Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-16, 06:45 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Sometimes things happen and life gets in the way. I have been going to school in addition to working full time so my exercise has been sporadic to say the least for the past few years. I have a little over a year left so my plan is to get back in shape when I am done. I will have an abundance of spare time so I will put it to good use.

Things happen, don't let it deter you. Just get back on the wagon, do what you can and eventually you will get there.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-16, 07:23 AM  
BunnyHop

Another thing I've learned is that since I'm on hormone replacement therapy, it matters what time of day I take them.

If I want to get up early for a walk (I like to do that just before sunup), I need to take my HRT about noon. Taking it later than that makes me more prone to rolling over and going back to sleep instead.

For me, it's a careful balance between managing my sleep issues and having the energy to work out early in the morning the way I prefer. I tend to wake up at about four o'clock AM no matter what, but if I manage things just right, I can doze just a bit more then get up for a nice walk. I'm still learning, though, so it's a balancing act.
Old 09-11-16, 08:55 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Hi Carla! I remember you well. I am commenting on VF for the first time in a long time, too. I understand your situation very well. I was pretty ill for a while in 2010 and have never really recovered my workout mojo. I was just sitting here thinking that it has been six years and if I am ever going to get back at it I need to start now.....and your post popped up.

I have been concentrating on doing shorter workouts for the past month. I used to be a maniac but now an hour just bores me, frankly. So I have pulled out some older workouts that can be scaled down. I did my ancient Power Half Hour Arm workout with five pounds weights and felt great after. I did Cathe's Muscle Endurance but just clicked on the chapters for upper body and finished after a 1/2 hour.

Leslie Sansone simply never fails me, either. And she is far from depressing for a beginner.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over 50, restarting