Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-17, 09:38 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have the worst time with streaming where I live in MN. I subscribed again to ETV since there are some new workouts. There I am upstairs doing the warm up and it freezes and restarts 3 times! Grrrr. I finally just pitched it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-17, 06:35 PM  
donnamp

Has anyone done Ellen's workouts on Grokker?

I'm curious to hear about them!

I have a love/hate relationship w/ streaming. On the positive side, I have a good internet connection, speed, etc. so streaming is pretty flawless for me. And, in fact, sometimes better than some of my DVDs which have gotten scratched and "irritable" in my DVD player. I also love the variety available. What I don't like is that unless you can download something, once your membership is over so is your access and there is so much out there I would like to subscribe to it just wouldn't be economical for me to do so. I am not one who can really stick with one instructor or one genre over the long haul - I like to bounce around between instructors and genres. Thank goodness for some of the You Tube instructors out there like Jessica Smith!

But, has anyone done Ellen's workouts???

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-17, 06:57 PM  
horsemom2

I have done them and like them but they get too repetitious for me to love them.
Actually I had to download them because they just did not stream well for me.
As mentioned, I could download MP4 files with both the Firefox Download Helper and the Flash Video Downloader extension on Chrome or Opera.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 03:17 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I have done them and like them but they get too repetitious for me to love them.
Actually I had to download them because they just did not stream well for me.
As mentioned, I could download MP4 files with both the Firefox Download Helper and the Flash Video Downloader extension on Chrome or Opera.

Barb S
They kept stopping for me too. It's irritating when that happens so I just download them with download helper. I really wish downloading were an option. Not for these workouts in particular, just in general.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 04:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the CS rep name Brittney (i have a quote from her upthread) said you can download 2 workouts at a time - i wonder if there's a cap on how many in total you can download?

i was thinking you could simply download all the ones you want and skip streaming all together.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 06:37 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the CS rep name Brittney (i have a quote from her upthread) said you can download 2 workouts at a time - i wonder if there's a cap on how many in total you can download?

i was thinking you could simply download all the ones you want and skip streaming all together.
I tried Gaia a year ago and their workouts were downloadable. I had to download and install their Purple Player platform and it let me download the workouts onto that and play them offline. But it didn't work very well at all and workouts were always being "updated", which took forever. It seems like I had to update each workout whenever I wanted to do it, and sometimes that updating took forever or it even failed. Not fun!
When I ended my subscription, voila, all the workouts disappeared. I wasn't expecting to be able to keep them, of course, just pointing out that you can't subscribe for a month, download all the workouts you're interested in and keep them for good.

Ultimate Pilates did offer one download for every month of paid subscription, so I got to keep two workouts: one from my trial month and one from the month I paid for. Not bad at all for $10!

I'm afraid that being able to download "2 workouts at a time" sounds more like the Gaia system of temporary downloads onto a specific platform or app, or whatever. They will disappear when you unsubscribe.

I guess a well functioning platform that allows users to download workouts to an app is a good solution for those who can't stream but are happy with the concept of paying to use something they won't get to keep. I can't afford paid subscriptions to anything at this point, so I need to be able to pay once and use as often as I want.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 10:11 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Barb for your thoughts on the workouts! Ellen does look very happy in these - so a nice vibe. She didn't seem herself in the 7 Day workout DVD - although I only did two of the workouts.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 09:43 AM  
horsemom2

Heads Up

I had cancelled my subscription and received a confirmation email 2/9 but was still billed on 2/16.
(free trial ended 2/15)

ETA: They have not responded to my email about this and now I see a charge for 3/16 too in the next billing cycle so sent another email.
I never had trouble cancelling a subscription before which will make me hesitate with all future free trials and subscriptons.

ETA:
GROKKER is giving me a refund but are claiming I had subscribed again although I did not. There was no way for me to know my account was still active plus no way to cancel again when I checked my account after I saw my credit card bill so there was a glitch on their end.
Bottomline, check you credit card/paypal accounts.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 12:05 PM  
moonbeam31

These look so good! I wish these were on DVD! I am not subscribing to Gokker
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 02:05 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
These look so good! I wish these were on DVD! I am not subscribing to Gokker