Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-15, 07:00 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Cathe usually posts on Wednesday nights on her forum what the new class will be, along with what equipment you will need. Her announcement for tomorrow's class should be out soon.
She also posts it on her Facebook page and the page for her club (Four Seasons Health Club).
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 12:56 PM  
jenn38

I love Cathe Live. Cathe has a great personality and her dvds are fantastic, but her personality shines very bright in her live classes. She is easy going, energetic and encouraging. I like that she addresses all her students by name when she walks around. Also when she makes a mistake she laughs at herself and keeps going. The $10.00 a month is well worth it IMO. I did describe to the library but I was not using it so I cancelled that portion of my subscription.
Old 03-13-15, 01:12 PM  
mtngoat

I am not subscribing at the moment, but agree that Cathe Live is great! As other have said the workouts are really good, Cathe's demeanor is lots of fun, and it's great to see a variety of kick-butt fit women (and the occasional man - yeah Al!). It's really good value, I think.

(In Canada Telus just changed the method of charging for our home internet service. We are now capped at a particular level (depending on the plan), and we will get charged if we go over that amount! In the past our speed might slow down over a certain level of data usage, but we weren't charged! Geesh! I am going to have to re-think streaming! One-time downloads will really be the most attractive option.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 01:59 PM  
amazondotmom

List of Classes for Cathe Live???

Is there a listing of classes/description offered for the Cathe live streaming? I'm sure it changes daily but, I wish I could see what is available at any given time. I just bought a spin bike and would love to know if she has any spinning classes. I also like Body Pump, TurboKick and Step (which I am guessing she has this since she is the queen of step).
amazondotmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 02:12 PM  
pfhanna

Thanks for your thoughts. I am so close to signing up. After checking out some of the clips for her live classes on youtube I feel like how can I go wrong. If I don't like I can stop it anytime. I also feel it would motivate me more seeing Cathe live.
Thanks again everyone,
Pam
Old 03-13-15, 02:41 PM  
jenn38

A person on here has developed a whole list of Cathe Live classes. I'm just not sure of the person's name. The list is great and very detailed.

Cathe does have two or three cycle videos on her live feed.
Old 03-13-15, 03:42 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondotmom View Post
Is there a listing of classes/description offered for the Cathe live streaming? I'm sure it changes daily but, I wish I could see what is available at any given time. I just bought a spin bike and would love to know if she has any spinning classes. I also like Body Pump, TurboKick and Step (which I am guessing she has this since she is the queen of step).
I have a MS word document of all of the Cathe Live classes, the descriptions and the equipment needed. If you PM me I can send it to you.

There are two Cathe Live spin classes
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 03:20 AM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondotmom View Post
She has one called Barbell Upper Body Live that is like Body Pump. There is Cycle 1 as well. There are step workouts, and I don't own TurboKick so I'm not sure what it's like. She has a great variety and I love it as well.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 06:47 AM  
isebelleg44

I love Cathe Live! I now rarely reach for her dvds and would rather do a live workout. I admit that Studio Sweat on Demand has spoiled me with their spin workouts, so I am not tempted to do her two live cycle workouts.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 09:17 AM  
suzannaerin

Cardio core circuit was great, I did it this morning. I apologize for misspeaking about the number of low impact workouts. I've been doing mostly the boxing/kb workouts and the are easy to modify down. Looking forward to exploring more of these workouts, my DVD collection might collect a little dust in the next few weeks, especially since I've done a few Live favorites multiple times. I wish Cathe would use some of her class in upcoming DVDs. Love it that I am not the only one who doesn't do one armed burpees!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung