Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-05, 04:46 PM  
JessicaW

Rebounding works wonders! I am living proof!

I just wanted to report some excellent results I have gotten from rebounding. I must start off by saying that I have been working out at home to videos consistently since 1998 and I don't think I have ever gotten such quick results from any other workout.
I got my Urban Rebounder in the mail along with all of the workouts only three weeks ago. I have been using it ever since.
Wierdly enough, in that three weeks, my weight went up by about two pounds. However, I have been feeling smaller.
I have a couple of pairs of jeans in my closet that have been way too small for me and therefore still had their tags on. Well, I put those pants on today and they fit perfectly with room to grow! I can't believe it! It's gotta be the rebounding because nothing else has changed.
Has anyone else had simliar results with rebounding?
JessicaW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 05:24 PM  
ellens2

Wow, that's great. I haven't used mine enough to get results. I'll have to try more. How often and how long are you using it?
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 06:13 PM  
lsfish

Wow!

You made me want to run right out and get one!
lsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 06:20 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellens2
Wow, that's great. I haven't used mine enough to get results. I'll have to try more. How often and how long are you using it?
Hi Ellen,

I got all of the urban rebounding workouts with my rebounder. Each workout is only about 20-30 minutes long. I have done two of these workouts back to back about three times per week. Two other days out of the week, I might do a little step with a little weight training (this is not new to my routine, however).
Rebounding is an excellent form of cardio, because it doesn't hurt your joints so you can work harder and longer. It's fun too!
JessicaW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 06:39 PM  
ellens2

Did you get yours from HSN also? I got two compilation dvd's and have previewed them and only done the basic. Your way ahead of me cardio wise. At this point, there's now way I could do 2 of the workouts back to back. Your thread is good motivation for me to spend more time on it. I really need to add more cardio than I'm getting from my awt workouts.
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 09:53 AM  
mommyofone

Question Any more info

Can anyone else tell us if you've gotten results? I was looking into the rebounding but thinking that it couldn't possibly be effective.

Thanks,
Kristen
mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:13 AM  
suegy3

I lost some weight and toned up after rebounding. I don't credit it to just rebounding though. Rebounding is so much fun that I worked out more so I think it could be because of that. I feel like a kid again jumping up and down on the rebounder!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:20 AM  
mommyofone

Do you break a sweat

Do you really break a sweat? I just can't get over the fact that boucning around gives results. Seems like the rebounder might do most of the work?

Thanks,
Kristen
mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:23 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Kristen, I've been using my rebounder for a few years, and love it.
I can't say what results come from it, since I do all kinds of other cardio, weights, yoga, pilates, etc...but it does make working out a lot of fun.

You don't have to do just rebounder videos on it, either, it gives a nice non-jarring surface to do all sorts things - jogging, running, plyo moves...
On the Rebounder Plus or Minus check in, you'll see lots of workouts used on it - Leslie Sansone, Cardio Coach, Cathe, P90X Plyo X, Tae Bo, music videos, just about anything you can think of.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:33 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofone
Do you really break a sweat? I just can't get over the fact that boucning around gives results. Seems like the rebounder might do most of the work?
It looks like we were posting at the same time.

The rebounder really doesn't do the work, it's just a softer surface for you to work on. You push down into the mat when you use it, and do get some spring back, but it doesn't take awya from the effort you put into it. My HR gets up in my target range just as easily on the rebounder as on the floor, and higher with some workouts.

Leslie Sansone's are better on the rebounder IMO; I wear light (1.5 LB) glove weights with hers, and it's so easy to go a bit faster than she does - jogging when she walks, running when she jogs.

There's a different type of rebounder at amazon.com right now, that is cheap, and from what I've read a great rebounder. I just ordered one, even though I have a UR, because it sounds so good - there's a link in the Bargain Watch, that Horsemom 2 posted yesterday or the day before if you want to see it. From what she and another person on the Rebounder check in have written, I had to order

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounding, success stories, success story