Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-16, 02:28 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzwirez View Post
Ann - I did one of Lauren's dvds that I have today and it kicked. my. butt. I'm still on the fence about the BeSlam downloads, so please PLEASE let me know your opinion after you have used it. Anxious to hear about your impressions and results.

Thank you!

Kim
Kim,

Will do. BTW, which of Lauren's dvds did you do today?

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 12:31 PM  
kalliope999

I bought the paper Be SLAM workout during the holiday sale and didn't even realize she had a few videos to go with it. I caved last night and bought all four Strength Be SLAM videos with the 40% valentine coupon. I might not use them the whole time, but I figure it would be a good change of pace to workout with the video sometimes.

I've previewed them last night as I downloaded. They are a more casual production than her typical videos. Two of the four especially are at a slightly less professional looking camera angle. It's just her and Todd in her outdoor workout space. But if you just want to see the moves and want someone to do the ladders along with, they're a fun option for $8.97 each with the coupon. I love Lauren, so I figured why not? As someone said above, she does show some variations which can be helpful (single rows vs TRX; single cleans vs doubles).

I'm just starting a Fé Fit rotation while it's kind of popular around here, but will probably start Be SLAM afterwards. I also need to get some heavier KBs.
Old 02-15-16, 05:02 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I am still searching for a good interval timer app, which one did you download?
For my iPad, someone just highly recommended Seconds to me, which is a paid app (here's the free one where you can't save anything). There is an older version available for Android also, which looks pretty good but I haven't tried it yet: a Seconds free and Seconds Pro.

For my Android phone I've been looking to upgrade to a better interval timer app. I recently downloaded Impetus Interval Timer, which looks pretty awesome (there is a promo video that shows how easy it is to use). It's attractive and seems very user-friendly.

Previously, I was using mostly A HIIT Interval Timer when I needed to create my own workouts. I also like this HIIT Interval Training Timer for simpler sessions (you can pay $1.49 to get rid of the flashing ads).
Old 02-16-16, 07:29 PM  
kimzwirez

Hi Ann

Hi Ann

Sorry it took so long to answer you. I did one of the long workouts on the Ultimate Body Sculpt & Conditioning #1 dvd. It was about 40 minutes total, consisting of 2 minutes of kettlebell exercises and 1 minute of rest for what seemed like a million intervals. I literally had to stop several times before it was time to rest - it was hard work!

I was only using 8 pound & 15 pound kettlebells, so I'm really out of shape.

Considering the pain I felt yesterday, working out with Lauren's dvds should help me get rid of some of this winter fat in a hurry. lol.....
Hope you're having fun with your downloads!

Kim
kimzwirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 06:30 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Have any of you done Be Slam 2?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 08:37 PM  
s2546

Does anyone know the type of exercises that Lauren considers conditioning. Is it 30 seconds on then 30 seconds off? I am not good with paper workouts but I love Lauren and I am really considering Be Slam. Thanks for any info!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 09:53 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Does anyone know the type of exercises that Lauren considers conditioning. Is it 30 seconds on then 30 seconds off? I am not good with paper workouts but I love Lauren and I am really considering Be Slam. Thanks for any info!

sue
Sue,

I plan to post my impression of Be Slam 1 soon. I really like it and I'm not a big fan of paper workouts, so that's saying something. Anyway, a quick answer to your question : You can do whatever interval you're comfortable with now and then change it as you get stronger and more conditioned. That's part of the genius of this program; you can adjust it in so many ways. The rest period doesn't have to match the workout period. I'm just starting week 2 and I'm doing 20 seconds on and 20 off. The exercises are similar to those you'd do in the strength workouts. You're doing them for time and cardio effect, so you'd use lower weight. The exercises in the first conditioning workout, for example, rotate through swings, jump squats, one arm swing (left), one arm swing (right), burpees or squat thrusts (substitute some other cardio move if you hate burpees). Then you start over again. Lauren suggests starting with 2-3 rounds if you're a beginner.

Hope that helps.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 07:39 AM  
s2546

Thank you so much Ann! Yes that helps a lot. I am very tempted to try this. Will be saving toward the purchase. I think she is also filming a new DVD so i need to be saving for that too! thanks again for your help

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 09:24 AM  
Exercise Diva

I use the Gymboss app for the Iphone and love it. It was free though I think you can purchase the premium version.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
be slam, lauren brooks