Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-03, 11:14 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Please compare: Maximum Cardio Burn vs. Calorie Killer, Super Cardio Sculpt

Hi! I just got the Firm BSS2 kit from QVC, & I know I have to send it back--the sculpting stick is way too light for me, & I don't like Total Body Sculpt + abs. I do like CAWT (I used 2 10 lb DB's for all the leg work & also used 2 10 lb. DB's for the upper body when they only used just one DB), & I have acquired that from the Ya Ya's (thanks, Terri!) Anyway, I really love the way the Firm mixes up their cardio, but I tried Maximum Cardio Burn, & I don't know if it would even qualify as a "light" aerobic workout, but I did think it was fun. I was wondering if Calorie Killer & Super Cardio Sculpt were similar but more intense. I was also thinking that Cardio Sculpt Blaster looked interesting, but I would want to rewind it so maybe I'm better off getting the VHS, especially since it's so much cheaper. Is it hard to control where a DVD stops when rewinding? One last thing: do these cardio workouts look lots more intense than they really are? I was wondering because I haven't tried the Cardio Sculpt Blaster, & I was thinking t might look more intense than it is when you actually do the workout.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 01:02 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

If you got the set from QVC, you got a great deal so it might be worth it to keep the set even if you don't think you'll use the stick very often.

Have you actually tried Total Body Sculpt? I didn't think it looked very exciting either, but it feels harder than it looks.

If you've done Maximum Cardio Burn and honestly think it is too easy, I don't think you will like Cardio Killer, Super Cardio Sculpt, or Cardio Sculpt Blaster. They are all fairly consistent in how intense they are.

Cardio Killer might be a little harder than the other two, but just because so much of the cardio is done on the tallbox (which I won't do for knee reasons).

Hope that helps.

Laura (LCC)
(Who loves all the aforementioned tapes, by the way.)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 01:58 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Thank you!

Thanks for you input, Laura! I actually might try Maximum Cardio Burn again tomorrow (it's my light cardio day) & see if I can do more with it. I really wish someone else would do cardio the way the Firm does, only in a more intense manner--I really love the variety of 4-limbed, hi/lo, tall box, & step aerobics all in one workout.

Old 08-31-03, 02:02 PM  
stephb

Jennifer, do you have Super Cardio Mix (aka Super Cardio on VHS)? It's a lot more intense than Maximum Cardio Burn. I like MCB but I agree that the three you mentioned are probably on the same level. I didn't like Total Sculpt Plus Abs either but I was making modifications to use two db's on my shoulders (instead of the stick for balance and one db). I didn't like it. But the last few times, I did that video "as is" and found that the stick really gave me greater range of motion - I was SORE the next day! LOL! I really heavied up on this video (more than I usually do with FIRM workouts) and found that I like it much much better now. Maybe try going really heavy and actually using the stick for greater range of motion. I think the kit is definitely worth it even if you don't use the stick. JMHO though!

StephB
stephb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 04:00 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

The stick's too light...

I actualy used a balance stick for Total Sculpt + abs, & I did really feel it in my legs & butt, I actually liked that part of the workout, & I really liked the cardio sections. What I didn't like was the wimpy/skimpy upper body toning. I just didn't feel like there was enough--I have way too many workouts that are better than this one & I can't justify doing this instead of one of them. Also, when I started out, I tried using the 8 lb. stick, but it was too light, plus, the twigs fell off during the warmup after I did pushups on the thing (I guess I rolled the stick a little & it loosened the twigs.) I figure if I really want to try the other 2 workouts, I can buy them individually--the kit came to $70 with s&h & tax, & I just feel it is too much to pay for 4 DVD's of this caliber.

Old 08-31-03, 04:01 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

The stick's too light...

I actualy used a balance stick for Total Sculpt + abs, & I did really feel it in my legs & butt, I actually liked that part of the workout, & I really liked the cardio sections. What I didn't like was the wimpy/skimpy upper body toning. I just didn't feel like there was enough--I have way too many workouts that are better than this one & I can't justify doing this instead of one of them. Also, when I started out, I tried using the 8 lb. stick, but it was too light, plus, the twigs fell off during the warmup after I did pushups on the thing (I guess I rolled the stick a little & it loosened the twigs.) I figure if I really want to try the other 2 workouts, I can buy them individually--the kit came to $70 with s&h & tax, & I just feel it is too much to pay for 4 DVD's of this caliber. BTW, I do have Super Cardio--it's one of my favorites.

Old 08-31-03, 06:25 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Jennifer,

I use my 12 lb bodybar for Total Sculpt and then a 4 lb mini bodybar for the abs section. This works o.k. for me but I do think Emily's workout is better.

I think Maximum Cardio Burn is on the easy side and I even tried to up the intensity by using my BOSU for the short box work. I'm in the minority since I actually like the Core Cardios because of their fast pace. I know a lot of people like Super Cardio better.

Another Firm cardio workout you might want to try is FatBlaster. Or you can try FitPrime's Steamin' Cardio or Fast Cheetah. However, don't expect Cathe like intensity with any of these workouts. These are more like my "having fun" workouts with some leg toning thrown in too.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-03, 06:02 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice! I tried Maximum Cardio Burn again today, & it will work out fine as a light aerobics workout, especially after a Cathe day or in this case a day after I did Charlene P's We Love Step (on a 10" step.) I used a 10 lb. bar (the Firm barbell bar), & my arms were really feeling it during the first 4-limbed set. I had tried using the 8 lb. bar for the leg work at the end (which I really like), but the twigs fell off... I had really wanted an 8 lb. bar, too. Oh well.

Old 09-01-03, 07:57 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

The twigs fell off?

That's not good. Are you sure you had them on right? (You twist them and they kind of click into place.)

I admit I've wondered about it, but so far they've never really come off.

Bummer.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-03, 10:52 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

my twigs fall off all the time! I'm lucky I haven't broken our (glass) tv stand yet! ... and I *do* hear the "click" sound that tells me they're in... somehow they turn around and unclick, though, in the process of working with the stick...

Meg
meggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, firm sculpting stick