Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-05, 06:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

When I first started at VF, I wore any old T shirt and shorts. Since then, I"ve come to love the wicking fabrics and exercise bras. Year around, I wear shorts and mostly sleeveless tops. It may be cold outside, but once I get going, I get hot, especially when doing step workouts.

I buy most of my workout clothes at Target and Ross. Once in awhile, Deanna posts about a Hotskins deal and I get some fancier stuff at greatly reduced prices.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 06:22 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S.
I buy most of my workout clothes at Target and Ross. Once in awhile, Deanna posts about a Hotskins deal and I get some fancier stuff at greatly reduced prices.
LOL, Laura . I hope you enjoy the order you placed with them.

When I first came to VF, I had been exercising for quite a few years on my own. I owned plenty of running clothing, and some limited fitness clothing. Actually, that was always my "reward" when I could feel myself slacking....I'd head out and buy a new outfit. Mind you, these usually came from lower-end stores back in those days. I can remember saying "OMG, I cannot believe some people will shell out THAT much money for something they're just going to sweat in!!". Ahem, well, then along came VF....and somehow I too got caught up in the prettier/nicer clothing vendors (although, I do make an effort to wait for the big sales).

Long story short, usually I am wearing matching attractive stuff when I exercise. It's a pity my daily/street clothing doesn't look nearly as nice . I tend to wear jeans, t-shirts, old sneakers, sweatshirts, etc. for "real life" . We all have our priorities .
Old 05-08-05, 07:00 AM  
Helen

I've seen 'wicking' fabrics mentioned twice now - what is it?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 08:01 AM  
Carol_is_fit

I buy cheapie sports bras and bike shorts from Dick's or WalMart - hey I'm home who cares, right? LOL!!

Carol
Old 05-08-05, 11:33 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I'm still wearing the same shorts, have three pairs, bought specially for working out in. The tee-shirts, which either matched or coordinated with the shorts, have gotten pretty holey, so I'm retiring those. Now it's tank tops that I just had to take in. They have these big ugly seams, in front, back, each side. I was in a hurry! I really need to replace the one pair of shorts that is too big; the other two still work fine. And I should get some nicer tank tops/t-shirts Now that it's warmer, I tend to stay in these workout clothes the rest of the evening after working, til I take my shower and don pj's. I wear a cotton bra, preferably a sports bra with the Y or T back; those regular straps fall down on me all the time, too!!! Thick cotton socks and my New Balance 609's.

I get my stuff from Walmart/Target.
Old 05-08-05, 03:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I wear a really good sports bra. I don't pinch pennies here. Since I work out at home now, I don't care what my clothes look like. I always wear compression shorts, boxer shorts over it, a V-neck t-shirt, socks and a good pair of workout shoes. This is something else that I don't skimp on. My shoes are very important to me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 06:44 PM  
cindylouhoo

For tops I wear either a sports bra, exercise tank, or exercise camisole. For bottoms, I wear stretchy exercise shorts, knit shorts, or jersey-like shorts. I have bought most of my work out clothes at Target, but today I picked up a cute tank and some shorts at Wal-Mart. Yesterday I saw a cute set at Sports Authority, but just couldn't justify spending over $40 for it.
cindylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 08:58 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I bought these great workout pants at KMart - they're long like yoga pants but really soft like sweatpants. I also wear a JogBra and a shirt with cherries on the front.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 09:26 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
I've seen 'wicking' fabrics mentioned twice now - what is it?

Wicking fabrics pull moisture away from your skin- leaving you drier and warmer in winter, cooler in summer. Some of the fabrics are Cool Max, Dri-Release, hmm...can't remember more right now.

Here is a web-site that talks about how wicking fabrics work for winter.. (sorry, no time right now to search out more info- I'll look again later. )

http://icebike.org/Articles/fabrics.htm

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 09:31 AM  
new2me

I wear exercise bra tops and shorts for cardio and for all things during summer, and long yoga type pants and exercise tanks for weight work, or super cold days during winter if the cardio isn't too intense.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes, workout clothing