Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 01:34 PM  
Buzzer

Kettlebell Kickboxing overcharging with Groupon... anyone else?

So I got the groupon for the KBKB scorcher series. I took my coupon code, put the digital downloads into my cart and went to check out...

I put in the coupon code and it gave me $25 credit towards the price of the KBKB downloads, leaving me a total of $19.95 (it should have been a total of $0, the groupon pays for the whole thing!). I called them, and a guy who didn't give me his name said they'd been having troubles with groupon and he or "Honey" would call me back within 1/2 hour.

Neither happened, so I emailed again. Honey sent me an email saying that the $19.95 was for shipping and if I chose Digital downloads, I wouldn't be charged it.

So, long story longer, I emailed back that I did, but went to my cart again and tried to check out again. This time, I went past the shipping address & charge address, and it asked me for my credit card #, which I refuse to put in because it will charge me the $19.95!

I emailed Honey again, haven't heard anything since Saturday. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? What can I do to get my digital downloads?

I will never buy from them again after this experience!!! I don't care HOW good their next inception of scorcher is!!

ETA that I bought these on Thursday, so it's been 5 days
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 03:08 AM  
pcdoctor01

Maybe let Dasha know on her FB page?
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 05:14 AM  
Buzzer

Hmm.. good idea. I hadn't thought of that!!

I called again & emailed yesterday, and still nothing. The guy on the phone (Ron) said that the owner of KBKB was coming in late and he would talk to "him" when he got in, but apparently "he" is aware of the problem (I say those with quotes since I thought Dasha owned the company, and she is clearly not a "he").

Still haven't heard back. I'm beyond frustrated.

I will look up Dasha on FB! Thanks for the suggestion!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-27-15, 11:36 AM  
novadancer

have you emailed Groupon? They have always been really good about resolving issues for me.
novadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 04:42 PM  
Buzzer

looks like that's my next step novadancer. I posted on Dasha's page (I put it on her page with her name on it, but I may put it on the KBKB page too if they have one) and I haven't heard anything back. I did it like 4:00 this morning, I would think she would have seen it, or received a notification at least!!

I just feel so abandoned and angry.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-27-15, 04:47 PM  
dela

Yeah, I would go with calling Groupon, I thought there is a grace period anyway to just get your money back. But if there is a problem using it, they always resolve it.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 03:50 PM  
Buzzer

So I figured I would give them one more shot before calling groupon, since I did want the downloads. I emailed Honey again yesterday, no answer. So I called the Customer Service number again, and got a gentleman named Gus. I told him what was going on, he put me on hold briefly, came back on and told me he would try something with the discount code. A moment later, he told me to try it and it WORKED!!

I quick got off the phone so I could download before it changed it's mind about letting it all work out, and although I thanked Gus, i just didn't thank him enough for taking care of something that had been ongoing for almost a week.

So, thank you Gus. I never heard from Dasha. I don't know if KBKB is going out of business or just has really sloppy business practices, but I will warn anyone who is purchasing from the company to be aware!!! Just pray that everything goes smoothly for you!!! If it doesn't, call Gus in customer service. I won't be giving them another dime
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-28-15, 04:09 PM  
alydinva

I bought the Groupon and didn't have any problems, but I wanted the DVDs, not the downloads.

I'm glad that your problem has been resolved, Buzzer.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 05:40 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I bought the Groupon and didn't have any problems, but I wanted the DVDs, not the downloads.

I'm glad that your problem has been resolved, Buzzer.
I have been thinking about getting the dvd's, but I've never bought from Groupon before. I set up an account, but it looks like I won't be able to see the s & h before placing an order. I did the live chat, & they gave me a number to call. The man said he'd talk to "Honey" (who is a man according to him) & have him e-mail me with the info. It seems everyone I asked about this talked about a coupon code that I'd use when I got directed the I guess the KBKB website, but it looks like I'd be ordering the set straight from the Groupon website. Any info anyone can give would be most appreciated.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 06:06 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I have been thinking about getting the dvd's, but I've never bought from Groupon before. I set up an account, but it looks like I won't be able to see the s & h before placing an order. I did the live chat, & they gave me a number to call. The man said he'd talk to "Honey" (who is a man according to him) & have him e-mail me with the info. It seems everyone I asked about this talked about a coupon code that I'd use when I got directed the I guess the KBKB website, but it looks like I'd be ordering the set straight from the Groupon website. Any info anyone can give would be most appreciated.
You buy the Groupon and that site gives you a code to use on the KBKB site. Then you go to the KBKB site, put the set in your cart (whichever set for which you bought the Groupon) and then input your code in the coupon code (or whatever they're calling it) box. The site will then remove the retail price for the set you're purchasing. It will also add shipping and handling as you're checking out. I paid $9.95 s&h each for Scorcher Series and Body Series.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dasha, dasha lisbin, kbkb dasha, kettlebell kickboxing