Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-17, 12:29 PM  
zellybelly

New Hamelin Workouts Step and HDM Master Class

Step Class
43 minutes of athletic straight forward 'non fancy' Step with Hamelin. This class starts with a brief warm up which is then followed by non-stop Step. The moves are kept fairly simple with an emphasis on 'hard work' and getting a good thorough workout. Light hand weights can be added to work arms and shoulders. Please note that the workout includes a lot of arm/shoulder work during the Step routine. The routine itself gradually increases in intensity as you go along. There is no post stretch, please follow up with your own stretch routine.
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.com/product/hdmstep

HDM Masterclass 2016, 90 minutes

This is a live class taught by Hamelin during his Christmas Holidays in Denmark 2016. The class starts with a stretch and warm up followed by an abdominal routine and then leads into a Step interval/strength/endurance segment lasting about 40 minutes. You will be challenged with push ups, planks, stepping with weights and so much more. Hamelin switches to 40 minutes floor cardio halfway through the class. The floor cardio segment consists of cardio-boxing, athletic aerobics, endurance/strength intervals which becomes more and more challenging as you go along. The class finishes with more abdominal work followed by stretching.

You will need a Step, hand weights and a mat for this class.

Level: intermediate/advanced. Please note that this class is one of the more 'challenging' Method workouts.

http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...016-90-minutes
Old 01-05-17, 07:59 PM  
deineira

I previewed the step workout and it's basic...no fancy moves, but also not a lot of high impact either. The music is good and this looks like a solid steady state cardio workout.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 05:00 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I previewed the step workout and it's basic...no fancy moves, but also not a lot of high impact either. The music is good and this looks like a solid steady state cardio workout.
Deineira, where did you find a clip? I looked at the link above, and I couldn't find one there.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 07:23 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
Deineira, where did you find a clip? I looked at the link above, and I couldn't find one there.
I purchased the workout, so that's what I previewed. I did it on Friday. It was a bit repetitive, but not excruciatingly so, but I have a very low bar for that. The music is good but low key. It's more meditative than energetic, which is inline with HDM. Overall, it's a good steady state workout that I will use when I want something low key and relatively lower impact.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 11:25 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

deineira, that's a good description of Hamelin's step workout. It was my first workout of the New Year and I enjoyed it! Now, I haven't done step in a while and it's not normally my cardio of choice. I appreciated the basic steps with a good arm toning workout! While being simple to follow, it got my heartrate up and blood flowing. If you're looking for something other than athletic, you can probably skip this, but I appreciated the non-fancy choreography. Step mavens who like it complex will have to look elsewhere. "Around the world" is as tricky as it gets. Good music, but that's subjective for most people.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm