Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-06, 07:09 PM  
CarlaVeg

wow great resultas thanks!!!! this was a great poll!!!!!

I agree with DTC comment it's really GREAT!!!!!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-06, 07:16 PM  
KathAL79

Thanks for putting this together, Stephanie!
What an interesting assortment of responses. I like how the list folds in both older and newer releases, big budget productions and something made by a guy in his backyard with a video camera, widely available commercial releases and small little yoga studios whose products have taken on a life of their own thanks to the many yogi(ni)s here at VF.

(Just one little thing: Erich Schiffmann's name is misspelled in the book category.)

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-06, 08:27 PM  
fikustree

I fixed the mistake and although I am a horrible speller I do want to note that everything was cut and pasted!

Some items really suprised me. For one, I never realized that the Ali Macgraw video was so popular, it showed up in almost every category.

And I knew a lot of us enjoyed Ravi and Ana, but I didn't realize it was most of us! I never knew that so many others felt the way I do about beginners and beyond

I also would have guessed that PY4H would have topped many lists but I don't think it won any category, people like Byran Kest better.

And I am really suprised by the popularity of Trance Dance in general. That one seemed to me like it would only appeal to a small group (maybe us ) but it was way more popular than YBB or anything else. Of course, Ana and Ravi were not factored it. That will teach them to make us wait forever for DVDs!

And now my wishlist is going to get so much longer...
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 07:51 AM  
carolb8

Thank you so much for doing this! I think this will be the final push I need to get Altar of the Heart....
Carol
carolb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Stephanie, this is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much for your efforts in putting this together.

I'm going to do Altar of the Heart in honor of our Fun Workout Friday today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 02:46 PM  
mrs lightyear

Brilliant. Thank you Stephanie and to all voters
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 02:59 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikustree
Some items really suprised me. For one, I never realized that the Ali Macgraw video was so popular, it showed up in almost every category.
Don't forget that this is not just an Ali Macgraw video, it's mainly an Erich Schiffmann video.

(For folks who haven't seen "Yoga Mind & Body", Ali talks a little at the beginning, then is the main demonstrator. Erich narrates/teaches. It's a very beautiful production, thanks to a large budget and the efforts of a zillion people; you get a nice long savasana because the credits take so long But apparently we all like Erich even when he's just a guy in his backyard with a video camera, so no wonder we like YM&B.)
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-06, 03:07 PM  
mrs lightyear

...not to mention Fig the cat
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biff mithoefer, cool yoga tricks, donna helm yost, favorites, rainbeau mars, yin yoga, yoga