Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-18, 10:48 AM  
Izzy

Season 8 is my favorite mostly because it’s intensity is a little higher. I gifted it to my brother and just bought it again at the sale. I don’t know why really, I just enjoy this season the most.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 11:21 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've always wondered, are you supposed to do the episodes in a certain order, or does it not matter? Also, are they supposed to be done every day?
Old 12-30-18, 04:26 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Can someone answer me this, is the count for each side even? (say she does 10 on one side, she does 10 on the other) TIA!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 05:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I've always wondered, are you supposed to do the episodes in a certain order, or does it not matter? Also, are they supposed to be done every day?
Essentrics does post 30 day challenges and there are several listed on their streaming site. I tend to rotate on my own when I'm not teaching classes. I like to alternate a standing strength total body with ones with floorwork and barre.

If you're adding in CS/Ess into your other workouts, think about what kind of workout you need. If it is recovery, flexibility, or pain relief those are the kinds of workouts you should include either stand alone or episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Can someone answer me this, is the count for each side even? (say she does 10 on one side, she does 10 on the other) TIA
Denise
Ha ha Miranda is notorious for uneven counting. I think she's gotten better, and the workouts with the newer instructors are pretty even.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 05:53 PM  
DCW

I have some episodes especially marked to do the day after boot camp, raking leaves, yard work, etc. So I do rotate.

When I started CS I did the episodes in order and wrote notes with each one. (Thanks Jackie). Later on, it helped immensely. I also check out and try others favourite episodes.

Jackie got me hooked on Stretch and Strength in Motion.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 04:05 PM  
daisymae

I thought I was going to have to wait for my order to come from Canada but it shipped from PA!
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, miranda esmonde-white, season 8