Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-18, 11:45 AM  
TinaT

First Workout with my Jumpsport.

Last night I was like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to come. I got up bright and early ready to take this new piece of equipment on ... and I did! I've always had pretty good balance and also use the Simply Fit Board, so getting used to the surface wasn't too bad.

What I didn't expect was how fast my HR climbed. Oh my.. did it! Here is the first workout I tried with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f90f8P-Ktk 20 minutes. The bar came with my purchase and I am thankful. I definitely modified at my own pace and sometimes didn't do the upper boby moves. When she was doing double time, I did single. I was amazed at how much I burned in 20 mins compared to my traditional workouts. On average I would burn appx 115 calories in this time frame. I burned 190 using the rebounder. I will need to stick with short routines for now, but it was fun and the time flew by.

I am really anxious to try SanFrans weighted workouts with the rebounder. This gal is in amazing cardiovascular shape. She talks as if she were standing still. I really like her personality and she offers a variety of routines and time frames.

Thanks for letting me share.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 06:51 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

So glad you are enjoying your jumpsport. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-14-18, 07:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Congrats on your new JumpSport. Linda Wooldridge has 3 full length new bounce workouts on youtube. Here is a link to the first one she posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVrh...p&index=6&t=0s

These will be a set of 4 that will be released on DVDs.
Old 06-14-18, 08:26 PM  
katmom

I might have to purchase Linda’s rebounder DVD’s. I had planned to stream a rebounder workout this morning and apparently my router needed rebooting, but I did not figure this out until I had wasted 10 minutes on other debugging attempts. I ended up rebounding with Kelly’s Home Gym Intervals.
Old 06-15-18, 09:19 AM  
TinaT

Anyone use walking workouts with their rebounder? I feel like I could do a pedal jog on the rebounder instead of walking. Especially those with scenery. Like this one:

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/A-D...lli-p/1249.htm

What walking workouts should I check out?

TIA ~

ETA: Wow... I just previewed the majority of the Virtual Walking dvds and I must say, they are beautiful! I might just have to use my GC at TF and pick a few. To jog on the Rebounder to this kind of scenery sounds wonderful.
Old 06-15-18, 10:09 AM  
sherry7899

Tina, I am glad you are enjoying it.

You may want to wait on the walking dvds. Mary usually marks them down during her sales.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 11:04 AM  
TinaT

Sherry ~ Do we know when her next sale is? I put several on my WL, but won't make a purchase right away.
Old 06-15-18, 11:45 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

That 1st workout you posted was a doozy, but man her rebounder is tiny. I'd be scared of falling thru the spring and breaking an ankle!

I've done walking dvds on the rebounder a lot, and end up jogging and otherwise modifying some of the steps. It makes them a lot more fun, IMO, and does get your heart rate boosted.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 11:49 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Sherry ~ Do we know when her next sale is? I put several on my WL, but won't make a purchase right away.

I do not know if she is having one for July fourth or not. I can ask.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 12:11 PM  
TinaT

This was on Youtube so I tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGsukAcmmw0

I really enjoyed it and like glavtx said, this kind of video doesn't get me into the danger zone with my HR. I was able to keep it in the zone for most of it. I never walked. I did everything possible to get used to the surface, at my pace, using my arms etc. It was very pleasant.

I thought I would only do 20 of the 30 minutes, but ended up doing all of it. Time flew by.

Tags
jumpsport, jumpsport bungee workouts, linda wooldridge