Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-16, 11:03 AM  
SueT

Yoga Pants that are Good for 5-Foot Tall Woman

Hi, everyone. My daughter, who is only 5 feet tall, has just requested yoga pants for Christmas. In the past she's ordered yoga pants from Victoria's Secret, since they have an option to order a 30-inch inseam.

Does anyone here take petite-sized clothing and can recommend yoga pants that they particularly like and are comfortable for yoga and Ellen Barrett-type workouts? I'm 5'6", so what fits me doesn't fit my daughter.

Thanks so much! Any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 11:47 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Lucy and Athleta both sell "short" yoga and athletic pants.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:21 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I second Lucy yoga pants. The short fits me perfectly (I'm 5'2" long waisted with short legs).
Old 12-01-16, 12:50 PM  
PhyllisG

Does Old Navy have petite yoga pants? I don't know but you can check on line.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:51 PM  
cherimac

I've tried a lot of them and my favorite is Fabletics. It's easy to cancel and easy to skip a month. I ended up doing a couple of months this summer to get some cropped pants and then got a 2fer deal on long pants. They come in lengths too.
Old 12-01-16, 01:40 PM  
Eibhinn

Another option is to just get them hemmed by a tailor. It might be cheaper than choosing the pants based on the available inseam, assuming Old Navy and cheaper options don't have the right length available.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 01:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Columbia sports wear has short inseam clothes. Their pants generally fit my waist, which is at least a size larger than the rest of me. If she's curvy, that may not be the way to go, but if she's fairly straight up and down, a good bet.

Kohls sometimes has decent petite workout clothes. Sometimes they are 'grandma' wear.

The options are getting fewer over the years. They are much better in California though, where there are more short people.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 02:28 PM  
bfit

I'm 5'1", and I like Lululemon yoga pants. They're expensive, but I wear mine all the time and have had them for literally 10 years now so they've held up well. They provide free tailoring and hemming in the store. You'd need to find a store though so that might not be an option for you.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 02:44 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Do they have to be yoga pants? I'm 5'1" and wearing more "jogger" pants lately. They have a band at the bottom (basically, sweatpants) so even if they're long, they don't get in the way. Old Navy has some in different lengths.

Target has pants in lengths.

I've also seen petite pants on the Kohl's website, I think it's their Tek Gear line.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 04:09 PM  
dnna

I am about 5 feet tall and order from Talbots. They have a line called T by Talbots. There are a lot of cute yoga pants in the sale section, plus it is 50% off 1 and then 40 % off your entire order. cheaper than Walmart and get quality. and comes in petite.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes, yoga pants