Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-14, 09:33 AM  
woodie

Piyo compared to Buti

Hey ladies!

I was just reading the post and seeing that people are enjoying it. I am ready to commit to something now that the kids are back in school. I was abotu to start a 60 day Buti rotation (with a little kickboxing added in now and then!) but my interest in piqued abotu Piyo. How does it compare to Buti?

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 11:01 AM  
woodie

Has anyone done both and have an opinion?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 09-02-14, 11:02 AM  
momofcha

I really see no comparison between the two, but Bizzie was adamant PiYO was ripped off from Buti. I don't see it at all. I liked Buti at first, but can't get into it any longer. I also didn't like PiYO at first, but I have a newfound love for bodyweight work these days.

There are no butt shaking, or gyrating moves in PiYO at all.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 11:12 AM  
woodie

Thanks for the reply! I thought I rememebered reading something like that but I remember Piyo from years ago. I remember thinking it was athletic yoga. It looks interesting.

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 09-02-14, 11:24 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Thanks for the reply! I thought I rememebered reading something like that but I remember Piyo from years ago. I remember thinking it was athletic yoga. It looks interesting.
I dismissed it rather quickly my first pass, but there is a PiYO board on facebook that is so inspirational! There is nothing but awesome before/afters and I swear everyone had results of some sort! Inches lost, weight, either/or, very inspirational.

I'm working on devising a rotation with it combined with kettlebells and/or Beast. I can't wait! I'm about a week into it and feel it very much. I am confidant some ab definition is going to come of it!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 11:34 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm playing with PiYo right now. I agree it's everything body weight. I don't think it is at all like Buti.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 11:40 AM  
woodie

I wonder if they would go well together?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 09-02-14, 12:11 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
I wonder if they would go well together?
I think they would go well together. PiYo has been around longer than Buti, for sure. I think PiYo is more athletic and maybe drier, or not as fun as Buti is. I also think you will feel PiYo more than Buti, well, for me, that was the case. I loved Buti because of the music and it's a fun workout, but I never felt challenged with it. I think that's because I do so many endurance type workouts that Buti does 8 to 10 reps and Bizzie will say her shoulders are burning and I am like, really???

Buti and PiYo are both body weight workouts so they will definitely compliment each other. I liked both workouts, but have moved on to Ballet Body which I feel is more challenging and I feel the moves when I am doing them and feel I need to work up to a few of her downloads. I didn't feel like that with either PiYo or Buti.

Cheryl
Old 09-02-14, 01:27 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I dismissed it rather quickly my first pass, but there is a PiYO board on facebook that is so inspirational! There is nothing but awesome before/afters and I swear everyone had results of some sort! Inches lost, weight, either/or, very inspirational.

I'm working on devising a rotation with it combined with kettlebells and/or Beast. I can't wait! I'm about a week into it and feel it very much. I am confidant some ab definition is going to come of it!
So you bought it, sent it back and bought it again?
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 01:27 PM  
woodie

Interesting! I took some time off so I will probably feel the burn in jsut about anything right now lol!!! Thanks for the comments! Is anyone doing additional cardio?

New Butisattva

woodie

Tags
buti, piyo