Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-06, 08:23 AM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Love them

I still manage to rotate all 12 into whatever routine I'm doing. I absolutely love them -- the moves, the music, the instructors. I always feel wonderful both during and after each one. These were probably my best investment of 2005.
Old 10-14-06, 08:54 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

I don't do them as often as I might (too many videos syndrome), but I thoroughly enjoy them when I do decide to pull one of them out. The music, the visuals, everything about them. They don't have a "dread factor" at all, but yet, I do feel like I got a decent workout when I'm finished.

I think I like the original Fitprimes better overall though...maybe because I've had them longer and done them more frequently to make a solid informed opinion? Well whatever, in any event, I DO like both the originals and the WHFN versions.

Sorry for the convoluted ramble :rolleyes: .
Old 10-14-06, 10:25 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I foolishly sold these on ebay. A few short weeks later I was missing them. So, I got them again. I really enjoy all of them. My least favorite is lower body burn. I find that they are for the most part easier than my Firm workouts which make up most of my workouts. But I need an easier, lower intensity day 1 to 2 days a week, so these are perfect. But like other vf's have mentioned, they really are easy to modify by using heavier weights, a bodybar, perhaps, and even ankle weights. They are definitely worth getting in my opinion. I believe I will keep them this time! Oh, by the way, as you can tell I obiviously have a serious case of EVDD also!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 12:23 PM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym
I like them all. I do the KickButts more than the FitPrimes but find that I can make them as hard or easy as I want. With the FitPrimes if you sub a bodybar for the dowel you can get a really good upper body and core workout. I really like these for core and balance.
As someone else mentioned, if I am having trouble getting motivated, I reach for these. They are feel good workouts.
Ooh, a body bar is a great idea! Where can i get one? are they expensive?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 01:37 PM  
plcm111195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew
Ooh, a body bar is a great idea! Where can i get one? are they expensive?
walmart.com has 6, 9 and 12 pound bars from $16.62 to $22.43. They offer site to store shipping for free if you pick it up at a store in certain states.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2590789

I've seen body bars at sporting goods stores too, but don't know the price off the top of my head.
Old 10-14-06, 06:32 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

They usually have them at Academy. That is where I got my 15lb bar.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 06:37 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I love using the 8-lb. FIRM sculpting stick for Crunch Time - especially with the balancing move where you rise up and down on your toes.

Does anyone know if there is a listing on Amazon for WHFN Strong Bear? I want to sell my DVD on Amazon, but there only seem to be listings for a few of the WHFN workouts.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 08:54 PM  
moviegrl1737

I've been rotating through mine (though most are still virgins) I guess I must be on the beginner end of the spectrum when it comes to these because they always leave me feeling thoroughly worked out. Maybe it's just the few I've tried so far, or how far in my fitness journey I was when I tried them. As far as results, I've not done a rotation exclusively with these, so I can't speak to the results, but I do find them enjoyable.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 10:11 AM  
Gardengirl

I've been using my Danskin barbell bar for the stick work in these. It gives my upper body an additional workout because I think it's about 5 lbs. I just don't put any plates on it.

I have only 2 qualms about these workouts: the handstand move (especially the one where you do a squat and sit on the step and then move into the handstand move - really don' enjoy that one) and the push ups using the step tweaks my shoulder in a way I don't like (so I don't use the step - maybe I'll grow into it??).

Other than those 2 things (and Tamela occasionally mugging for the camera when she is an extra) I love these! I guess all the switching things up and not having to do 30 reps of any one thing, really makes the time go by fast. Plus you get a little bit of everything!

I guess I'm whimpy because if the originals are harder than these, I'm much better off with the newer ones.

Christine, I agree! These are one of my best investments!!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 10:56 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl
I have only 2 qualms about these workouts: the handstand move (especially the one where you do a squat and sit on the step and then move into the handstand move - really don' enjoy that one) and the push ups using the step tweaks my shoulder in a way I don't like (so I don't use the step - maybe I'll grow into it??).
I don't do push-ups using the step either. Instead I use a medicine ball like Mindy shows in Strength Express - the height is much better for my shoulder.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, weighted bar