Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-17, 07:54 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
I have been working out since 1981. I started with Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith. I used theirs for years, then discovered the Firm, then Cathe. Cathe has been my "go to" since around 1993 or 1994. I have never taken more than a few days off a week. For the past "25" years, I have worked out for 5-6 days per week.

I don't know if I have any "results". I am on the low end of normal in weight (have stayed the same weight since 9th grade), bloodwork and vitals are good. I guess my results are that I feel better than I ever thought I would at 58.....but I know that can change at any day at my age

Linda
Hehe, we have the same history

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:13 AM  
deineira

I have been working out since I was 12 or so, and have always been fairly consistent in being active. Cathe is probably my longest used instructor, and I did her workouts with Kathy Smith and Jane Fonda for about 10 years. During that time my results varied, because it's really more about diet for me, but at my current age of 43, I'm in good cardiovascular health, have excellent vital readings and carry a reasonable weight. I am not thin by any means, but I am definitely more fit than others. Different workouts have given me different results over the years. Cathe keeps me relatively toned, but a bit on the bigger side. Other workouts I've done more recently like ART and HDM make me a little smaller, but I always miss my athletic Cathe workouts and go back to them here and there.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:23 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
All these responses are very inspiring! Consistency is what I struggle with, so your stories are motivating
I was going to write the same thing!!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Reading more posts made me realize that I've also been a gym member consistently for most of my life! My first membership was in 1975, a Jack LaLanne studio in lower Manhattan. It had the jiggly machines and wooden barrel things that "broke up cellulite." In 1980 I joined a Nautilus club, then after relocating here 35 years ago I started at Gloria Stevens, the onto Fitness Unlimited, the local Y, World Gym (that was the BEST), Workout World, and now Planet Fitness. The last five years I do mostly home workouts though.

I don't look I'd planned to, but I can get up from the floor, change the office water cooler bottle, do a shoulder stand and a plow pose, touch my toes, squat butt to heels, and all the vital signs (BP, cholesterol, etc.) get raves from my doctors. Most importantly I know what helps me manage arthritis and back pain.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 09:51 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
hehe, we have the same history
😊😊
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 10:36 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I started working out after the birth of my daughter who will be 34 yrs. old next month.

In the beginning, I loved doing group classes (step, circuit, weights) and using the equipment at a gym.

Then I discovered the clamshell FIRMs and started working out at home, too in the mid 1990's. After I found Cathe in 1998 (Maximum Intensity Strength was my first Cathe from Collage Video!) I mainly worked out at home.

When I turned 38, I started running (after my husband dared me to run but I thought I couldn't do it, lol) and ran 5k, 10k, and 5 mile races for four years. Then I ran my first half marathon and marathon at the age of 42 and I was hooked, lol! I ran like Forrest Gump for 10 years and cross-trained using dvds.

For the last couple of years, I stopped running and just used dvds or streaming for workouts. I've recently started running again and still workout first thing every morning.

Working out and running is my salvation from stress! I love every minute of it and when I'm not working out, I'm reading about it (and planning my next rotation or training plan for a race). It has been such a HUGE part of my life for last almost 34 years.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 10:44 AM  
cindyw75

I have been consistently working out for 4 years by doing a variety of workouts (light weights, heavy weights, yoga, pilates, HIIT, steady state cardio, barre, mat work). My results were that I stay motivated to keep working out, I don't get the burnout I used to get which would make me quit. I've lost 15-20 lbs, and my body is much tighter. I've never felt better about myself.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 10:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I started working out consistently when I was 17 years old. By consistently I mean at least 3 times per week, and most weeks 4-5 times. First it was gyms and health clubs and then VHS/DVDs at home. I can think of only a handful of times when I went without working out for a week or more. Exercising is just about the only thing I've been really consistent about in my life. I enjoy moving my body and like the way I feel after a good workout. Keeps me healthy too!
Old 12-18-17, 12:14 PM  
Ann1964

I have bought non-stop dvds and make rotations I never complete since 1990
ha
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 12:25 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
I have bought non-stop dvds and make rotations I never complete since 1990
ha
Love it!