Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-19, 12:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I got this 3-DVD set in Mary's last sale, and am also a little disappointed that these are definitely easier than her Endurance series, from the workouts I've done so far. They are Tonique-style but very light on the reps and intensity. I like the shorter workout times and that many of them are total body, but I have to add ankle weights and light hand weights to make them a little harder for me. If Linda's Endurance workouts are Tonique-lite, these are like beginner Tonique-lite.

While Linda does have TONS of workout DVDs, there is actually some overlap. A lot of the single series are sold on Amazon that are packaged on Mary's site as 3-DVD sets. For instance, the Cardio Sculpt 3-DVD set on Mary's site (https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bar...kou-p/1201.htm) can be purchased as three separate DVDs on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...gateway&sr=8-4, https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Body...r=8-1-fkmrnull, and https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...r=8-3-fkmrnull).

Most of her 3-DVD bundles are related material, and so you would probably want all three series, but occasionally I'm only interested in one series, so the Amazon DVD is a better purchase. Otherwise the 3-DVD sets are a better buy, they are basically buy 2 get 1 free. She is also starting to bundle some series into 3-DVD sets on Amazon that are not on Mary's. I recently purchased her 3-DVD slider set (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but haven't done it yet.

I second the recommendations for the Cardio Sculpt 3-DVD set, which is the most like Dream Body (but easier than DB), the Endurance 100-120 set, which is the most like Tonique with higher intensity (but easier than Tonique), and her Mix and Match box set, which has really great upper/lower/abs focused intense workouts, that can be easily mixed and matched. There is a whole GD thread about this one with raves, and well deserved. This is a great set.

A lot of her workout DVDs are not really total body that can fit into an hour (my preference as well) so I would watch out for that. A lot of her DVDs have really tough focused toning work for one muscle group, that can be 20 or 30 minutes or more per muscle. These are so tough, but I don't prefer to spend this long on one specific muscle group, like 30 minutes on just inner thighs.

Some of the total body DVDs that may not be your radar but can think of are 5-Day Fitmas (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Body...64&s=movies-tv), which is also for free on youtube, and Precision Training (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...r=1-1-fkmrnull). I purchased Precision Training because I loved the total body workout structure, and have only done the barre workout so far, but it was a little easier than I had expected.
This is so incredibly helpful (and enabling), thank you!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:23 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Taiga and Kittybug, thanks for the positive feedback and you're welcome!!

Taiga, I forgot to mention in my original post that I play my own music over Linda's workouts. Her music is light in the background, so it is easy to just play both at once. Having my own music makes the workouts more fun for me, and would also minimize her personality (as it does drown out her voice by playing music too), if you don't click with her.

In fact, I think I will get use out of Tone, Chisel & Sculpt because they can be good workout for short/lighter days, by getting the blood pumping but not overly hard, just energizing. With the Tonique flair they are more fun than other light total body workouts might be. And with the dynamic stretching, they should help rejuvenate your muscles between heavy weight work.

I love the idea of Stamina 50 but the workouts are just so long, and not total body. But I have to give them another look just to be sure! I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts when you try it!!
Old 05-22-19, 05:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

2 Lazy 4 Gym has a lot of reviews of Linda's workouts here:https://2lazy4gym.com/category/train...da-wooldridge/

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 10:21 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

So I went ahead and ordered the Endurance 100-120, Mix and Match, and Cardio Sculpt Fusion. They should be here next week with the upcoming holiday, and I can't wait! txhsmom, I love 2Lazy...her blog is such a resource! Thanks for pointing those out!
Old 05-23-19, 07:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
So I went ahead and ordered the Endurance 100-120, Mix and Match, and Cardio Sculpt Fusion. They should be here next week with the upcoming holiday, and I can't wait! txhsmom, I love 2Lazy...her blog is such a resource! Thanks for pointing those out!
Ooooh exciting! I hope you enjoy them! Report back after you've had a chance to try them!
Old 05-24-19, 10:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Ooooh exciting! I hope you enjoy them! Report back after you've had a chance to try them!
I will report back! I'll share this for now....today I had planned to do Cathe's Party Rockin' Step 1 for the first time, which for me meant I'd have a lot of slack-jaw staring at the television in a wondering-what-the-heck-she-is-doing learning curve. Because of that, I wanted to get in another workout ahead of time, just so I'd still feel like I got in a good workout. I chose to do Linda's YouTube Endurance 90 for the lower body since it gets rave reviews and was only about 40 minutes.

I have to say, I'm quite nervous now for those Endurance 100-120 workouts to arrive because she. kicked. my. booty! That was not easy! What I really loved about it though was I could feel it working those really hard to target muscles in the hips, which is exactly what I need to strengthen to further stabilize my SI/pelvic area (old evil injury). So I'm absolutely thrilled to be adding Linda's workouts into my routine now...though I'm still scared for those new ones to arrive, eek!!

And I still got through all of Party Rockin' Step 1 afterwards....though it was not pretty, and I had to rewind, a LOT, and I'm pretty sure my brain was on fire by the end!
Old 05-25-19, 06:44 AM  
Dabbadooey

What would you suggest are her beginner/intermediate workouts?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 08:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
What would you suggest are her beginner/intermediate workouts?
She has what's called a beginner 3 disk set here: https://smile.amazon.com/Barlates-Be...TN2X9Y1XN12TCC

And you'll find others if you search Amazon for "beginner Linda Wooldridge".

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 04:39 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

My DVDs finally arrived, and I had the chance to try out Endurance 120, 1+2=3 today. This brought up a few questions. You know, questions like, is she crazy? What is wrong with her? What is wrong with ME? What was I thinking? Am I going to make it through this?

And then I came to the understanding that oooooh, Linda is a robot, like a machine made to look human! Of course!! Everything made perfect sense after that and I stopped beating myself up about having to take so many breaks. In my defense, some of those breaks were to simply figure out what I was supposed to be doing with what leg. At least, that's what I keep telling myself!

That was a HARD workout for me! I had to go slower on some things and concentrate so hard to keep my form good because I'm always terrified of re-injuring my SI area. But man, that's such a unique and awesome killer way to work the body, without impact no less, without even any equipment.

I cannot imagine doing these types of workouts with any regularity and not building crazy strength and endurance! They really get into those areas that are hard to hit in more traditional types of workouts. I already feel soreness setting into my arms, shoulders, back, glutes, hamstrings, and I think I might be waking up tomorrow REALLY feeling it!

I'm going to have to re-think my weekly workouts. I typically do six days a week and most of those are Cathe. I was going to start adding in Linda once per week but now I'm thinking twice at least.
Old 05-30-19, 07:48 PM  
Fitstick

I am also trying to incorporate more of Linda’s workouts in my routine. They feel so hard compared to the Cathe workouts I love. I have the new endurance workouts but have not tried them yet... I hope they are doable. I have enjoyed some of Linda’s Fitmas and metabolic workouts, but some of her other workouts really kill me! I’m glad I’m not alone.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endurance 100, linda wooldridge