Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-16, 09:24 PM  
SueT

Thanks so much, everyone, for all of your replies! I'm looking into all of them right now.

I knew I could count on all of you to help me out. My daughter had a baby boy via emergency C-section on November 3rd, and I just bought her a Manduka round yoga mat for Christmas that she's had her eye on for a long time, thanks to the post here about it being on sale. She just requested more yoga pants, and I thought that by January she'll be ready to start some gentle workouts. I also bought her the new Ellen 7-day workout as well, since some of the workouts were only 15 minutes and she could fit them in with the baby.

It still hasn't completely sunk in to me that I'm officially a grandmother, even though I see the baby nearly every day. I'll be 55 tomorrow, and I have to say that at least physically, I'm so happy with the way I feel. I have so much to be thankful for, and I look forward to every new day.

Thanks again,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 09:58 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I have had good luck with Talbot's too.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 10:06 PM  
PhyllisG

Congratulations Sue on becoming a grandmother. It takes a while to really sink in and believe it. Not being a grandmother but being a grandmother to this child. My grandson was a year old Nov 4 and I have to say I finally really believe he is ours. I simply love him and I know it sounds trite but he is a joy.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 10:20 PM  
Vantreesta

I would live in my Old Navy yoga pants if I could (well, okay, maybe not live since I'm obsessed with denim ). I am 5'2" and while mine are too long, they do make petite sizes. I bought mine at our outlet store and they don't carry the petite and I didn't know ON even made them but found them on their website. They often will have really good deals on their active wear too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 07:06 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm sorry that I can't remember the brand, but I was in Marshall's the other day and saw a pair of workout pants that were able to be "cut to length". They were designed so you could cut them any length you wanted with just a pair of scissors.

I would imagine all Marshall's and TJMaxx stores have them.

Honestly, I wish I had that problem. You can always cut them off, but for me it's hard to find them long enough. (If I want them long, that is. I prefer the capri length, or even just below the knee, for working out)
Old 12-02-16, 12:08 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
It still hasn't completely sunk in to me that I'm officially a grandmother, even though I see the baby nearly every day. I'll be 55 tomorrow, and I have to say that at least physically, I'm so happy with the way I feel. I have so much to be thankful for, and I look forward to every new day.

Thanks again,
Sue
Congratulations on the grandbaby. (I'm a bit jealous, although my dd is still too young, even though i'm a year older than you. )
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 05:43 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Land's End has petite yoga pants. I'm 5'1", and their pants fit me well. They have a limited selection as far as colors, though.

There's a definite trend with everything going to leggings. I HATE those! Am I the only one? It's getting hard to find regular yoga/workout pants or capris anymore.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 08:18 PM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
Land's End has petite yoga pants. I'm 5'1", and their pants fit me well. They have a limited selection as far as colors, though.

There's a definite trend with everything going to leggings. I HATE those! Am I the only one? It's getting hard to find regular yoga/workout pants or capris anymore.
No, you are not alone. I don't hate leggings, but I prefer pants. Land's End makes the best yoga pants ever. I wish they had more colors.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes, yoga pants