Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-19, 01:01 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Knees tweaky, more split workouts in my foreseeable future... need recommendations!

I'm seeing a physical therapist now for my once again (thrice again!) tweaked right knee. The PT routines are helping but this also means I have had to cut back on my beloved Lauren Brooks kettlebell workouts and pretty much anything with standing leg work interspersed or dedicated I've been spending 25 mins per day on my PT routine so I'm mostly doing upper body routines and lower body floorwork (mostly Margaret Richard, some FIRM and Winsor Pilates) lately -- my version of splits.

I have a sizable collection of KCM and Cathe among others to rotate through. I find myself using Cathe's older stuff for upper body splits -- Power Hour, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, MIS, Pyramid, even a shortened version of CTX segments and I need to revisit MIS. I have some of her newer stuff like Total Body Trisets and STS Total Body but just find they are too intimidating, too lengthy and/or too equipment heavy. Am I crazy or imagining things? I was doing CTX Upper Body Splits today and trimming some stuff (too many reps in some parts -- my triceps and biceps don't need that much attention) but still thought her weight recommendations were reasonable and previewing her newer stuff just makes me feel like a weakling! What else would you recommend I add to my collection without having to subscribe to streaming? (I have enough stuff that I'm not inclined to subscribe to anything right now, aside from checking out stuff on YouTube...) I think 30-40 mins is my sweet spot for any split routine. 45 mins is the absolute max.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 07:53 AM  
Tugger31

Have you considered Cathe's Timesaver premixes?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 08:21 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I would recommend Cathe:

Burn Sets
Ramped Up Upperbody
ICE Chiseled Upperbody
LITE Strong Body Stacked: Upper
LITE Pyramid Pump (upper body premix)

They're all 45 minutes or less plus they have lots of premixes to shorten them even more if needed.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with an injury! Hope you're feeling better soon!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 02:47 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the recommendations! It's time I did some serious trading to re-balance my collection. Did some research and found more premixes on Cathe DVDs that I should explore too Just posted my trade list on VF so I hope someone will take me up on it... Are there other places you'd suggest for selling or swapping?
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 04:54 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

You can sell at VF Roost on Facebook. You just have to go there and request to be a member of the group - I think.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe floorwork, cathe upper body, floor work, floorwork