Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-19, 08:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Donna, I like that skort. I don't go to a gym but wear similar for walking sometimes and have worn them to yoga classes. I think that will look fine at the gym and just a little bit classy.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 12:17 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Donna, I like that skort. I don't go to a gym but wear similar for walking sometimes and have worn them to yoga classes. I think that will look fine at the gym and just a little bit classy.
Yes, maybe if I'm the only one wearing a skort, I could start a trend at my gym!

But, if I feel too out of place, I could always wear them on my walks. I haven't cut off the tags, yet, so I guess I could return them if I decide to go a different way. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of gym clothes!

Donna
Old 05-23-19, 11:50 AM  
lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of gym clothes!
Exactly! Once you're there, you'll find out "nobody is looking at you, they're all busy looking at themselves in the mirror" - quoting my favorite Zumba instructor.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 01:46 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
Exactly! Once you're there, you'll find out "nobody is looking at you, they're all busy looking at themselves in the mirror" - quoting my favorite Zumba instructor.
So true!!! Wear whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 03:36 PM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
One of the things I like about working out at home is I can work out in my underwear and a t-shirt. Just saying.
Yes indeed. I skip the t-shirt though. I feel sorry for the folks on the DVDs that have to wear clothes while working out; that's so much hotter.
Old 05-23-19, 08:13 PM  
DCW

My favourite is knee length shorts in the summer.

I can't take the heat.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 08:53 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
That's so true. I went there today to sign up and a take a closer look around (I'd only been there once before, just to snoop!) and I didn't even notice what people were wearing! This is a rural area, though, so I'm pretty sure not very many people will be wearing 'fancy' gym clothes. Silly me!

Donna
Old 05-23-19, 09:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I find that wearing clothes that make me feel good motivate me in my workout, even when I'm working out at home. It's part of my process, even if it may seem silly. I pretty much dress the same when I am at home or at the gym---leggings/capris/compression-type shorts depending on the time of year. My gym tends to be warmer than I like even in the winter, so I prefer a tank top or performance tee shirt over a sports bra. I have a variety of tanks, and I'll wear the ones with more coverage when I'm going to the gym.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leggings, skort, workout clothes, workout clothing, yoga pants