Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-16, 08:53 PM  
BunnyHop

Got mine today. The post-holiday arrival is perfect.
Old 11-26-16, 09:10 PM  
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
This morning I did 3 of these 15-minute workouts. First, I did a premix of the upper and lower strength workouts. The warm-up and cool-down were added in the premix so total time was about 38 minutes. Lower body started with several standard moves - squats, lunges, etc. - but ended with 3 barre-type moves which I really liked. The upper body was 5 moves - one for each upper body part. She did all the moves one arm at a time, switching back and forth through 4 rounds of each.

The DVD froze shortly after the upper body started but then continued. Anyone else have this problem? I should have checked, but I'm not sure if the freeze is only in the premix or not.

Then I did the Yoga Flow. It's pretty much a short yoga routine repeated over and over. I got bored about halfway through.

I'll be doing more of these soon. Can't wait.
I totally agree with you about the yoga. Kelly does the same short sequence 7 or 8 times, and it got boring pretty quickly. I like to hold my yoga poses a little longer than she did, but she moved really fast through the whole routine. Other than that, I absolutely love all of the other workouts on this Dvd! I saw some different cardio moves that I haven't seen Kelly do before, and there is so much variety. All of these workouts look really fun, and I can't wait to try them! There is a little bit of everything here, and this Dvd is definitely worth having in your collection!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 12:16 PM  
DrSteph

Mine arrived yesterday. I got both Body Design and Meltdown.

I did the weight workout (Workout 1) from Meltdown this morning. It has compound moves with moderate to heavy dumbbells. She does some barbell lifts, but I subbed dumbbells since I don't own a barbell. She uses a weight bench, which I also don't have, so I subbed a chair or my step depending on the move (in some cases, the step would have been too low to the ground to do the move, hence the chair). She repeats the series of dumbbell/barbell moves 3 times, so keep that in mind if you don't like to repeat moves during the course of the workout. I really enjoyed it, and think I could probably go heavier than I did this first time through.

I previewed the tabata heavy bag boxing workout, but have not tried it yet. I don't own a heavy bag, but the workout looks fun and adding weighted gloves or light dumbbells should do the trick.

The premixes look great -- I love combining weights with boxing, so these are right up my alley.

Now I'm off to preview Body Design!

Steph
DrSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 02:17 PM  
muggle

I did Body design this morning. I really enjoyed it! Kelly is one of those instructors for me that I LOVE but not so much her wkouts. Don't get me wrong, I have a bunch that I enjoy but there's a bunch I've returned or sold. So this morning was a happy, fun time. It seemed like (for each segment) the work itself was timed, doing a move for 50-60 secs, with the exception of the upper body. The cardio bootcamp moves were nice w/o being frenzied, with some lunges or something else every once in a while so you can catch your breathe. Think skaters, jack variations etc. Light dumbbell cardio sculpting was challenging and I ended up going lighter in weights because of the speed of the moves. It was a brisk paced compound move love fest! Think squat into overhead press while lifting a leg laterally. The weighted kickbox segment had intervals of punches and kicks holding wts. Again nothing frantic with enough variety and swiftness to keep it interesting. Kickboxing is so easy to modify up or down too. Next was Stronger, leaner lower body with heavy weights. This had squats, lunges, plies, sumos and deadlifts. Kelly put her own twist on things and it was nice...I can feel it already but I will try to go heavier next time. After about 8 minutes, you put on ankle weights and get a chair for barre work. I'm not sure what weight Kelly was using. The Upper body was 5 moves. Each move has to be done on both left then right side. The moves are rows, lateral raise, boxer pledge?, tricep dips(1 arm at a time) and bench press (1 arm at a time). Do each move 10 times- do other arm 10 times X 3 sets! I agree with the others about the yoga. I looked at the time and I had only been doing it for 6 minutes!! It's not bad though because it's some of my fave moves and I'm trying to do more yoga. Since the sequence just keeps repeating, you can end it whenever you're ready. Overall I really liked this workout. No buyers regret! Thanks Kelly!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 03:50 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thanks for the mini reviews! Sounds good--can't wait to get mine!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 04:31 PM  
CharM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Keep 'em coming!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-16, 06:34 AM  
cttx31

Breakdown for four of the segments (not the boxing or yoga)

I think I"ll combine the warmup plus these four for a 60 min workout.

KCM Body Design Total 60 min

warmup 4 min

cardio bootcamp 12 min
jack/front kick/jump rope
V-hop/walk back/kick
quick squats/criss cross
tap/crescent kick
plank
skate 2/fast jog
cross jack/shuffle-knee
reverse lunge/hop change
heel click
side lunge
high knees
squat-knee

light dumbbell cardio sculpting 12 min
lateral raise/knee circle
tap back/2 hand push
lunge side right/left/rock 3
scissor feet shuffle/hands up
squatting right/left - dumbbell to floor, then up
reverse lunge/alternate row six
front leg right/left straight out
tap side right/left/dumbbell curls
center squats/folding squats/reach out
heels front/single, double arms
side bends/reach down leg/twist
knee pull/crunch

stronger/leaner lower 14:40
front/back/side lunges (no weights)
squats
back lunges
deadlifts
side squats
front static lunges
plie squats
plie squats w/chair
back leg lift w/chair
leg front around to back w/chair

upper body strength 16:47 need bench w/4 risers
single rows
side raise
bicep across
tricep dips on bench
single bench press
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-16, 09:45 AM  
suzannaerin

Thanks for the breakdown. Mine arrived Saturday but I haven't tried them. I did take a peek at body by design, love the way she does the side lateral raises behind your body.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-16, 11:02 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks for the breakdown! Mine arrived today in Colorado. I'm planning yoga tomorrow (not Kelly's yoga ) but I'll probably do one of these segments first.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 03:07 AM  
boukilisa

What is the music like in these? Club? Canned? Is it appropriately loud? TIA.

Tags
body design, kcm, kelly coffey-meyer