Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-19, 07:34 AM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
My DVDs finally arrived, and I had the chance to try out Endurance 120, 1+2=3 today. This brought up a few questions. You know, questions like, is she crazy? What is wrong with her? What is wrong with ME? What was I thinking? Am I going to make it through this?

When I first tried 1+2=3, I nearly died! I've been doing it once a week for a few months now, and it gets easier (but not easy). I must say, my arms, shoulders, and upper back have gotten so strong from that work out. I can now crank out some tricep push up on my toes now! I'm a big fan of this workout.

Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 11:07 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I am also trying to incorporate more of Linda’s workouts in my routine. They feel so hard compared to the Cathe workouts I love. I have the new endurance workouts but have not tried them yet... I hope they are doable. I have enjoyed some of Linda’s Fitmas and metabolic workouts, but some of her other workouts really kill me! I’m glad I’m not alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
When I first tried 1+2=3, I nearly died! I've been doing it once a week for a few months now, and it gets easier (but not easy). I must say, my arms, shoulders, and upper back have gotten so strong from that work out. I can now crank out some tricep push up on my toes now! I'm a big fan of this workout.

Lorrie
Fitstick, YES, these workouts are so hard in a different way from Cathe! And I'm someone who regularly does stupid things, like the Afterburn Bonus Burn premix, Imax Extreme, and doubling weight workouts! 49 minutes with Linda slayed me and took me way longer than 49 minutes to get through!

wlorrie, that is where I'm SUPER sore this morning, arms, shoulders, upper back (and my legs aren't too happy either), but also my sides! I bow to you doing this workout once a week. That's eventually my plan too, after I try a bunch of her other stuff and talk myself back into it, hah!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 11:22 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Aaand on this same topic of her workouts, I see she has some new ones available/coming out, the Overload Training series which will be four workouts. She has two clips so far on YouTube, and these are apparently workouts available from her for download. They look good so far and I'm personally hoping these get put into another set when they're all completed and out. Has anybody tried the ones that are available?
Old 05-31-19, 12:25 PM  
IceQueen07

Any difference between getting downloads vs dvds?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 01:10 PM  
manleym

I'm now very interested in incorporating more of Linda's workouts because of this thread. Like ya'll, I mainly do Cathe and like Kittybug, crazy things, so it's good to know Linda is just as hard as Cathe, just in a different way. I've done a few of Linda's workouts on YouTube but mentally I think I'm not going to get an intense workout unless it's Cathe, or workouts like hers (weights, cardio, "go all out" etc.) I'm trying to make that mental hurdle that I CAN get an intense and effective workout in ways other than what I'm used to/have been doing for years. So thank you for these responses, as it has caused me to want to get these dvds and add more of Linda into my rotation.

I would also be interested to know the difference between downloads and dvds. I've never purchased a download before. Just like having a dvd. Mainly because I like all the premix options and don't have to mess with a computer.

So any recommendations or suggestions (dvds vs downloads, which dvds - Endurance obviously), etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks for starting this thread. It has been helpful!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 02:27 PM  
wlorrie

I purchased some of her downloads. There is no difference between the dvds and downloads.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 02:45 PM  
manleym

I saw that her Endurance downloads are on sale this week. $.99.

How do the downloads work? I'm assuming I just buy the download and save it to my computer. But I can only access the workout from the computer it is downloaded on, correct? I'm new to downloads but am seriously considering buying the endurance since they're on sale this week. Thanks!
Old 05-31-19, 03:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

That's a great deal on the Endurance workouts! I should really pay attention to her specials, but I can't do downloads anyway since I can no longer hook up my laptop to the TV and that's how I prefer to stream things. I should be happy that there's a Roku now where my laptop used to go though! But I want DVDs and hope she continues to produce them like she is!

I also have to say...this serious DOMS I have today is getting worse by the second, even in my inner thighs and hips. I'm thinking I'll have to take it easy today when I do work out...maybe some mindless steady-state cardio is in order!
Old 05-31-19, 04:09 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I also have to say...this serious DOMS I have today is getting worse by the second, even in my inner thighs and hips. I'm thinking I'll have to take it easy today when I do work out...maybe some mindless steady-state cardio is in order!
That's impressive! It's hard for me to have DOMS in my inner thighs! Wow!

I'm going to watch Mary's sales and hopefully Linda will have some sales on her dvds. Then I'm going to snatch some up!
Old 05-31-19, 04:45 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I saw that her Endurance downloads are on sale this week. $.99.
I couldn't find it... link please. From a Cathe fan, I would like to try her workouts...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endurance 100, linda wooldridge