Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-17, 08:17 AM  
ElisaB

Booty Barre (and barre in general) — rotations and body shapes

I have just received my Booty Barre Beginners & Beyond DVD, and I'm super excited!

Though I have to admit that the recent thread about barre giving people larger thighs has me ever so slightly nervous I already have trouble slimming my thunder thighs, the last thing I want is putting in work only to have them less jiggly but still large

I am an endomorph and I am fully ok with being on the curvy side, I just would like to define my shape a bit more — I'm overweight so I want to lose inches, but I'm not shooting for an unrealistic body shape for my genetics or anything.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if I can alternate Booty Barre with strength days or strength circuits — for instance, Sculpt/Tone 30 from Turbo Fire, or a kettlebell workout from Tone It Up, or one of these.

My idea was to do 3 days Booty Barre, 3 days short strength workouts, 1 day active rest (yoga and/or something with the family: long walk, short hike, maybe some rollerblading)

Thoughts on this type of rotation? I know I'd lose fat faster if I included HIIT, but I'm recovering from Chronic Fatigue so I always have to watch out for burnout and right now I feel like gentler workouts are a better fit.

Also, I'd like to hear from any endomorphs who might have experience with Booty Barre or other barre workouts — what changes did you notice, and what kind of routine were you following?

TIA for your input

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 10:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in your past experience, what sorts of rotations/styles of working out gave you the best results in line with what you're looking for?

i have an idea of what to suggest, but i'm curious how your body responded to different regimens in your past.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 11:19 AM  
ElisaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
in your past experience, what sorts of rotations/styles of working out gave you the best results in line with what you're looking for?

i have an idea of what to suggest, but i'm curious how your body responded to different regimens in your past.
It was a rotation I cannot do right now, because I don't have access to a gym membership and I have a lower tolerance for high-intensity workouts.

My question about the rotation was also because I always heard that you should wait at least 24 hours before working the same muscles again, but things seem to have changed in recent years if you are not lifting heavy. In fact, even if you are, sometimes — the girls from Base Body Babes say that they lift heavy every other day and do weighted circuits in between.

So I guess my question is: is it ok to follow strength circuits/AWT with light/moderate weight and then barre (light/no weights)?

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre and strength, booty barre, endomorph