Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-17, 09:35 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
UPDATE TO OLD THREAD:

I was toying with the idea of doing a trial run of Beachbody On Demand to access the Week of Hard Labor workouts when they are available. BUT I just watched the promo clip and Sagi drops the f-bomb ("Beast Mode is in the f**ing house!") while he does chest presses. Charming. Don't think I need to listen to THAT when I work out.

I hope this is a one-off and not Carl Daikeler/Beachbody's idea to appeal to millenials.
I just did the first workout from the "Week of Hard Labor" with Sagi. He didn't say the "f" word but said "friggin" so technically not the f-bomb, I think....lol.

The first workout was Chest/Back which is 44 minutes. Equipment needed: three sets of weights (light, heavy, super heavy) and an optional bench (can sub a stability ball) and a pull up bar (or can sub bands). Here's what I remember:

Set 1 - Chest press with a twist and a one dumbbell pullover - sets of 10 (light) - 8 (heavy) - 6 (super heavy) and a drop set at the end of (6) using your heavy weights.

Set 2 - Alternating chest press (left, right, both together) and one arm row - sets of 10 (light) - 8 (heavy) - 6 (super heavy) and a drop set at the end of (6) using your heavy weights but the one arm row is always (10) reps with your super heavy weight.

Giant Set 3 - close grip chest press/pushups/pullups/bent over back flies - same concept as other sets but the amount of reps varied.

Forced Set 4: Close grip chest press/chin-ups/reverse fly.

Overall feelings: A good solid weight workout if you go heavy as possible for each set. There weren't really any rests per say but instead Sagi just demonstrated a long time or talked, lol! His demeanor was similar to Hammer and Chisel and not like Body Beast so pretty tame, lol. There are two background exercisers, a male and a female. The female is using a stability ball (instead of a weight bench) and bands (instead of a pull up bar).

I'm looking forward to the other four workouts this week!

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 09:41 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I just did the first workout from the "Week of Hard Labor" with Sagi. He didn't say the "f" word but said "friggin" so technically not the f-bomb, I think....lol.

The first workout was chest/back. Here's what I remember:

Set 1 - Chest press with a twist and a one dumbbell pullover - sets of 10 (light) - 8 (heavy) - 6 (super heavy) and a drop set at the end of (6) using your heavy weights.

Set 2 - Alternating chest press (left, right, both together) and one arm row - sets of 10 (light) - 8 (heavy) - 6 (super heavy) and a drop set at the end of (6) using your heavy weights but the one arm row is always (10) reps with your super heavy weight.

Giant Set 3 - close grip chest press/pushups/pullups/bent over back flies - same concept as other sets but the amount of reps varied and he left out the third set of pushups.

Overall feelings: A good solid weight workout if you go heavy as possible for each set. There weren't really any rests per say but instead Sagi just demonstrated a long time or talked, lol! His demeanor was similar to Hammer and Chisel and not like Body Beast so pretty tame, lol. There are two background exercisers, a male and a female. The female is using a stability ball (instead of a weight bench) and bands (instead of a pull up bar).

I'm looking forward to the other four workouts this week!

Kathy
Man does he like to TALK! There was so much time between sets. That being said, I think I could have lifted heavier and I certainly would have needed the rest more. Are there workout sheets do you know? I meant to check, but since it is few moves done in sets it's very easy to transcribe to a paper workout and not even deal with Sagi. He didn't bother me really, but during the moves I was working so hard I didn't notice. I also snapped my first resistance band! Thankfully it didn't hit me so I am unhurt.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 10:13 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Man does he like to TALK! There was so much time between sets. That being said, I think I could have lifted heavier and I certainly would have needed the rest more. Are there workout sheets do you know? I meant to check, but since it is few moves done in sets it's very easy to transcribe to a paper workout and not even deal with Sagi. He didn't bother me really, but during the moves I was working so hard I didn't notice. I also snapped my first resistance band! Thankfully it didn't hit me so I am unhurt.
Lol! Yep, the next time I do it, I'm going to fast forward 30 seconds after each set to save some time. I don't think there are any sheets yet for it. I agree, you can probably type up some sheets to go along with it (or use instead) pretty easy.

Oh my! I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself!!!! I bought some Bodylastics bands a few years ago because I'm so afraid of this happening!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-05-17, 10:39 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

KathyG and Momofcha/Sue, thanks for your feedback. I was going to start a new thread asking for impressions/reviews. Keep 'em coming for the rest of the workouts, please!

Good to know it's not the real f-bomb...it got bleeped, I was lip-reading and I thought it was f*ing, not freaking or frigging.

I started Body Beast again last week and Sagi's chatter is getting on my nerves a little more this go-round than last time. Sounds like he holds true to form for Week of Hard Labor.

After Senator Harry Reid had that resistance-band injury to his eye, I invested in the covered FitCord bands, the ones that look like giant scrunchies.
Old 09-05-17, 10:48 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I came back to add that I joined the "Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi" Facebook group. There's a person who uploaded a GREAT Body Beast Excel spreadsheet with all the Body Beast workouts and has started adding in the "Hard Labor" workouts.

ETA: Someone else is doing a PDF version of the Week of Hard Labor workouts also in the same Facebook group.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-05-17, 11:33 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I know NOTHING about this. Sooooo out of the loop I don't even tried Hamel and Chisel. Maybe I saved my money with that one.

I like Sagi's workouts. Looking for reviews once is released.
I couldn't stand Sagi in Body Beast. I subscribed to BOD and have tried a few of his "Hammer" workouts and his BOD exclusives. I really like these. He is more calm and professional in the newer workouts.

I'm previewing the first WOHL workout right now.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 11:41 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I came back to add that I joined the "Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi" Facebook group. There's a person who uploaded a GREAT Body Beast Excel spreadsheet with all the Body Beast workouts and has started adding in the "Hard Labor" workouts.

ETA: Someone else is doing a PDF version of the Week of Hard Labor workouts also in the same Facebook group.

Kathy
Hey Katty! Please send me the group link

I'll love to obtain the paper version of the new workouts. The routine you posted looks fantastic. Starting at 10 and finishing at 6 will be a nice change of pace.
Old 09-05-17, 11:48 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post

I started Body Beast again last week and Sagi's chatter is getting on my nerves a little more this go-round than last time. Sounds like he holds true to form for Week of Hard Labor.
When I did BB, I pretended that I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit while working out. For some reason, that made the chatter seem more humorous and less annoying

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 12:02 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I totally loved this new workout. Sagi doesn't bother me at all. I'm kind of tired of the HIIT types, I need heavy weights. This will be just perfect for me. I'm very happy.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 01:06 PM  
horusosiris

The first day of A Week of Hard Labor - Chest and Back was perfect. I am a fan of Sagi and his demeanor does not bother me in the least. I do realize that we are all so different in our likes and disilikes of instructors. I think I am really going to like this series!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, body beast, sagi, sagi kalev, week of hard labor