Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-14, 02:29 PM  
Pascal

My favorites are:

-Seasun Zieger's Stepping Up - no blasts or power bursts, just super fun steady state choreography and AWESOME music (with the actual lyrics)!

-Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step 2 (a little on the short side and some TIFTing but the choreography is so fun I never seem to mind)

-Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome Challenge. There are blasts in this and a BOSU segment, but it is well-chaptered, and I'm almost positive there's a premix without the blasts. The BOSU section is its own chapter and at the end so you could totally skip that. This is, for me, Amy's best/most fun hi/lo workout

-Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2, 3, or 4. Just skip the Power Ups section (which is always at the end) for a fun, steady state step workout. I am guessing Advanced Step Challenge 5 is fun, too, but I've never done it. I didn't care for the original Advanced Step Challenge

-Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Cardio Blast has a really fun 25 min step workout called "Athletic Step." There is also a floor interval "plyometrics" workout on this DVD

-Seasun Zieger's Z-fit Super Step. This one got mixed reviews, and while the music isn't as good as "Stepping Up," and there is a section of one combo where she gets off the beat for just a bit, it is still fun and I always seem to click with Seasun, especially her newer offerings. I wish she'd make another step workout. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

-Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Train Like a Contender (TLC) has a short but very fun boxing workout on it. I just love it and time flies. No intervals in this one. Just one steady state boxing combo after the next
Old 08-04-14, 04:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am not into complex choreo and these are my fav steady state cardio workouts:

Jessica Smith's walking workouts - so many available free on her website
Charlene Prickett's With Every Step
Kari Anderson's Go
Cathe's Low Impact Step & Basic Step
Michelle Dozois's Rockin Body Cardio Jam
Gay Gasper's Cardio Crazy
Christi Taylor's Mission Possible
Ellen Barrett's Barefoot Cardio
Caribbean Workout Aerobics
Leslie's Big Burn & 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
Denise Austin's Fat Burning Dance Mix & Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast

I also love walking outdoors and I rebound on my JumpSport for up to 45 min while watching tv.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
-Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step 2 (a little on the short side and some TIFTing but the choreography is so fun I never seem to mind)
I've that one, and I can't get the choregraphy down yet at all. It's so fustrating for me, it looks like a fun workout, they seem to have a blast and I just wish I could join them!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:40 PM  
Tugger31

Gin Miller Simply Step: Classic Moves
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 06:44 AM  
Bebop

Great suggestions.

Anyone try Cathe's step tapes she released in the last batch? I didn't buy them because I had just purchased Xtrain.

Are the as good as her classics?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 08:31 AM  
lisa122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Great suggestions.

Anyone try Cathe's step tapes she released in the last batch? I didn't buy them because I had just purchased Xtrain.

Are the as good as her classics?
Yes!!!! Her last 2 step dvds, Party Rockin' Step 1 & 2, are definitely steady state and a lot of fun.

I like the music. She used the sound-a-like versions.

I have neglected my other step workouts in favour of these because they are so enjoyable.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 01:19 PM  
Demeris

I have a dvd of Charlene Prickett's television show--it's all aerobic, non-impact, no step. I love it. I don't have it close to hand, but I believe there are at least nine (or more) different shows on it, and her choreography is never beyond my two left feet and my unblossomed left/right awareness.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 01:22 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Someone mentioned Jenny Ford, she has a LOT of steady state cardio, both step and on the floor, on her youtube channel. I enjoy her very much.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 01:58 PM  
bubbles76

The steady state workouts that put me in a good mood:
  • Petra Kolber's The Last Step
  • Petra Kolber's PK Step
  • Petra Kolber Step Moves, New Grooves
  • Any Christi Taylor Step or Hi/Low
  • Amy Bento ASC2
  • Chantal Pierrat Soul Sweat!
  • Caribbean workouts - most of the aerobics
  • Tracey Staehle Steady State Step
  • Step workouts from Cathe Friedrich's 4DS
  • Ilaria's Powerstrike 5
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 02:05 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Someone mentioned Jenny Ford, she has a LOT of steady state cardio, both step and on the floor, on her youtube channel. I enjoy her very much.
Ooh - I didn't know Jenny had a You Tube channel - off to check it out!

This thread has inspired me, if I don't break down and buy Piyo I was thinking of a rotation where I alternated a 30 min barre3 workout combined with an SBF target (I love the way these to compliment each other - SBF zeros in on the muscles and barre3 provides a nice global workout) and a steady state cardio day combined w/ Classical Stretch or Yoga.

I'm not a huge fan of Hiit, but i do it when it comes up in Jessica's rotations.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio combat surge, steady state cardio