Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-17, 07:19 AM  
Rhonda

This is awesome, so glad to have started this thread.

I took live classes last summer at work, my first time and I really enjoyed it. They were Tues/Thurs during lunch. Now I have a new job and different building so don't get to take them anymore.

I am all DVDs, we don't have decent enough internet to stream.

So hoping to get in a practice today after work. With all this talk, it is making me want to really start up my practice again.

I do feel better when I am consistent with it.

I have a few Raviana DVDs and I actually reacquired them because I thought I could get into the kundalini style but it isn't for me, so if anyone is interested i can list them here next week, as I don't get on the computer on weekends.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 08:05 AM  
PhyllisG

I too prefer Hatha yoga but lately I have been mixing it up with Vinyasa yoga.
Right now I am dong Callenetics for half hour and then a half hour of yoga back to back. Sara Ivanhoe, Tamal Dodge, Namaste Yoga have been my go to's currently. On the weekend I plan on skipping Callenetics and doing a longer yoga practice.
I have 2 Yin yoga DVDs on their way. Looking forward to trying these.
I have not gotten involved with kundalini yoga tho I do have the newer one for each day of the week and will commit to trying it for a week next month. I am not a Fan of Raviana . Tried a few but not for me.
Two new favorites are Hala Khouri Yoga for Stress Relief ....I love this practice...and Saraswati River Tradition.
I loaned my Rainbeau Mars DVDs and I plan on asking for them back. Haven't used them in years but I love the music.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 09:39 AM  
Izzy

I agree, thank you for starting this thread.

Also, thank you for the feedback and suggestions on Yin Yoga, both the dvd and streaming suggestions. They are very helpful and I plan to check them out.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 09:56 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pam, ((waves))--I am always stealing from your YT playlists!
I might be as well! It's wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 04:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paul Grilley's Yin Yoga has been mentioned on this thread--do people who have it really like this one? I am thinking of purchasing. I don't mind extra chatter--I'm a new yoga teacher, so I want to learn from him! But I want good practices, too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 04:27 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Can't speak for Grilley's yin DVD, but this array of bone photos from his website is amazing. I think everyone who is serious about yoga as a student and as a teacher should check these out.

The reason why people cannot do certain yoga poses is because their skeletal anatomy precludes it. Yoga cannot change one's bone structure. These photos helped me a lot when I was teaching and it helps to keep them in mind while I practice. Sometimes people think that they "should" be able to do certain poses, and try to force themselves into a posture that their skeletal anatomy just isn't built for.

I was particularly struck by the pelvic bones and the ball and socket of the hip joint, but they are all really interesting.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 04:50 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

This just in from Ravi and Ana's email newsletter:

"Happy February everyone! Whew! It's been a busy 2017 thus far! We have finished our book prep FINALLY! And it will be on the way to the printer within the next two weeks. It's quite a big book and some people close to the project suggested we make it two volumes but we opted for making sure you have everything you need in just the one volume. It's full of information, inspiration, fabulous kriyas, history, alignment tips and more. Everything Kundalini you need to know to for a life well lived and a destiny delivered! Watch future newsletters for more information on release date, etc...

We have also begun planning to film new workouts. With the book and new media-get ready for a new stream of inspiration coming your way soon! Let's all keep up together in 2017 and beyond!"

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:26 PM  
Titus2woman

I have NOT been doing yoga regularly and miss it very much. I started years ago with Karen Voight, moved into "Inhale", and then fell in love with Kurt Johnsen. I am sharing, because I'd love your advice on practicing yoga with mesh hernia repair that may or may not be intact. TIA!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

This is the GREATEST thread to read! I'm so glad to see so many people practicing!
I've been practicing Yoga since 2003. I was supremely blessed last March to leave a real negative job and obtain one where I can work from home! Now I can practice Yoga every day since I'm home at lunchtime.

Yoga is a major savior for me! It makes me a better person, I can handle stress much better (try living with a Vietnam veteran!) and I'm hoping that my calmness and Metta spreads to others around me.
I have also been meditating every day now too. I am up to 328 consecutive days and that also helps with daily life.

You all just keep going!! One day at a time. Even if it's only 10-15 minutes! It's so much better to try to fit in a shorter daily practice than a long one only once or twice a week. You can do it!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 06:00 PM  
PhyllisG

Yoga related. I ordered Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga on the Edge quite a while ago, was charged to my cc but never received it. Sent 3 or 4 emails but no response. I disputed the charge. I managed to email Sara personally finally and I got a really nice apology and. Promise of an extra DVD. Well today I received Yoga on the Edge and Sara's Yoga Makeover series plus a Really nice handwritten letter from Sara. Called my cc company and had the charge reversed back to Sara's account.
Today I watched Women of Bhakti.....Sara is in it. Coincidence or synchronicity?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy weintraub, biff mithoefer, legs up the wall, namaste yoga, nirvair, yoga, yoga audios