling well. I am almost back to my old self again and am looking forward to more rigorous workouts! I had to cut back on "Buns" and other floorwork for a while and miss it so much!

Are the rest of you still keeping up with the "Buns" routine? I would love to hear some positive stories (could use some after this looooong chest-cold I have been fighting)!

As for me, I just can't wait to get my buns moving again!
erin4425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 08:44 PM  
lissalaurel76

Do you plan on putting the testimonials you get from folks here on your Buns of Steel site, Erin ? Or did you go over that with Greg yet ? Which of you decides which testimonials will get posted ?
Old 11-02-08, 08:47 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I love that workout! It was one of the first two I ever owned and I swear it took me a good month to be able to do the whole thing when I started working out.

Kath & Kim is so funny. . .especially the scene at the mall where he catches her eating "another man's sandwich".
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 09:33 PM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76
Do you plan on putting the testimonials you get from folks here on your Buns of Steel site, Erin ? Or did you go over that with Greg yet ? Which of you decides which testimonials will get posted ?

I detect a flack in vidiot's clothing, too.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 10:00 PM  
Tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita

I detect a flack in vidiot's clothing, too.
Mmhmm. As much as I love the workout, I'll be glad when this thread stops re-appearing every few days.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buns of steel, of steel