Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-18, 02:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Kathy, you say you use the Annie Carpenter set the most. Is that included in the streaming? I am thinking of trying the streaming as they have three months for the price of two right now but when I clicked on Programs, the Annie Carpenter was not on there.

ETA It doesn’t look like there is any content including classes from Annie Carpenter on their streaming service even though she is listed as an instructor. I would rather not buy a multi disk set that I might not use so would like to try it through streaming. It does look like a good set though.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-18, 05:52 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Annie Carpenter Streaming

Udaya.com has a 3 month gift membership that I am currently trying.
The gift membership is the enhanced membership.
This membership includes: Streaming access to UDAYA’s PROGRAMS
It appears that Annie Carpenter's program is only available on DVD so no matter which streaming option is chosen it cannot be accessed.
I went to the Udaya 'shop' tab and programs that are shown as 'online' can be accessed with the enhanced membership.
Old 12-28-18, 10:02 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Thank you for these recommendations! I need more yoga in my life, but I can’t take endless sun salutations. I think I will order the Udaya set with Annie. It looks great!
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 01:07 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks kathym. That’s what I thought. I am thinking about the streaming because lately my body is feeling a bit beat up from lifting. Maybe I should switch to some yoga that will also build strength. I really wanted to try the Annie Carpenter before investing in her set though. I might just try some of Vytas’ practices that are free before going for the streaming.
Old 12-28-18, 01:10 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Thanks kathym. That’s what I thought. I am thinking about the streaming because lately my body is feeling a bit beat up from lifting. Maybe I should switch to some yoga that will also build strength. I really wanted to try the Annie Carpenter before investing in her set though. I might just try some of Vytas’ practices that are free before going for the streaming.

There is a short practice of hers on you tube :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdiREWoee_4

I know that is not the same as seeing her full practices, though.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 01:38 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry! I will go try it now. I finished my gym workout and feel like I need a stretch. Getting old and creaky!
Old 12-28-18, 04:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The Annie Carpenter one was decent. I found another short clip where she is teaching a class and going over form pointers which I found helpful.

The free classes on udaya were not what I was looking for. A restorative practice and others that I was not interested in (too long and/or too advanced)

However I found a few videos on YouTube with Vytas and the one I did (Detox-I hate that word!) was very good so I think I am going to do a 3 month subscription to Udaya. I will probably start with Vytas' Find your Practice and see if I can progress to Deepen Your Practice. If I like it I can always buy the set.
Old 12-28-18, 05:05 PM  
warriorprincess

I lean toward easy yoga too. I love Erich Schiffman and Rodney Yee the most. They have poetic, melodious voices and great background music.

I do Paul Grilley's Yin Yoga a lot too. There's something about how he drones on and on about the intricacies of the pose that helps give me the patience to focus and hold them for long periods of time. It's the best workout I have for improving flexibility.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 05:06 PM  
sherry7899

Annie Carpenter looks like a lovely instructor, but I just find that I don't use the Udaya sets very often. The practices are just too long for me. I wish they'd come out with a set of thirty minute practices. I know Travis did release one, but I think they are too advanced for me, and they were streaming only (I think?)

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 01:04 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sherry, the length of the practices is a big reason I am not buying the Annie Carpenter set at least not now. I did a few of Vytas’ shorter YouTube videos and liked them a lot but I don’t know if I will do one hour at a time. It depends what I decide to do in the way of strength going forward. I just finished a weights program called Bedrock Strength that was for the most part good but the second phase is not different enough exercise wise for me to want to continue. I printed out Phase 4 of Nia Shanks’ program that I was doing before Bedrock Strength but my body feels kind of beat up and I need a break from lifting. Which is why I am considering the streaming Udaya subscription. I can do the programs which like you mentioned seem to be mostly 1 hr long per session or just do the classes on the site that are various lengths. I also would do Pilates as I got some new DVDs from my Secret Santa and have others. Pilates to me is kind of boring but I find it helps my back.

Tags
deepen your practice, donna helm yost, slow yoga, yin yoga