Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-16, 03:47 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
It is difficult and not a moneymaker to post so much free content. I think she makes the DVDs more as a service to us than to be a big production moneymaker. I remember Jessica Smith talking about not being able to afford to make high quality DVDs, and she had to go thru a lot to be able to afford to do it.
Also the content, although it is not proprietary, is 'borrowed' and used by branded group fitness barre and Pilates companies. I was learning a new lesson from *** ******* and the warmup was 80% from a different YouTube fitness channel. It bothered me that I am paying for new content and received stolen merchandise
Old 08-29-16, 04:56 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by weighttrain View Post
Also the content, although it is not proprietary, is 'borrowed' and used by branded group fitness barre and Pilates companies. I was learning a new lesson from *** ******* and the warmup was 80% from a different YouTube fitness channel. It bothered me that I am paying for new content and received stolen merchandise

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 08:49 PM  
CharM

Quote:
I was learning a new lesson from *** ******* and the warmup was 80% from a different YouTube fitness channel. It bothered me that I am paying for new content and received stolen merchandise
Are we not allowed to mention sites /instructors, or did you do that yourself?
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 10:39 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Are we not allowed to mention sites /instructors, or did you do that yourself?
CharM, the Pop Pilates choreo is 'straight outta barlates'
Old 08-30-16, 12:06 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

The Barre Ball Blast dvd have several exercises that are the same as Fusion Mix with Darby from Dream Body Workout Series... Coincidence (?) maybe.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 12:38 AM  
CharM

Quote:
CharM, the Pop Pilates choreo is 'straight outta barlates'
Oh wow, how disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
The Barre Ball Blast dvd have several exercises that are the same as Fusion Mix with Darby from Dream Body Workout Series... Coincidence (?) maybe.
I know there are no new exercises to come up with, but I hope they're (instructors in general) not flat out copying the sequences from someone else.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 09:26 AM  
prettyinpink

How do we know who is copying from whom?

I like Barlates. I dont use them often but probably would if she would come out with a rotation of specific workouts that go well together. It is hard to tell from the titles, and I don't enjoy taking notes on each workout and keeping track of what is in them.

I noticed right away that some of her workouts seem like sequences very very similar to Ballet Body downloads, which of course were out years before.

But fusion fitness instructors do borrow all sorts of things from different styles of workouts. This particular one surprised me because I had never seen anything quite like Ballet Body for upper body, until Barlates. But even BB must have gotten most of these variations from somewhere.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 10:51 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I also noticed that Linda pulls inspiration from Dream Body, but she adds her own twists to moves and it is only a handful of exercises, not the entire routine. So I wouldn't consider it to be plagiarism or anything.

In this day and age it would be difficult if not impossible to have 100% completely unique exercises.
Old 08-30-16, 12:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I also noticed that Linda pulls inspiration from Dream Body, but she adds her own twists to moves and it is only a handful of exercises, not the entire routine. So I wouldn't consider it to be plagiarism or anything.

In this day and age it would be difficult if not impossible to have 100% completely unique exercises.
I said she does several of the same exercises, I didn't say she did a entire whole sequence or that the whole workout was exactly the same, nor did I accuse her of plagiarism, just want to make sure of that. I did Fusion Mix a few weeks before doing Ball Barre Blast, and I did notice the similarities as the workout was still fresh in my head.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 01:01 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I said she does several of the same exercises, I didn't say she did a entire whole sequence or that the whole workout was exactly the same, nor did I accuse her of plagiarism, just want to make sure of that. I did Fusion Mix a few weeks before doing Ball Barre Blast, and I did notice the similarities as the workout was still fresh in my head.
Hi AsSweetAsSugar,

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, those are my own thoughts/opinions on the similarities between Dream Body and Barlates when I noticed them while doing Barlates workouts.

I only quoted you since you also mentioned similarities. Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. I removed the quote so it won't be misconstrued.

Tags
linda wooldridge