Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-18, 08:28 AM  
Izzy

My favorite Essentrics are; Class 2012, Full Body Toning, Arms, Abs, Waist workout, and Strength and Stretch in motion. The newest BSS2 is right up there as well.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 08:39 AM  
Exercise Diva

Strength and Stretch
Full Body Toning
Body Sculpting
Class of 2012

I really love them all - Barre workout is probably my least favorite but I think it's more that I just don't reach for that one very much and as a result haven't done it very much.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 10:21 AM  
prettyinpink

I have all Sahra’s DVDs and a few older ones plus BSS2 and seasons 6,8,10.

My favorites are BSS2, Full Body Toning, BSS1, and two older Classical Stretch: Express and Arms/Abs Legs/Butt.

I like the seasons episodes to add on at the end of another workout. Since I don’t do them regularly and don’t take notes on them, each one is like a little surprise and feels kind of like taking a class where I don’t know exactly what I’m going to get.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 10:40 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I just ordered the 8 pack bundle and the stretch dvd. I want to incorporate these almost daily. I am also hoping they help with "wonky" shoulders and the fascia in my legs.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 01:38 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I just ordered the 8 pack bundle and the stretch dvd. I want to incorporate these almost daily. I am also hoping they help with "wonky" shoulders and the fascia in my legs.
I hope you love the dvds and get a lot of use out of them!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 05:59 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I'm going to have an extra brand new copy of Essentrics Body Sculpting 2 that I'll put on trade list. Trading that plus Nicki Doane's 3 dvd yoga set together. I will be looking for Namaste Yoga season 4 or 3.

Thanks everyone for your help on the Essentrics workouts. I can't wait!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 05-12-18, 05:07 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOhCt48zkU how essentrics work

Old 05-14-18, 08:48 AM  
boundingaway

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could chime in and tell me how an 'in person' class differs from one of the Body Sculpting 2 workouts on DVD? Would the live class be longer? What else might it contain?

I'm just loving these workouts and would really prefer to learn the technique in person, but there are no local Essentrics/Classical Stretch classes that I can find in my area.
Old 05-15-18, 06:21 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I have done all 3 on BS2 and my favorite was the one I did this morning, Total Core, Leg & Butt with Meg Feeney. 30 minutes and I was sweating buckets. I can't wait to get my bundle! So far I'm in

Old 05-15-18, 07:56 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
Hi, I'm wondering if someone could chime in and tell me how an 'in person' class differs from one of the Body Sculpting 2 workouts on DVD? Would the live class be longer? What else might it contain?

I'm just loving these workouts and would really prefer to learn the technique in person, but there are no local Essentrics/Classical Stretch classes that I can find in my area.
All of the classes I teach presently are an hour....regular Essentrics. I do know that some instructors offer shorter classes in office settings. I'll be doing Relax/Release/Restore in August at a senior center and that will be a half hour.

After years of doing these workouts at home, going to a live class was just a treat. I loved the updated music and interaction with people in the class.

I do "Essentrics 101" before class and talk about neutral C, foot and knee placement for plies, and keeping the pelvis tucked under whenever your arm is in front.

During class, if I see form that is "off" I will say things like "keep your knees bent" or whatever....but I don't call people out. I need to get to a point where I can correct individuals in class...right now that is for before or questions after class. I'm doing a form clinic this fall (no charge).

Live classes are more challenging..I think in part due to the length of class but also that group mentality of just working harder with other people.

I'm going to go to Montreal this summer....so excited to visit the Essentrics Studio! I'll report back...I've heard they are kick butt classes!!

ETA---I'm in MN and have an open door policy for VFers to come to class with me anytime...no charge.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white, sahra esmonde-white, season 11