Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-16, 07:29 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm in total agreement with you Donna! I'm not on FB (deleted my account years ago after only couple of weeks of being there) and I am wouldn't open a new account just to save few bucks. However, as you pointed out, it's Ellen's business decision and she can do what she wants.
I'm not on FB and I never will be. I guess I will pass on this one because $40 is a little steep for me at this time.
Old 11-15-16, 08:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I understand why she may not want to share the coupon - b/c she wants more FB followers - but I personally think it is a mistake - she ends up alienating people who chose not to be on FB and I think it will ultimately hurt her sales -

I personally think she should offer the pre-sale price to anyone who reads her blog or subscribes to her e-mail list.

But, I guess it is her business decision, I just disagree with it!

Donna
I have to agree, I just assumed that she would be including those on her email list or who read her blog. Like Dana said, not all of her fans have FB accounts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 08:18 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I'm not on FB either, Dana and I admit it makes me a bit angry b/c I have been a subscriber to Ellen's blog for years and a huge fan of hers and have spent lots of money over the years to purchase her DVDs. But, what can you do - if she chooses to run her business this way!!

Donna
I agree. I am glad I got to use the code before it was "taken down" so us non-facebook members couldn't use it. Hopefully some others got to use it too. I am still a fan and a loyal customer regardless.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 08:35 PM  
cherimac

I wasn't trying to be snarky. I was just passing the information along from the FB group mod. I think they were the ones making that decision. Ellen specifically created the code for that group.
Old 11-15-16, 09:48 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
I've become really out of shape. I really want something that gives results but doesn't feel like torture to get through the workout. I would like to lose weight, tone up, work on balance, and get stretched out. Previously, reading the reviews, I have felt that many of you think that is exactly what Ellen does. How does this one compare??
Ellen is usually pretty consistent, most of her dvds are beginner to intermediate. She calls the perfect workout "stretch, strength & cardio all rolled into one". I think that Yogini is her most difficult & Fat Burning Fusion will def make most folks sweat.

It just came out today & everyone will have to wait a few days for it to ship before we can give reviews. From the clip, it seems to be rejuvenating like her other work.

Here is a intro video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuPwickxLu0

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 09:59 PM  
GinaXOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
Ellen is usually pretty consistent, most of her dvds are beginner to intermediate. She calls the perfect workout "stretch, strength & cardio all rolled into one". I think that Yogini is her most difficult & Fat Burning Fusion will def make most folks sweat.

It just came out today & everyone will have to wait a few days for it to ship before we can give reviews. From the clip, it seems to be rejuvenating like her other work.

Here is a intro video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuPwickxLu0

Thank you. There have been so many raves and I would love to try it. It will be fun to finally get the workout when everyone else does and is excited and posting about it.

Thank you for your help.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 11:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I wasn't trying to be snarky. I was just passing the information along from the FB group mod. I think they were the ones making that decision. Ellen specifically created the code for that group.
Oh Cheri, never thought you were being snarky! I know that's not your style!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 03:04 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
How does this one compare??
it's hard to guess since no one has seen it yet, but Ellen is Ellen. i have practically everything she's put out - Crunch, Prevention, Self, Weight Watchers, Buff Girl, youtube, Blood Type, etc. and she doesn't vary it too much, but i like everything she does.

this is the first time she's released an entire series. i'm so glad there're no gadgets with it - most of her workouts are gadget free.

if you've never tried Ellen, there's a few full-length workouts on youtube that you can try to decide for yourself.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 03:22 AM  
JENILU

I think she only posted the coupon there because it is a limited release. I don't know if thats why, but it was my assumption.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-16, 07:24 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

She posted a coupon last time, too. Someone shared it here.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 day workout challenge, rodale unwanted package