Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-16, 12:52 PM  
CharM

Thanks for the input, Laura. I think I'll have to get another set of ankle weights.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 01:44 PM  
Diana3271

My workouts arrived yesterday. Today is a cardio day, so I need to figure out what to do. Here's the premixes from her site. As was mentioned above there are no times for Body by Design. Maybe someone can email Kelly to see if she can add that info.

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/fil...BodyDesign.pdf

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/fil...x_Meltdown.pdf

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 02:23 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
My workouts arrived yesterday. Today is a cardio day, so I need to figure out what to do. Here's the premixes from her site. As was mentioned above there are no times for Body by Design. Maybe someone can email Kelly to see if she can add that info.

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/fil...BodyDesign.pdf

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/fil...x_Meltdown.pdf
If I remember correctly, all of the premixes are two segments each, plus a warm-up and cool down. Since the segments are each about 15 minutes - some shorter, some longer - all premixes average about 38 minutes.

If you want to do only one segment or you want to do more than two, you can use the Mix and Match menu.

ETA: I just looked at the premix list and there are a few premixes that have more than two segments. Just add about 15 minutes for each segment to 38 minutes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 02:29 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
If I remember correctly, all of the premixes are two segments each, plus a warm-up and cool down. Since the segments are each about 15 minutes - some shorter, some longer - all premixes average about 38 minutes.

If you want to do only one segment or you want to do more than two, you can use the Mix and Match menu.
Ok, that makes sense. Thank you. I can't keep up with it all. LOL I was doing good to order them.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 06:08 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

The case says warmups aren't necessary and I'd agree. I wish there were premixes with the mixes used as circuits; that would be super fun and really give the disc a lot of variety. Given Kelly's usual high-quality premixes, that was a little disappointing.

That said, today I did the light weight cardio sculpting combined with upper body and that was just a lovely combination. Of course, I kept imagining it alternating but what can you do...?

Donna H
Old 11-29-16, 06:33 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHKWriter View Post
The case says warmups aren't necessary and I'd agree. I wish there were premixes with the mixes used as circuits; that would be super fun and really give the disc a lot of variety. Given Kelly's usual high-quality premixes, that was a little disappointing.

That said, today I did the light weight cardio sculpting combined with upper body and that was just a lovely combination. Of course, I kept imagining it alternating but what can you do...?

Donna H
+1

I also kept thinking that it would be much more enjoyable if there were a circuit premix, instead of the right side then left side to everything. Also, in the mix and match, I had to keep going back to the DVD player remote to go to the segment I wanted. I wish I could program them to run in the order I wanted. Kind of a bummer considering the quality premixes she always puts out. Also, I did three segments plus warmup/cooldown and it clocked in at almost 44 mins, which worked well, but I just wish the times were listed on the menu. Oh well, I do like the workout, and am glad I preordered it. I still always get a great workout with KCM!

Edited to add: finally did the lower body and upper body ones. The lower body one was great, but the upper body was just too many repeated right/left that totally did not appeal to me. (But I have zero patience and hate repeating things over and over...) I didn't hate the yoga flow but I only did 10 minutes of it was just too repetitive.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 09:34 PM  
toomuchjoy

Anyone else still waiting?
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:25 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I had pre-ordered & got mine on Monday, Nov 28.

Did Upper Body Strength & Light Dumbbell Cardio Sculpting yesterday. I think I'll get use out of these. I went very light on the weight since it was my first time with it; will need to go heavier to make it count.

As mentioned above, I do wish Kelly had put together a circuit premix.

Also tried about 15 min of the Tabata boxing on Meltdown (WO2). I liked this, but not sure my shoulders would tolerate the full workout. Also, my quick preview of WO1 looks like it may be too advanced for me, but I'll reserve full judgment for after I actually try it.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 01:05 PM  
CharM

I wish she'd have chaptered the strength workouts. I accidentally hit back and it started over! I was on the last exercise, too. Oh well, it shouldn't happen again since I was just trying to go back after she demonstrated the exercise and now I know what to expect.

I did upper today, and again, some moves were interesting. I'd never done the back lateral raise, the bicep across (forgot what it's called), or one arm triceps dip. . I went lighter and used 12 for biceps, first set was easy, grabbed my usual 15s for the second set, oh my goodness, no, that was heavy, back to 12s for the third set.

A few days ago I mentioned that I wasn't sure how my back would feel after doing those unusual moves from the lower body workout; I'm happy to say that my back is fine.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 02:38 PM  
Tiny

This morning I did the Weighted Kickboxing and Light Dumbbell Cardio Sculpting Premix, I loved it. It move quickly and no time is wasted. A great DVD to have!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body design, kcm, kelly coffey-meyer