Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-16, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
That is priceless, Pat!

Shall we call it Margaret's Kiling Me Softly rotation?
LOL - with a smile!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 10:00 AM  
OSusanna

I did a Margaret Richard/Leslie Sansone rotation for the first 3 months of this year. I did the Unplugged series 1900, 1 episode a day and then a 1/2 hour Leslie.

The short episodes are good but I only did them 3-5 times a week. I would start my week on Monday with one but by the time I got to Friday I was usually pretty sore. As far as results, I found that my biceps and triceps got bigger and my legs started to show some definition but not the kind of definition I would see if squats were done. Margaret doesn't do squats and most of her legwork is floorwork. I upped my weights for upper body fairly quickly and I always used the leg weights. Her workouts are as hard as you make them.

I'm someone who needs Cardio every day if possible so it was a nice compromise between the two workout activities.

The only problem that I saw is that each muscle group only would get attention 2 times per week on the schedule that I had. However, this workout program had NO dread factor and I was able to be consistent with it. I bought the Unplugged 2000 series and will probably try it again. I've been out with an illness and an injury.

Oh, and I LOVED the leslie workouts.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 04:10 PM  
Cher

Does anyone here have her My Body of Work dvd and her My Body of Work Unplugged? I can't find any reviews on either of these and thinking about getting them from this latest sale that ends today. It's a pretty good price if you buy both, it's only $27. Any thoughts from anyone? Or wondering if I should just get 1 or 2 of the Unplugged dvds.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 04:26 PM  
videofit

I don't consider The Unpluggeds to be easier. Just use heavier weights like in most resistance training. Each separate workout is not full body since they were meant to be done daily on her TV shows. You'll do a bit off upper and a bit of lower each day. I just string three together, doing only the very first warmup and the very last cool down. That way I get 54 minutes of exercise, not counting warm up and cool down. I also don't always do them in order.

If you are unsure, just buy 1901 and 2001 since the first DVD in each Unplugged series has eight workouts while the rest have only six. Great value.
Old 06-20-16, 04:31 PM  
mtngoat

Pat ! Great rotation!

I think that MR's workouts may be the most deceptive I've ever done. They seem 'easier' than more frantic insane-type workouts, but really work! I have kept a decent level of fitness up through a couple of serious injuries by using carefully selected chapters.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-16, 05:54 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post

If you are unsure, just buy 1901 and 2001 since the first DVD in each Unplugged series has eight workouts while the rest have only six. Great value.
Great idea! I never thought about just buying the first dvd from each which would get me 16 workouts!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard results, margaret richard success, results, sculpture, triple threat