Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-18, 08:35 PM  
Pam

I did his full workout. I like it and it fits my schedule, as I like to do one full total body workout a week and a 2nd workout for each upper and lower body and 2 additional ones for the core.

I can ignore his comments about ladies weights, etc. just like I ignore comments about bikini bodies and sexy legs are women’s reason for working out.
Old 01-15-18, 07:44 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies. I don't ignore "bikini body" talk and actively avoid exercise resources that use it, but I don't find your descriptions of his use of "ladies' weights" relatively horrible.

My sense from your responses is that he wasn't being especially condescending or extremely stereotypical, and he did have in mind the practical matter of choosing appropriate weights--instead of assuming that no woman can lift as much as a man can, telling women that they shouldn't lift as much as a man does, or even assuming too much about what a man can do (such that, for example, a male user's "manliness" would be defined by his using Men's Weights).

I'll still prefer what Sue B calls "Cathe's more gender neutral approach," though, and he still uses "bingo wings."
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 07:30 AM  
IceQueen07

I know this is an older thread, but just saw this on Amazon, is it worth the $8.99 for it? I have been doing Liift4 and some Body Beast. Looking for some heavy weight workouts.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 09:14 AM  
Pam

I didn’t realize at first this was an old thread and I was excited that he was coming out with another DVD. LOL

I have done the DVD a number of times, definitely a keeper for me. For the sale price it’s a good buy! Great weight workout!
Old 12-28-18, 11:24 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Funny that this came up again as I was just about to buy the DVD from Mary's sale! This is one of very few weight workouts I still do at home when I can't get to the gym. Love that it is slow and you can go heavy.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 12:10 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but just saw this on Amazon, is it worth the $8.99 for it? I have been doing Liift4 and some Body Beast. Looking for some heavy weight workouts.
Yes, this is a great complement to LIIFT4! To me it's a similar feel to LIIFT4 but the workout is total-body instead of splits. IIRC the total-body weight workout is 39 minutes, and you can add a short HIIT chapter or a few others if you like. $8.99 is a great price for this gem.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 12:41 PM  
Lori_Michigan

OLD THREAD ALERT!!!

I did this one over the weekend, and LOVED it!

First, his voice and physique. WOW.

Second, this is one of the most comprehensive and complete workouts that I've done in a long time. I kept it all low impact and kept the weights lighter than his (obviously!) but wow, I'm still sore a few days later. I did the core and the 30 min weight workout and cool down/stretch (so I think it was around 50 mins total) and I was a sweaty mess. I can't recommend this one enough!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 05:23 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT!!!

I did this one over the weekend, and LOVED it!
I like this DVD, too. Picked it up in 2019 as part of one of Mary’s sales. I have never done it all the way through, mainly combining individual workouts depending on what I wanted to accomplish. It is very thorough in what it covers, and the pace is good, especially for the strength and core work.

Thanks for the reminder. I will pull this out this week!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 06:15 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i had hair like that. never saw it on a dude before, though.

he actually looks younger now for some reason!

price is great for what you get.
Thanks for posting this, I can’t stop laughing
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 10:19 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

The 30 minute total body workout on this dvd is a favorite of mine. I did it yesterday and was a sweaty mess when it was over.

Tags
aging, get fit at 40+, heavy weight training, james crossley, senior strength training, slow weights