Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-15, 09:42 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInTheHat View Post
Dreaming.

Then I woke up and yup. Sexy belly overhang still there.
Hahahahahahaha
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 09:43 PM  
bubbles76

Cathe's Xtrain for strength. Christi Taylor and Amy Bento for cardio. Oh, and running gave me the best abs ever.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 09:58 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I was in the best shape while swimming in college and pushed by a coach. I'm self motivated, but only up to a point. The extra push made the difference.

When it comes to working out on my own, I think it was the Firm in my 30s. I would do them every other day. I'd also throw in step cardio which I loved. There was such a novelty to be able to do this kind of exercise at home with TV guidance. I couldn't get enough of it.
Old 09-10-15, 10:17 PM  
fatkat555

I did the Firm 90-day rotation in my early 30s and was in the best shape of my life; however, I enjoyed the workouts MUCH more before I did the 90-days when I'd pick and choose. I only went down a size, but I was miserable in the sense that I felt guilty and obligated to the workouts because of the paper schedule. Only now that I'm 49 am I able to revisit the Firm workouts. I had done them pretty much from the release of Vol.2 forward and I was in the camp of preorders. I LOVED them and did them religiously for almost 10 years and then this rotation killed it for me (but did get me in good shape that didn't last after I finished because I quit doing them). This is my long-winded rant to say my best physical shape was when I did the Firm rotation, but it sidelined me for several years onward from workout burnout. I detest challenges and rotations now.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 01:50 AM  
Betty Boop

Doing international folk dancing and walking.
Old 09-11-15, 02:08 AM  
willowey124

Tonique and Walking - best rotation ever for me - deffo need to get back to this!

http://s656.photobucket.com/user/wil...view=slideshow

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 03:31 AM  
marya

From ages 38-41, I did international folk dancing almost every night of the week. I was 5 ft. 8 in. tall, wore a size 6 (my slimmest ever), ate anything and everything and danced it all off.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 04:20 AM  
PhyllisG

I lived in India and was doing yoga 2x a day plus Lisa Lyons book for weights once a day. Plus I lived on the beach so we played beach paddle ball every day.

We returned to the US and I was doing classic Firms 6 days a week. People asked me what I was doing. Definitely best shape. Definitely much younger too.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 04:36 AM  
sunday

Twice:

Before I became obese I was actually thin; I ran five miles a day, six days a week, and couldn't eat enough to keep my weight on. My legs were like a fashion model's.

Second time, four years back, during yoga teacher training; Ashtanga Primary Series six days a week, 90 minutes a day, and nothing else for many, many months. DH actually called me "tiny" one day. Sleek muscle all over but small and light. Lovely.

Neither time involved any weights.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 06:37 AM  
gilbjeter

For me, the original Insanity. I followed the calendar almost to a T and was eating very paleo-ish. I also sprinkled in some Turbo Fire and running here and there. My body responds very well to cardio and lower carb/ higher fat. During this time (about 3 years ago) I was fitting in my tiniest, skinniest clothes. I am going back to this now, because after focusing on strength training for the last year or so, I do not like the look on my short frame. I mentioned in another post that the bigger muscles just don't look good on me.
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
results, rotation, triathlon