Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-19, 09:04 PM  
bfit

I have Miracle Miles, and I like it. There are a lot of "miles" for the money, and my set came with a nice different type of "stretchie" band. This is one of her "newer" workouts with the bright set and the new "crew" of people; it's not one of the old classics with Mary Kay, etc.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 06:38 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Who has The Miracle Miles set? I just previewed 1 Miracle Mile on youtube and I really liked what I saw. Clean set, good energy and Leslie wasn't overly exuberant. Worth getting this set?
I have this too. It’s a lot of miles for the money. While I do like it and they are good workouts, to me they are a bit repetitive. (But then, Leslie is pretty repetitive anyway ). Each of the miles has basically the same format so what you saw is basically how each mile in the set is. Other than a different number of miles on each dvd in the set, I really can’t tell one dvd from the other in this set. Most miles have fast walking, a few exercises using the band thing included and some short running intensity segments. Like I said, they are good workouts though but I can’t tell much difference between any of the miles.

I like the Walk 15 set better simply because of the variety. Leslie doesn’t instruct each mile though and there is more of a “party” feel with the background exercisers. There is also a family walk with kids so all this may bother some people. Also, each mile on each dvd is a separate mile meaning for instance the 3 Mile Walk dvd consists of 3 separate miles strung together. I personally don’t mind because it’s a nice variety. I think the intensity is pretty good in these and there is even a mile that is all jogging.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 07:07 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you Cher for the detailed reply. I'll look into the Walk 15 set.
Old 05-22-19, 10:17 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post

I like the Walk 15 set better simply because of the variety. Leslie doesn’t instruct each mile though and there is more of a “party” feel with the background exercisers. There is also a family walk with kids so all this may bother some people. Also, each mile on each dvd is a separate mile meaning for instance the 3 Mile Walk dvd consists of 3 separate miles strung together. I personally don’t mind because it’s a nice variety. I think the intensity is pretty good in these and there is even a mile that is all jogging.
I'm interested in purchasing but the shipping cost is high on Leslie's site. Can they be purchased anywhere else? Haven't seen them on Amazon.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 11:58 AM  
Mickey12

Usia,

I like most Leslie workouts, but I really like her more recent releases. I like all the Walk to the Hits ones: Radio Remixes, All Time Favorites and Party Songs. If you liked Party Songs, I think you will also like Radio Remixes and All Time Favorites as they were done around the same time, similar bright sets and participants.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 12:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Usia,

I like most Leslie workouts, but I really like her more recent releases. I like all the Walk to the Hits ones: Radio Remixes, All Time Favorites and Party Songs. If you liked Party Songs, I think you will also like Radio Remixes and All Time Favorites as they were done around the same time, similar bright sets and participants.

Kim
Thank you, Kim!
Old 05-22-19, 12:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I liked the three mile weight loss walk because Mary Kay leads one mile. Hopefully you can find it used. I also like her old "two mile Walkaerobics " because she had better music and more of a variety of moves .
Sherry, I just bought "3 Mile Weight Loss Walk" at HPB this morning. Below this title it says A Power Walk at Home. Is this the one? I also picked up "5 Mile Advanced Walk". They weren't on clearance like the other 2 I got, but they were still cheap.
Old 05-22-19, 12:17 PM  
sherry7899

Dana, I think that is the right one. She has so many releases with similar tutles! I hope you enjoy your new workouts.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 01:09 PM  
Gams

Dana, I like the 5 Mile Advanced Walk a lot.

I was thinking about getting Walk 15, but with the shipping it seemed a little expensive so I’ve been holding off.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 01:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you Sherry and Gams! I'm looking forward to trying these for sure!

This morning I went to one of the HPB in my area. Starting Friday they have 20% off everything and I plan to check out the other 2 stores to see what I can find.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone