Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-17, 09:52 PM  
slockhart

Revisiting Ballet Body

So with all the talk about great streaming sites, and I did trial Bar Method and loved it, I decided to save my money and use some workouts that I haven't really done since I bought them, that being BBPS2. I did the first total body workout yesterday and my thighs are sore in places they don't normally get sore! I forgot how effective these are. I think I got a little bored because there was no dancey music! lol

Anyway, my question is this: For level 1, she lists the workout for day 1, day 2 and day 3. Does this mean I am to do this three days in a row, have a rest day, then do them three days in a row again for seven days? or.... do day 1, have a rest day, day 2, rest day, day 3, rest day???

Thanks!!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 06:09 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
So with all the talk about great streaming sites, and I did trial Bar Method and loved it, I decided to save my money and use some workouts that I haven't really done since I bought them, that being BBPS2. I did the first total body workout yesterday and my thighs are sore in places they don't normally get sore! I forgot how effective these are. I think I got a little bored because there was no dancey music! lol

Anyway, my question is this: For level 1, she lists the workout for day 1, day 2 and day 3. Does this mean I am to do this three days in a row, have a rest day, then do them three days in a row again for seven days? or.... do day 1, have a rest day, day 2, rest day, day 3, rest day???

Thanks!!
Stacey
I don't have the system, but I think she would mean to do the workout each day. Perhaps someone who has completed the periodization program can chip in their 2 cents?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 06:35 PM  
prettyinpink

there should be two pages called "workout guidelines" and "general guidelines" that came with the BBPS2 plan. I have it here in front of me since it is part of my workout log notebook.

The guidelines have recommendations for each level. For level 1, the three workouts are three days of BB for each week of level 1. Each workout is followed by a rest day. You are to do 1-3 cardio sessions between 30 and 60 minutes, per week. You can do the cardio on rest days, but one day per week should be complete rest. Cardio should be things like walking, running, swimming, but not sessions with weights or kettle bells, I.e. No boot camp, metabolic type workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 06:39 PM  
hotncmom

I have the BBPS. In Base Conditioning for BBPS1, you work out 3 days a week (different segments each day) and there are recovery or cardio days in between. It isn't until later in the system that you start the workouts 4 days a week, but then she alternates upper and lower body days.

In BBPS2, it looks similar in that you start out 3 days a week.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 07:43 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have the BBPS. In Base Conditioning for BBPS1, you work out 3 days a week (different segments each day) and there are recovery or cardio days in between. It isn't until later in the system that you start the workouts 4 days a week, but she alternates upper and lower body days.

In BBPS2, it looks similar in that you start out 3 days a week.
LOL! Shows that I don't know anything. I'm glad you ladies were able to help. I've been purchasing the Ballet Body workouts one at a time so I have no idea how they're combined into the system.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 08:48 PM  
slockhart

Thanks you guys!!
Stacey
Old 01-05-17, 07:17 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
LOL! Shows that I don't know anything. I'm glad you ladies were able to help. I've been purchasing the Ballet Body workouts one at a time so I have no idea how they're combined into the system.
I was never able to make it all the way through BBPS1. The workouts were just too long. When I first started these, I just did one upper body and one lower body on most days. I made sure not to repeat body parts on consecutive days. So on one day I would do a shoulder-intensive workout for upper body, then a thigh intensive for lower body. The next day I would do triceps and glutes. Some days I would do yoga instead. This gave me enough time to add walking in most days. This really worked well for me and I slimmed down a lot while I was doing this.

Some of the VF'ers in the early days creatively combined the workout segments into their own rotations and shared them here. I don't know if those files are still available in search.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 09:17 AM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Some of the VF'ers in the early days creatively combined the workout segments into their own rotations and shared them here. I don't know if those files are still available in search.
I won't be following the BBPS2 schedule exactly. I would love to find some of these rotations! I do find her upper body stuff extremely hard on my wonky shoulder, but the lower body stuff is awesome!

Stacey
Old 01-06-17, 10:58 PM  
Honeydew

slockhart, I looked for those rotations but couldn't find them but if you do, please post links!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 11:07 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
slockhart, I looked for those rotations but couldn't find them but if you do, please post links!
Yes, I would be interested as well. I agree that her workouts are too long and it has prevented me from using these much.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body rotation, ballet body rotations