Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-19, 11:52 AM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimere View Post
I like them when I can do them. Although I haven’t tried FIRE yet. It’s just I prefer AIO type workouts under 65 minutes. I am missing stretch and bounce. Although sometimes I struggle with her ab work because I don’t feel it.
I did the full 84 minute Fire DVD this morning. It could easily be split into two full body workouts. There is a 28-minute total body sculpt. Then the remaining segments could be done as a longer whole body workout coming around 53 minutes.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-19, 12:18 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I bought it from a sweet VFer on Roost (have to let her know I received it). Any suggested rotations? I saw only two on her website. I would like to incorporate them with kettlebells, if at all possible. Unless someone has other ideas. Would like to see how everyone has incorporated them into their schedules. Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-19, 10:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
I did the full 84 minute Fire DVD this morning. It could easily be split into two full body workouts. There is a 28-minute total body sculpt. Then the remaining segments could be done as a longer whole body workout coming around 53 minutes.
inspired by your post, i did the 28 min TBS workout today - this DVD was still sealed! ack!

it's a nice little workout with a lot of power. i'm good with the standing section - probably from all of my callanetics upbringing. the bridge moves on the floor were unique and intense.

Suzanne adds oomph to end each move with an 8-count hold and a contraction, and then a release.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 08:45 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I bought it from a sweet VFer on Roost (have to let her know I received it). Any suggested rotations? I saw only two on her website. I would like to incorporate them with kettlebells, if at all possible. Unless someone has other ideas. Would like to see how everyone has incorporated them into their schedules. Thanks!

Bubbles, I am not sure if these were the ones you were referring to, but she has a 4 week one that's pretty nice - she breaks it down to @40 minutes a day - and then a 28 day plan. https://suzannebowenfitness.com/blog...workout-plans/.

Also, I found some amazon reviews (lcube was one) awhile back that had descriptions of some of the DVDs, plus workout times. I copied them into a word document and use it for reference. Note these are *not* my words. I tried looking up the website/reviews to reference it, but can't find it again. I use these breakdowns to help me plan out rotations. Often I might add a section of legs, say, to a leg day if I have time.

BarreAmped

Strengthen & Stretch
Barre Power Stretch……23m
Advanced Active Stretch……28m
Lower Body Stretch…….20m
Upper Body Stretch…….12m
Relaxation Stretch…..13m
Bonus Ball Stretch……6m

Barre Amped Fire Extreme Sculpt (81 min total)

1) Total Body Sculpt (28 minutes): Some standing barre work (using light weights), some plank work and variations of tricep dips on the mat.

2) Thigh & Seat (17 minutes): Standing barre work followed by pretzels and some leg/glute lifts on all fours.

3) Abs Blast (13 minutes): Starts off with some standing ab work, followed by Suzanne's signature 'up and over' ab moves and supermans at the end.

4) Sleek & Toned Shoulders (11 minutes): Standing upper body work using light weights (Suzanne used 3 lbs and I found it sufficient and even heavy halfway through).

5) Relaxation Stretch (12 minutes): Nice long stretches on the mat, which I really appreciated after the intense workout.

Barre Amped Boot Camp (71 min)

Boot Camp Warm Up – 3 min:

Boot Camp Arm Work – 11 min: Each person is using different weights here – 1, 3, or 4 lbs. I used 3 lbs, and they were definitely getting heavy by the end! The first exercise works the front of the arm with variations of bicep curls. Next, work the shoulder by bending the arms in a 90 degree angle and doing exercises that move the shape of the arm within the shoulder. Then, you go into plié position and do lat pull downs. The back shoulder, upper middle back, and triceps are next while you hold a hinge over at the hips.
Boot Camp Thigh Work – 15 min: The first half of this segment focuses on plies. You do a few plies to warm up, then releve on one side and do holds and pulses before the first cardio interval. Lunges are next with full range, pulses, holds, and heel lifts. The cardio for this one is a lunge kick, followed by lunge twists.

Boot Camp Seat Work – 14 min: Lunge overs are first with all the variations and some cardio. Variations are straight leg, bent leg, wrap around (little circles), and up and out. The last exercise is curtsy lunges, slow and fast.

Boot Camp Core – 18 min: Warm ups and stretches are first, followed by full plank - bending the elbows, then the knees. Forearm planks are next, with forward and back shimmies, then alternating knees down. Next, you do side planks with hip lifts. Then you repeat it all on the other side. Cardio for this one is mountain climbers – yikes! Next is down dog to up dog, followed by more mountain climbers. Then you go into bicycles and bridge.

Boot Camp Stretch – 10 min: I love to stretch, so I always enjoy this part. Side stretches, pretzel, triangle, and repeat on the other side. You end with cobbler stretch.

BarreAmped (71 min)
Light Weight Work (upper body) : 9 min - Suzanne recommends weights between 1-3 lbs (I'm using my 1.5 lb walking weights for now). The modifier is demonstrating weightless. First is front shoulder work with lifts, flutters (little bends and stretches), and circles. Next is middle shoulder, lifts, flutters, and circles. Middle back is next. Next you hinge over and work the rear shoulder. The flutters on this one are pretty intense! Last, keeping the hinge, you work the triceps behind you. I usually hate working my triceps, but I like this exercise better than most.

Thigh Work: 14 min - Grab a chair for this one. You start with 2nd position (wide plié) with little pulses. Next you lift one heel and work each side with pulses down and up before lifting both heels and pulsing. Then you shimmy (go side to side) before lifting hips to ribs. Next is V-position with forward leg lifts, rotations, and flutters. The next position is parallel, then you lower to really work the thighs. The last exercises starts with narrow V position with a releve, then you tuck and untuck, working your abs and back. From the high V, you circle your hips. Last, you do a "water ski" position - leaning back a little and tucking your pelvis.

Seat Work: 19 min - This segment starts with rear leg lifts, first with toes on the floor, then lifting, then flexing the heel and pointing the heel. The standing leg really starts to burn on this one. Then you bend the knee, and bend and straighten, and do circles with the knee bent.. Next, you go down to the floor for pretzel

Mat Work: 16 min - You start this one holding plank position. Then, with arms wider, you do pushups. Next is forearm planks with hip drops, followed by side planks. The next exercise is reverse pushup for the back of the arms. The curl is next.

Stretch: 13 min - Suzanne is alone on this one. You start with hip stretches, runners lunge, then stretch the back of the opposite leg. Next you go from plank into pigeon. Then you sit cross-legged while stretching the neck. Next you stretch your shoulders and triceps, followed by a chest stretch. You end in cobbler stretch, or butterfly. Advanced option is to sit angular on the mat.

Barre Amped Cardio Fat Burn (74 min)

2-minute warm-up
extreme cardio fat burn (26 min)
cardio sculpt (17 min)
cardio core (17 min)
12-minute cool-down stretch
Old 02-18-19, 01:45 PM  
bubbles76

Stephanie, thanks so much for the breakdowns!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barreamped, pretzel, suzanne bowen, unique