Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-16, 03:46 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Aurora C and Sandra, thanks for the no bruising on the face. I will pass that along to DD.

One last question...about being "hot" first. I do not have a sauna or access to one...how do you all get hot first? Sweaty workout and hot shower then do blast? OR is there another way?
I usually use it after I work out in the shower, but no workout just make sure I'm warm from the water, I've no intention of,buying a sauna.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 04:31 PM  
Aurora C.

I do the same, after a sweaty workout &/or in or just after a hot shower...I would eventually love a sauna but for now that's how I do it.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 05:58 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
One last question...about being "hot" first. I do not have a sauna or access to one...how do you all get hot first? Sweaty workout and hot shower then do blast? OR is there another way?
I do not have a sauna (yet). If doing my body I usually workout first, sometimes take a hot shower, or I go in our garage when it is really hot out - and sweat buckets! I have blasted even "cold" just watching tv. It feels good no matter how you do it.
Old 08-22-16, 07:03 PM  
michl43

Hi, I ordered a FB on Ashley's site this past Saturday. How fast do they Ship and will I get an email when it Ships?
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 07:38 PM  
mandie123

I don't remember if I got an email when it shipped,but it was delivered within a week.I was surprised it was so quick!
Old 04-11-17, 12:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thread revival! With the recent Faceblaster thread and my personal experience with the Fascia blaster, thought I would revive this thread to see if anyone is still blasting?

I don't know where I've been but I just discovered the Fascia Blaster about a month ago by stumbling on the 45+ page thread here on GD. Like everyone I am skeptical but the private facebook page is pretty convincing. I've only been using it for about 2-3 weeks and haven't seen any miraculous differences, but have noticed that I can use the FB for longer/harder even now than when I started, so I feel like the 'texture' of my fascia must have changed already. I don't have a sauna or anything so I heat myself up in a hot bath or exercise+shower.

Is it well made? Yes, and it is definitely pretty easy to use even on my back.

Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite? Well, mostly for vanity, less so cellulite than reducing volume/fat splicing, but what compelled me to finally hit buy was that it is supposed to increase your muscle engagement and activation. I do feel like my 'beyond bound' fascia does choke my muscles and if I can break it all up, should feel much better and improve range of motion.

What do you think so far? Despite trying to go lighter at first, I have bruised a little so I've only been blasting about every 5-6 days. I don't care about the quarter-sized bruises myself, but my husband doesn't like the bruises, in the sense he is concerned that I'm hurting myself. I don't feel like I am, but I appreciate his concern. I think it's a good thing because it keeps me from going "all out" and probably overdoing it as a beginner. My legs bruise more than my abs and arms so I tend to do abs/arms more frequently. However I discovered I could go firmer/longer during my last blast yesterday, so I do have a new round of bruises on my abs from that. The bruises are supposed to go away once your fascia is "restored" so I'm hoping it's not ongoing!!

Are you happy or are you returning it? I am definitely still in the trial/skepticism phase, but I am enjoying it so far. I posted in another thread that I lost .5" in my thighs from a couple of weeks go when I started, but there are other factors at play like cleaning up my diet and increased Callanetics in that timeframe so I'm not sure what to think. It's also possible it's not real inch loss and my legs were swollen for some reason when I measured before What I really want is stomach area reduction like I see a lot of women getting. I was never pregnant but I was a very overweight teen so I have loose skin and extra fat buildup there. I'm blasting my abs the most out of all my zones.

Did you get the nugget, as well? I'm tempted to get the Mini 2 and the Faceblaster for more focused work, but am going to wait and see how the full size one performs before I spend more money.

I'd love to hear if others have been using it a while, you're supposed to get significant results from about 90 days of use I've read! Or if it is just a big waste
Old 04-11-17, 04:21 PM  
Lannette

Hi ebianco,

I've had my fascia blaster long enough to experiment on myself and use it on my massage clients. They love it because they get about an hour and a half worth of work in a one hour massage.

I have two full blasters and two minis. One of each are reserved for me and my family. The other is for clients. I tend to use the mini almost exclusively on clients, while I use both sizes on myself. I have a single face blaster on order.

How are you using it/ them? I started out using the FB for pain relief. It's only been in the last month that I experimented with it in any other capacity. I've been doing Callanetics and really working on balancing my body right and left. While reading Ashley's book I started wondering if the FB and Mini could help. The book also made me realize that my LB may be BB. So I started blasting, first the areas I'd identified as tight and then after seeing immediate changes in flexibility, full body.

What do you think so far? Amazing for pain relief, myofascial release and increasing flexibility. I didn't bruise until recently and then not horribly. I've started light body brushing (as lymphatic drainage) on non-blasting days, to help speed bruise healing. Not sure how it will work but it sure feels great. I never brush and Blast on the same day as I feel that they serve two different purposes.

Are you happy with it/them? I'm past the return period but love them enough that I'd buy another in a heart beat if one of mine broke. Callanetics has visibly lengthened my waist and I have good definition above the navel, on the sides of my lower abs and a little dent mid bikini line but still have a bit of a lower mommy tummy. Since beginning blasting regularly I've noticed the little dent is extending as if my lower abs are going to flatten. I'm not sure this is the blasting because I'm also doing a Callanetics bootcamp. I'm not holding my breath but it's fun to see some change, any change going on.

Did you get the nugget? I almost forgot! Yes I do have a nugget but I rarely use it since the mini has nugget ends. "Stab, wiggle, wiggle" is amazing for knots and NO it need not cause scary bruising.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 04:25 PM  
Aurora C.

I have not been as consistent with mine as I'd like, just because time has a tendency to get away from me...but I definitely feel a difference when I blast more regularly. I have very tight lower back and psoas and the fasciablaster helps a lot! I wish I had a better system to heat it up because I often don't have time to blast after a workout or shower and to be honest, my body doesn't hold heat that long. I've played with setting up a heat lamp and that worked well, but it's such a production and I can't leave a heat lamp out all the time. Really would love to turn a storage area in my home into a sauna...if i ever find time to clear it out!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 04:30 PM  
Lannette

Have you tried a heating pad? I also find that as little as 10-15 minutes of cardio helps heat me from within and I don't need to stay in the sauna nearly as long. Maybe that along with your lamp or a heating pad could work for you? I agree it does take a time commitment.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 05:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Lannette Thanks for sharing your experience! I actually skin brush every day, but that has been a years long habit. I'd love to blast in a sauna but I try to make do with a hot bath, I had also considered a heating pad as a good alternative.

Since you mention it, I also feel an improvement in my flexibility. I do the straddle stretch most days, especially when they do it in the Callanetics workout anyway. I have always had a good ROM, but I can really sink deep into the stretch with more ease/less tension than it seems like in the past. The improvement seems fairly sudden over the past few days.

Aurora I'm glad the blaster works for your aches and pains!

Tags
fascia blaster, migraines, old thread alert